If Miss st + Bama lose and Missouri wins SEC title game, does SEC get in?

VK, I've had 4 or 5 posts claiming this all year in the other threads and it got completely ignored; not one single "reply with quote" much less anything else. This thread will go largely ignored as well, but you are a highly regarded poster here at ctg so you do have that going for you (this thread).

If one of the two lose tomorrow, and Missouri wins the SEC does the SEC get in.

Dont know. Can't see Jeff Long not getting one in somehow.

No they would not. Assuming ACC, Big Ten, Pac 12 and Big XII leaders/champs win out then SEC all 2 loss teams would be outside looking in playoff committee final rankings.

Bama loses to Auburn, then Bama beats Mizzou I think a then SEC Champ Bama would be a close #5 with their 2 losses assuming everyone else wins out.

VK, I've had 4 or 5 posts claiming this all year in the other threads and it got completely ignored; not one single "reply with quote" much less anything else. This thread will go largely ignored as well, but you are a highly regarded poster here at ctg so you do have that going for you (this thread).

Someone needs a hug

I think you were on to something .. ... There are scenarios where it would seem near impossible. I guess Missouri will suddenly JJUMP way up there just in case.

Bama loses to Auburn, then Bama beats Mizzou I think a then SEC Champ Bama would be a close #5 with their 2 losses assuming everyone else wins out.

Bro, this post is retarded and extremely anti-SEC. A two loss sec west SEC Champion Alabama will be going to the final 4. Messy St not so much.

I think you were on to something .. ... There are scenarios where it would seem near impossible. I guess Missouri will suddenly JJUMP way up there just in case.

If they hadn't just entered the sec they'd be worthy, but I'm not sure how high they will jump. NOBODY believes in them.

No they would not. Assuming ACC, Big Ten, Pac 12 and Big XII leaders/champs win out then SEC all 2 loss teams would be outside looking in playoff committee final rankings.

I would be wetting my bed waiting for the rankings to come out to show how crooked it all is. It would be great.

The correct answer is what Huntdog said ... of course they will. But it will be great to see the manipulation to make it happen and totally discredit the process ... as if we didn't already know it was crooked.

Bro, this post is retarded and extremely anti-SEC. A two loss sec west SEC Champion Alabama will be going to the final 4. Messy St not so much.

You are not on the committee and neither am I. Undefeated FSU, 1 loss Ohio St, 1 loss Oregon and 1 loss TCU/Baylor I think very likely would be the 4 and SEC/Bama would be behind them. Alabama has beaten what, 1 ranked team right now? Listening to the committee spokesperson every week I think that they would not put a 2 loss SEC in over everyone else. The committee isn't necessarily pro or anti SEC, doesn't matter what you think I am. They aren't going to feel obligated to do the SEC any favors.

The SEC is so tough that former Big XII member has won the east twice in their 3 years of SEC play.

it would be close if all win out besides bama an miss st u got

fsu,Oregon
osu would jump up into tha top 4
4th spot would come down to tcu/Baylor/bama I would think. I have Baylor over tcu an bama over Baylor so I would see bama in 4th spot jus gods opinion though

You are not on the committee and neither am I. Undefeated FSU, 1 loss Ohio St, 1 loss Oregon and 1 loss TCU/Baylor I think very likely would be the 4 and SEC/Bama would be behind them. Alabama has beaten what, 1 ranked team right now? Listening to the committee spokesperson every week I think that they would not put a 2 loss SEC in over everyone else. The committee isn't necessarily pro or anti SEC, doesn't matter what you think I am. They aren't going to feel obligated to do the SEC any favors.

Ive been screaming what you are screaming for months. I believe this is possible - messy St and Alabama lose, Alabama still goes to Atlanta? If so, and Bams win they'll be the 4th seed. Book it. As much as we think "no" you can book it. Now, if I'm wrong and someone else can go (maybe Barn) then forget what I just said. But still know nobody from sec is going to FF. I hope that all came out in English!

I still can't understand how TCU isn't ranked ahead of Ohio St and Oregon. If they win out and don't get in, its bullshit

It's great because tcu has schedule over Baylor and the loss to Baylor is of higher quality than baylors loss ... ... Baylor has the head to head win ... it's fabulous.

Missouri 17th right now .. .they just beat a .500 football team and will suddenly jump into top ten .. .. just book that.

It's great because tcu has schedule over Baylor and the loss to Baylor is of higher quality than baylors loss ... ... Baylor has the head to head win ... it's fabulous.

If tcu and Baylor both end with one loss. Don't u just look at head to head? It's that simple to me

guilty as charged

And this is why this thread was born. Completely agree. But you need the Bams and Messy St to lose and Mizzou to win in Atlanta. 5/1 parlay, saan. saan. That's what we are dealing with. And that's assuming Messy St can lose to Ole Piss and beat Mizzou and be the 4th seed. Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm.,....

after Baylor beats ksu next week strength of schedule isn't that big of a difference

after Baylor beats ksu next week strength of schedule isn't that big of a difference

YA that narrows it some but the ooc for Baylor was such a joke that I don't think they get rewarded. I don't see the committee jumping tcu with Baylor if they both win out.

And this is why this thread was born. Completely agree. But you need the Bams and Messy St to lose and Mizzou to win in Atlanta. 5/1 parlay, saan. saan. That's what we are dealing with. And that's assuming Messy St can lose to Ole Piss and beat Mizzou and be the 4th seed. Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm.,....

Incidentally ... Pinkel one of the coaches of the year nominees? I mean they are an ok team and all .. but wow.

Missouri 17th right now .. .they just beat a .500 football team and will suddenly jump into top ten .. .. just book that.

It's bc Arkansas is the best team in the sec right now. That's what er'body will say. I imagine they'll be I the top 8 on Tuesday night. *sic*

tcu has a cupcake game vs iowa state if they struggle an Baylor blows out ksu u cant keep Baylor out since schedule isn't that much different and Baylor already beat tcu regardless of where it was an by how much.

And, actually, I said 5/1 to parlay, but that's incorrect bc these teams will be dogs. Prolly closer to 15/1.

tcu played

samford
Minnesota
smu

Baylor plays

northwestern state
at buffalo
smu

its not that much of a difference out of conference really. smu is equal, northwestern state an samford are close I have samford slight favorite on neutral. buffalo been playin better an tha game was AT buffalo an Baylor put up 63 on em in a Friday primetime national tv game.

I jus don't get how tha committee is shittin all over Baylor. out of conference schedule isn't that much different than tcu

Surely I'm stoking some coals with that Mizzou comment. However the last 2 years they are 4-1 vs SEC West, admittedly vs the middle pack teams and their loss was to Auburn of course.

FSU has to beat UF and GT still. Them dropping a game is more likely than Mizzou winning the SEC Championship.

I jus don't get how tha committee is shittin all over Baylor. out of conference schedule isn't that much different than tcu

Committee loves the fact that TCU beat 8-3 Minnesota.

what if zona wins tha pac12? rite now they are 11th, a lot of shit can get fucked up is zona beats Oregon again

Sorry vk not a shot at you I just meant of course sec will. Can't do no wrong in that conference.

Back