If it's Texas vs. Ohio St.

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
I know Ohio St. had a pretty good year, but there's a large part of me that wants to bet Texas to roll.

Thing is, the coaching matchup favors Ohio St. in a big big way.

Thoughts?

Texas huge.

Odd that a two word post could make me feel so much better. Just to make sure, and I know you lean Longhorn just in general if I'm not mistaken, but you think Texas' talent compensates for the coaching disparity?

Texas huge.

Odd that a two word post could make me feel so much better. Just to make sure, and I know you lean Longhorn just in general if I'm not mistaken, but you think Texas' talent compensates for the coaching disparity?

Only way Ohio State has a chance in this one is to play Tressel ball. But that won't happen. Texas has one of the best run defenses and will be able to limit the running game. In the meantime, Ohio State does not have the defense to contain the 4 and 5 wideout sets from Texas or to stay close in a shootout.

I have a feeling that Texas will be favored by a TD or less and they should cover that.

Some people may think that Texas is down due to being out of the MNC and I guess that is a legit concern. However, the comments from Orakpo and Colt at the end of season presser looks like they are still motivated to put an exclamation point on the season.

I think this Texas team is probably the best "team" that Texas has had under Mack. They may not be the most talented or explosive, but they have overacheived and really jelled as a team.

Then again, there is a rumor that Fox is trying to put together Texas vs. Bama in the Sugar for a second Big XII vs. SEC game so this all may be moot.

Isn't Texas supposed to be even better next year, isn't that whole team coming back?

And, I hate to even say this because I know the answer, but f**king Fox should have NOTHING to do with who plays who in Bowl games.

Isn't Texas supposed to be even better next year, isn't that whole team coming back?

And, I hate to even say this because I know the answer, but f**king Fox should have NOTHING to do with who plays who in Bowl games.

Team should be better next year and the schedule sets up better.

BTW, 308 days until we kick the shit out of the MNC loser...again.

I wouldn't say Ohio St. has the coaching edge. Mack Brown doesn't call the plays or really coaches the x's and o's anymore according to a former player I know.

The reason why Texas has beaten OU 3 of the last 4 years is Brown has finally surrounded himself with big time assistants. Texas has one of the best top to bottom staffs in all of football.

I know I'm a homer but if this line is anywhere near 7 I would be all over Texas.

From a 3rd party, I think Longhorns are far superior to tOSU this year. tOSU's offense plays to UT's defensive strengths. The level of execution in the Big 12 compared to the Big 10 this year was ridiculous.

Ohio State will look like they are playing in slow motion compared to Texas. Gotta figure the Horns will be DD favorites.

Texas is a terrible matchup for ohio state.

As the day wore on , i started to hear rumors of utah v ohio state and texas v alabama....

Wow...from your mouth to gawd's ear, VK.

those are exactly the type of matchups we need to see. :cheers:

i wish but i still think its texas/tosu ... shrug ... going to be a great bowl season ... seeing your thread title a few minutes ago made me smile ..... I LOVE THIS FORUM DURING BOWL SEASON

Alex if you know any of the pitt players tell them to try chicos tacos in el paso. Best taco joint in the world.

Alex if you know any of the pitt players tell them to try chicos tacos in el paso. Best taco joint in the world.

Yeah dude I cant fucking wait for this game, you dont even know.

Why is Nebraska picked over Pitt to the Gator Bowl?

Is Nebraska still considered a sexy name?

Seriously wtf

i do think texas wins, but i doubt it'll be a blowout. i don't think we have any idea how texas stops the run with all of the video game teams they play. they sure as hell haven't seen a back like beanie. i think osu definitely has the motivation and coaching edge too. should be a good game, and i could definitely see texas winning by 10-14 pts, but i could also see it as a fg game. tough one to bet imo. depends on texas' mindset. quotes mean nothing to me as far as determining their focus and motivation, what do you expect them to say...well we're just going to go out there and not give a fuck because we feel slighted?

OSU would stand no chance against Texas.
Who has OSU beat this year to deserve anything?

They beat Michigan St and Northwestern thats their best wins of the season lol

Texas on the other hand has beat Oklahoma ,Oklahoma St and Missouri.

What has OSU done when they have played 2 top ten teams this year ? Lose ,so why would you expect any less against a Texas team that is arguably the best team in the country ?

Texas would win 35-14

I don't think Texas has seen a defense that is comparable to OSU, but wtf do I know.

OSU's line got better as year went on..very underrated..

I don't know who I would take at this point, but tough to bet against McCoy.

Texas leads the nation in sacks. Has the Ohio St. line improved enough to slow down Kindle and Orakpo off the edge?

Also don't think Texas has a bad defense. They faced statistically 5 of the top 10 offenses in the country this year, and 10 in the top 50. The Big 10 has 3 teams in the top 50 in offense compared to the rest of the country so switch Ohio St. schedule with Texas and let's see where they would've ended up if we are only going to look at numbers.

Texas has NFL talent and a ton of depth on defense. They shut down OU and TT offense in the second half when it mattered (offense gave TT 9 points).

Outside of Colorado the Buckeyes offense is the worst Texas will have faced all year long (yes including the OOC games) statistically speaking.

There is always one or two big upsets in bowl season that you will never think happens..

There is always one or two big upsets in bowl season that you will never think happens..

I wouldn't bet on this one being it. Unlike the Sooners the Longhorns have been pretty good in bowl games. They have won 6 of its last 7 bowl games.

Usually it's Michigan completely sh*tting themselves. Only, I guess we now know to expect that so that doesn't count.

Well, it has been kind of a public year for the top 5 teams..tough to go against any of them.

Usually it's Michigan completely sh*tting themselves. Only, I guess we now know to expect that so that doesn't count.

Not last year...Big Blue saved their best game of the year for last and F'up my Gators....:seeya:

Not last year...Big Blue saved their best game of the year for last and F'up my Gators...

Huh, you know what, that game was so bad I'd actually repressed the memory. Good point, though.

Not last year...Big Blue saved their best game of the year for last and F'up my Gators...

Huh, you know what, that game was so bad I'd actually repressed the memory. Good point, though.

:36_11_6: I had to turn it off...although, Gators losing to Iowa a few years back (Zooker years...most of which I've repressed) was just as bad.

MOTIVATION is key in bowl game capping....:tiphat:

One team I am worried about as far as motivation..Alabama.

Absolutely agreed. And it's not like they have the offense to catch up if they start slow.

Ohio State DEFINITELY has the coaching edge. I'll say that. Won't say they will win or even be close...but they definitely have the administrative edge.

Texas has the offensive edge...BY FAR. Ohio State has only seen a USC offense that is even close to being as good as Texas'. At the same point, I do feel this is the best defense that Texas has seen too.

Whoever quoted Longhorns -9 above seems to be about right to me. Maybe even more...

Utah +pts...a little ML...may be the upset we're looking for.

Yeah..granted Saban is a great coach and will make sure they are motivated..but Utah will be sky high and they are no joke..great defense and special teams with a competent QB.

OSU's line got better as year went on..very underrated..

I don't know who I would take at this point, but tough to bet against McCoy.

Man- I wish I had your optimism. OSUs oline sucks, and they have a qb, although young and talented, cant throw the ball. All of terrells passing yards have been "throw it 40yds down field for a jump ball". you cant expect to compete at an elite level being one dimensional.

Texas by anything less than 10 will be a max play for me, unfortunately.

...Oh yeah, and their defense is overated too.

Man- I wish I had your optimism. OSUs oline sucks, and they have a qb, although young and talented, cant throw the ball. All of terrells passing yards have been "throw it 40yds down field for a jump ball". you cant expect to compete at an elite level being one dimensional.

Texas by anything less than 10 will be a max play for me, unfortunately.

...Oh yeah, and their defense is overated too.

Hmm

Back