I thought the SEC was a defensive conference????

cashflowmatters

Where the cash flows, matters
The SEC teams have now played 4 games going 3-1 in these games but are giving up an average of 28.2 pts/ in these games. Going 3-1 and giving up 28.2/ means not only are these "d's" over rated but there Offenses are under rated thus creating value for OVER plays in games in which SEC teams participate in. Funny thing is the worst team defensively in the conference Kentucky has allowed the fewest pts so far. Alabama gave up 34, Kentucky 20, So Carolina 36, Georgia 24.

Those arent the upper tier of the SEC, but those squads did win. None of those teams except for GA are known for their defense. Ga defense almost pitched a shut out in the second half and VTs defense was responsible for creating short fields for two of those scores....Yes the SEC is a strong defensive confrence.

The reason SEC defenses look so good is because there isnt many high powered offenses.. Did you see what USC did to arkansas's great d?

That was what I was seeing also ABCS, this leads me to believe Ohio St should kick Floridas ass in a big way, Florida has not seen an offense even close to what Ohio St puts on the field, IMO Ohio St puts up at least 35 on Florida. The SEC IMO lacks quality QB's(nfl prospect types) thus allowing the conference to pretend to have great defenses. VaTech QB has been mediocre at best all season so his poor play made Goergia "D" look like world beaters in the 2nd 1/2.

Thats what everybody thinks about FLA, but they have some real talent at LB snd safety..There will be alot of points scored but Fla shouldnt have any problems scoring against that OSU joke of a defense.

Trout: Those lb's and safeties for Florida have not seen a QB all year the caliber of Smith. Florida offense is mediocre at best only scoring 21 vs Georgia, 25 vs Vandy, 21 vs FSU, 26 vs Kentucky, 17 vs So Carolina . Ya better believe Ohio St "D" is far superior to those. Hard for me to except that Florida offense will be able to do things against Ohio st that they could not do against the teams I just mentioned.

abcs said:
The reason SEC defenses look so good is because there isnt many high powered offenses.. Did you see what USC did to arkansas's great d?

When was this game played? In '95? Ya think Arky had a young team that VASTLY improved over the season...your such a USC a**kisser at times...:smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

cashflowmatters said:
Trout: Those lb's and safeties for Florida have not seen a QB all year the caliber of Smith. Florida offense is mediocre at best only scoring 21 vs Georgia, 25 vs Vandy, 21 vs FSU, 26 vs Kentucky, 17 vs So Carolina . Ya better believe Ohio St "D" is far superior to those. Hard for me to except that Florida offense will be able to do things against Ohio st that they could not do against the teams I just mentioned.

These rivalries have been formed over DECADES..these teams play to the DEATH every saturday...UF has HATED rivals in UT, GA & FSU (USC w/Spurrier, Auburn, Bama, etc.)...what I'm getting at is that stats in SEC games mean ZERO...:cheers:

UF's offense is very up-n-down, hot-n-cold...and will need an INCREDIBLE performance from Leak to contend but PLEASE stop disrespecting a team that played (BY FAR) the hardest schedule in CFB...and lost ONE game because our f*cking punter dropped a snap.

With these LOWER level SEC teams kickin' ass it should prove to all the SEC doubters just how TOUGH 1-12 this league is.....:smiley_acbe:

Mully :drink: :wacka wacka: :drink:

Last edited:
cashflowmatters said:
AMENDING MY PREVIOUS POST: Gators only scored 14 vs FSU

FSU is our most HATED rival...these kids have played against each other since birth...I'll say this ONE TIME....we don't give a f*ck if we score 3 points as long as we beat those SCUMBAG Seminoles...which, I believe we did....:smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

Mr M: By no means have I intended to disrespect the Gators, I just think the defenses overall in this conference are very over rated, this is my opinion after watching for a full season, As I stated in earlier post there is not at this time a true 1st round nfl QB prospect playing in this conference, so many of these "D's" look good every week. After 4 bowl games with the SEC 3-1 and allowing 28.2 pts/ in the bull shit bowls I honestly believe that I am correct regarding the conferences d's. Again no disrespect to Florida, but they have not seen an offense like Ohio St all year and if Ohio St doesn't lay an egg in this game I think they put up 35+.

Mr. M : What about the Big East, most likely the most under rated conference in the country. 2-0 so far and the remainging 3 are at least 7pt favs. Has Florida really improved?? You really believe they played improved ball down the stretch? You must have been watching for different things than I was, they were lucky to beat Ark, and probably would not have if the bone headed punt returner had not fumbled.

cashflowmatters said:
Mr. M : What about the Big East, most likely the most under rated conference in the country. 2-0 so far and the remainging 3 are at least 7pt favs. Has Florida really improved?? You really believe they played improved ball down the stretch? You must have been watching for different things than I was, they were lucky to beat Ark, and probably would not have if the bone headed punt returner had not fumbled.

Bro...we can discuss this till the cows come home..UF went thru the nation's toughest schedule with one loss (due to our punter dropping a snap)....enough IMHO about that....we'll need a helluva game from Leak...and...something tells me that this kid...who's been starting SEC games since he was a Frosh will deliver...:cheers:

On the capping front...tOSU had an EASY schedule in anyone's book...UT doesn't look so good and Meechigan is no better than LSU, Auby, GA, UT or a handful of SEC teams...give us a little respect...:cheers:

Mully :drink: :wacka wacka: :drink:

If you don't think Michigan could play with anyone in the SEC you are just simply missing the boat, they are as good or better than any team in that conference.

cashflowmatters said:
If you don't think Michigan could play with anyone in the SEC you are just simply missing the boat, they are as good or better than any team in that conference.

Meechigan is as good as Arky, Auby, UT, GA, LSU...the Big 10 top 3 can play with anyone...including the SEC's BEST...no one has said otherwise...just give the SEC & Gators their due...:smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

Mully

Last edited:
gators are a great team, they will get theirs for sure..but I also think you can throw the UM/OSU game out the window, that game was not indicative of OSU's defense IMO....or UM's either.

Gman if the Buckeyes score 40 plus AND win I will come to your house and Tips house in A GAtor tee shirt and some sort of male thong undees and shovel your drive way free of snow. I'll be there for the MAC tourney so it will still be cold as F@#k . If they DONT score 40 and Win drinks are on you day one !!! bet or not ? GL bro

HUNTDOG said:
gators are a great team, they will get theirs for sure..but I also think you can throw the UM/OSU game out the window, that game was not indicative of OSU's defense IMO....or UM's either.

Bro, honestly if we throw out the UM game what do we have to go by to judge tOSU...they didn't play anyone all year...Tejas has been EXPOSED...:smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

good point mully...It is just my opinion that's all. I think the defense is tough in the redzone and creates turnovers..should be a good game.

HUNTDOG said:
good point mully...It is just my opinion that's all. I think the defense is tough in the redzone and creates turnovers..should be a good game.

Bro...I just want ONE person on this board to say the Gators DESERVE to play for the MYTHICAL National Championship...since we beat UT, GA, LSU, FSU, Arky.....do ya think Big Blue played a schedule like da Gators??????????

Anything CLOSE to our schedule...HELL NO....we may lose by 21+ but we DESERVE to be there.....................:smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

Mully

cashflowmatters said:
The SEC "D's" have been exsposed as well Mulligan.

The SEC lower half has KICKED ASS..and the top SEC D's are still standing ...:smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

Last edited:
enough of this ......THIS Gator is pickin up Mamita and headed ( no pun intended) out for the night > GL too all Be safe and Happy New years

Mikesy said:
enough of this ......THIS Gator is pickin up Mamita and headed ( no pun intended) out for the night > GL too all Be safe and Happy New years

:smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

Bama, KY, SC and GA! Certianly not top-SEC material. NO DOUBT the best conference in football. Oh, yeah, you mentioned that they were 3-1 right!

The SEC teams as a whole are very solid but the "d's" are over rated. My point when I started this thread was to point out that I felt there was value in betting the OVERS in games that an SEC team was playing in, IMO the totals of these games have been made to low.

Flow. I can see your reasoning. However, I think you have to look at each as a seperate entity. With Hindsight giving us 20-20 vision it is easier huh ? I think as much a factor in these overs have been the SEC teams that have played thus far are pretty BAD on offense, Those underperforming offenses not only played to expectations , in each game they have given their opponent at least three short fields to work with and quality squads take advantage of that shit. Gotta factor all that in, Fact remains they sit at 3-1 thus far, which does surprise me some. GL today man

cashflowmatters said:
The SEC teams as a whole are very solid but the "d's" are over rated. My point when I started this thread was to point out that I felt there was value in betting the OVERS in games that an SEC team was playing in, IMO the totals of these games have been made to low.

Great point, I definitely see your reasoning and think that you may have a point on the overs....but its not because the D's are overrated.

I think SEC conference games are often played conservatively, it really doesn't matter if we beat UT or GA by 1 or 20, the win is that valuable in SEC East standings every year. So the bowl games may indeed provide a sweet chance for overs.

I also want to apologize for taking your thoughts as an insult to the Gators....(I'm thin skinned from all the disrespect I've been reading) and hope you have a profitable New Year....:cheers:

We'll see how these (Big 3) D's perform: LSU 12.4 ppg, UF 13.5 ppg & AUB 13.9 ppg....(although, UF holding tOSU under 30 will be an achievement).

Mully :drink: :cheers: :drink:

cashflowmatters said:
Mike: The SEC being 3-1 thus far should suprise no one, they were rated the best conference in the land.

See my point is if everyone TRULY believes this....how the hell can anyone say UF shouldn't be playing for the (mythical) National Championship?

I'd love to see a UM ass-kicking and a UF one point win for a "split" NC...maybe it would push us closer to a PLAYOFF...:cheers:

I am as curious as anyone to see how these "d's" from the SEC preform Mr. M, I do find it interesting how the totals on all the SEC bowl games today are 42 , 46.5 , 46 , the guys who make the lines normally know more than the coaches and pollsters, all year sec games were high 30's. I am in no way wanted to disrespect the Gators I actually hope the beat OSU otherwise every Tom Dick and Harry will be saying Michigan deserved rematch.:shake:

Runner up from the Big 12 Nebraska takes the ball 80 yds for 16 plays and a TD with ease against one of the so called big 3 "d's" from SEC . Also early on Penn St who struggled all year on offense moving the ball on Tenn.

possession #2 Nebraska again moves the ball with ease but QB throws rickashea int. Also Penn St now moving the ball on Tenn late in 2nd Q, 90 yd drive in progress.

As I stated when I started this thread I felt there was value in the OVERS in games where SEC teams played. Many in here have tried to disregard games already played by so called 2nd tier teams from SEC giving up 28.2/ in bowl games going into today. Well Auburn one of the so called top 3 D's" in SEC is getting smoked by a mediocre at best Nebraska offense, this leaves LSU and Florida d's to prove me wrong, but imo they also will give up their fair share of points against ND & OSU.

Troutman: I completely disagree, they will get 3td's + but LSU might get 40+. But you better believe teams with good QB's can score on the sec d's because it is happening in every contest so far. LSU gave up 26 and 24 to Tenn & Ark and ya better believe that Quinn is alot better than qb's on those teams

Damn. Maybe Bowl season is a "different season". We sure are not seeing the teams that played in SEPT (ala USC vs ARk )or even the teams that last played 5 weeks ago. Hello.....................same shit happens every year after teams takin a month off. Some get better , some get healthier , some get motivated, some dont give a shit. Should come as NO surprise things seldom go in a bowl game the way the "Experts" expect it too

Mike: One game that is going the way it should is G Tech moving the ball at will against WV a team that played poor "d" all year especially down the stretch.

TimH and I had a discussion the other night over a few beers as to how difficult it is to figure out who's gonna do what in these bowls. glad I dont feel compelled to bet on em all !!!

Mike: I hear ya there after several yrs of giving backa year of profits on the big bowl day, I go very light and am very selective.

cashflowmatters said:
As I stated when I started this thread I felt there was value in the OVERS in games where SEC teams played. Many in here have tried to disregard games already played by so called 2nd tier teams from SEC giving up 28.2/ in bowl games going into today. Well Auburn one of the so called top 3 D's" in SEC is getting smoked by a mediocre at best Nebraska offense, this leaves LSU and Florida d's to prove me wrong, but imo they also will give up their fair share of points against ND & OSU.

The two SEC D's (in early games) gave up a combined 27 points today (PSU scored a defensive TD)...Auby D shut out Nebraska 2nd-half and gave up 14 (right around their SEC average)....hope ya didn't hit those overs...now, Wisky is IMPRESSIVE and whippin' up on Arkansas...GL the rest of the day.:cheers:

Mr.M : Penn St moved the ball all day against Tenn, they should have scored alot more but that has been there problem all year(ineptness offense) and they still moved the ball pretty well against Tenn. In the 1st 1/2 Neb moved the ball with ease then in the 2nd 1/2 Neb did what they did most of the season ( Callahanitis) awful play calling. I do believe the only reason Auburn won was because of the Nebraska offense providing them with short field 2x's. Looks like SEC will be 4-3 at days end with the upper tier teams going 1-2 today, this of course if Wisc holds on.

Back