Oregon State* -½ +120 vs Boise State for 3rd Quarter x half

Oregon State/Boise State* Over 14 -105 for 1st Quarter x half

Oregon State/Boise State* Over 14 +105 for 3rd Quarter x half

Oregon State* Over 16½ -120 vs Boise State for 1st Half x half

and hopefully some ingame opps

Thursday
214 Bowling Green* -4 -120 vs Pittsburgh U x1....may add to this
213 Pittsburgh U/Bowling Green* Under 51 -130 x1
In my mind the question here is 'does Bowling Green show up for this game after winning the MAC and losing an excellent head coach in Clawson who was hired by Wake Forest. Pitt after an embarrassing bowl showing last season should be up for this game. The Panthers went just 2-2 in the final four games of the season but both wins came against bowl teams and they out-gained the opposition in both losses. I'm betting 1U BG comes ready to play even though going back to Detroit isnt much of a reward for going 10-3....if i new for sure how the boys felt this would be another 5 U play as they have a much better balanced team.
Bowling Green ranks near the top third in virtually every major statistical category, boasts the nation’s 5th best scoring defense, allowing less than 15 p/g, the 35th-ranked passing game at 265.1 yards per, the 26th-ranked ground game at 207.4 yards and the 29th best scoring offense at 35.4 points per outing.QB Matt Johnson @3,195 YDs, 23 TDs, and only 7 INTs, is one of the nation’s most productive QBs running back Greene with1,555 YDs, 11 TDs. Pitt’s net punt return differential of -22.4 is the worst among the 70 post-season teams. Bowling Green’s is +15.1. If those averages come close to holding up, then Pitt will have to negotiate a field tilted against them as Bowling Green makes out as well on field position exchanges.
Panthers have the nation’s 61st ranked passing game at 237 yards, its 112th-ranked ground game at 115 yards, 86th scoring offense at 26 and 70th-ranked scoring defense, allowing 27 p/g. But Pitt does have ACC Player Of The Year senior DT Aaron Donald and he is good as Donald won every award under the sun this season, including the Lombardi Award, Bednarik Award, Nagurski Trophy and Outland Trophy. The Panthers have been on an excellent underdog run, beat ND and this game has the feel of a letdown bowl showing for a Falcons team so i am treading litely for now. I hope I'm wrong about that!! I see a total of about 49 so I played the Under 51 buying a pt.

216 Northern Illinois* pk -110 vs Utah State x2
215 Utah State/Northern Illinois* Under 59 -130 x1

thoughts later

GLTA

Blood, or any other handicapper, do you have any numbers of what losing a coach means to a bowl team?

Every year I say I am going to keep records and every year I forget to do it.

There are a lot in that position this year--B Green, USC, Boise, Washington--and then there is Texas where the coach is retiring and the players claim they will win one for Mack.

Any numbers or information on this situation?

i found this on another site.

If you look back at past 15 favorites playing in a bowl game without their head coach they are 11-4 SU and 10-5 ATS.

With you on BG...I think I like that one better than the later game. Lots of talk about how weak the MAC has been compared to these other bowl teams. However, BG has a very good defense that is right up there with the rest of the nation.

I do want to hear your thoughts on NIU, though. I don't see how this team is motivated for this game after their MAC title collapse and missing out on a possible BCS bowl. Sure Lynch might want to put on a show, but I think it's a given that he won't be playing QB in the NFL, so I don't think he could do anything tonight that would change the opinions of the scouts.

I will be gone for a while after tonite as we got word this afternoon that my wife's mother had a stroke this morn and I have to drive back to Pittsburgs leaving early in the morning...long drive from KeyWest
I am on the side that NIU will have made adjustments to what we saw in his last game and I think they show up to play.After watching Lynch struggle against Bowling Green’s defense in the MAC championship, it's hard for some to think Utah State won’t have some sort of defensive scheme to stop him from going wild. I just dont see UtahSt scoring that much.Yes, the Huskies 4-3 defense was ripped for 47 points by Bowling Green in the MAC Championship, so it can be had. Bowling Green scored 31 in the first half. Huskies allowed 25 ppg and 423 yards per game and ranked a lowly 90th in the NCAA in total defense, 55th in scoring defense.UtahSt ranked 11th in the nation in total yards allowed(332 per game and are seventh in scoring defense 17.3 ppg.I am not going to out think myself here. Utah State is a good football team with a good defense, but without Keeton at QB I just don’t think they are going to be able to keep up with this Jordan Lynch offense. Lynch is always the best player on the field and his skilled players around him are healed up for injuries at the end of the season which left them a little stale on offense. This may turn into a high scoring game(i dont really think so) and if it does I like Lynch a lot more over a backup for Utah State. NIU really didn’t play a tough schedule this year, but again this game comes down to Lynch. If he is on the field I have to take my chances with him. Classic matchup of a high-flying offense against a stout defense, but the presence of Lynch and his Johnny Manziel-style play as a dual threat I think will be the deciding factor in a game that should be close. I am betting that NIU shows up for this game As far as this total, if NIU has improved on D since last game this may go over but I dont think it will.The Utah State Aggies have played 6 bowl teams this year and thos games have been very low scoring, with those games averaging 40 ppg, while just one game scored more than 50 points and that was 57 in the game vs Boise State. The Aggie defense has been very tough this year, especially down the stretch, allowing just 12.5 ppg in their last 6 games. In those games they held hi powered Fresno, Wyoming Colorado State and New Mexico to a combined 41 points and they may be able to contain this NIU offense as well, especially with extra prep time.But they havent seen anything like Lynch either. The NIU defense has been shaky this year, but I don't see an average Utah State offense going off on them here. Both teams are run first offenses and that should help eat clock. Utah State's defense is very good, while NIU will look to play better on defense after allowing 47 points to Bowling Green in the MAC Title game. Look for a game in the high 40ties. If late $$ comes in on USU I will be tempeted to add a bit more to NIU but I think there will be multiple opps to do some ingame stuff

GLTA

Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated :shake:

added
Live In-Play Football 9214 Bowling Green* -6 -110 vs Pittsburgh U x1

Live In-Play Football 9214 Bowling Green* -3½ +130 vs Pittsburgh U x half

Live In-Play Football 9213 Pittsburgh U/Bowling Green* Under 48 -110 x 1

Fri
217 Marshall* -2 -116 vs Maryland x1
217 Marshall/Maryland* Over 62 -120 x1

220 Minnesota U* -3 -140 vs Syracuse x1
219 Syracuse/Minnesota U* Under 48 -120 x2

221 Washington U* -3 -115 vs BYU X4
221 Washington U/BYU* Under 61 -110 x1

Sat
224 Notre Dame* -14 -110 vs Rutgers x3 i really think this should be a nickle play but the # is a bit hi for me
223 Rutgers/Notre Dame* Under 54 -120 x1

226 North Carolina* -2 -120 vs Cincinnati U x3
225 Cincinnati U/North Carolina* Over 56 -120 x1

227 Miami Florida* +3½ -110 vs Louisville x2
227 Miami Florida/Louisville* Over 57 -110 x1

230 Kansas State* -5 -110 vs Michigan x5 i played this @-3 earlier but still love it @ -5 for a nickle
229 Michigan/Kansas State* Under 56 -120 x 1

232 Navy* -6 -123 vs Middle Tennessee State x1
231 Middle Tennessee State/Navy* Over 56 -120 x2

233 Mississippi* -3 -110 vs Georgia Tech x2
233 Mississippi/Georgia Tech* Under 56 -110 x1

236 Oregon* -13 -130 vs Texas x5
235 Texas/Oregon* Over 67 -110
x1

238 Arizona State* -13 -125 vs Texas Tech x3
237 Texas Tech/Arizona State* Over 71 -110 x3

GLTA

and whats life without a little parlay
[TABLE="class: WagerDesc"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]
  1. 12/30/2013 11:45 AM College Football 231 Middle Tennessee State/Navy* Over 44 -650
  2. 12/30/2013 3:15 PM College Football 233 Mississippi* +7½ -750 vs Georgia Tech
  3. 12/30/2013 6:45 PM College Football 236 Oregon* -600 vs Texas
  4. 12/30/2013 10:15 PM College Football 238 Arizona State* -550 vs Texas Tech
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Risking 200 To Win 161
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Wouldn't be a college football day without a little parlay by Mr Hound.

Good luck, old young friend.

How's Mother in law ? and How Old ??
Hoping you had safe trip to Pittsburgh.

Back