I need some Football action wk on bowls

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
I need some Football action wk one bowls

12/20/2013 7:00 PM College Football 142 UW-Whitewater* -5½ -123 vs Mount Union x half
12/20/2013 7:00 PM College Football 141 Mount Union/UW-Whitewater* Under 54 -110 x half

by this time of the yr I have normally seen every team play a few times and have a feel for the matchup...but not here
Mount Union is nation's highest scoring team averaging 49.0 points per game and is second in the nation in total offense (528.6 yards per game). The Raiders are also the best team in nation on third down with a 57-percent conversion rate. On defense, Mount Union is second in the nation in total defense (282.1 yards per game) and is third in the nation in rushing defense (71.4 rushing yards allowed per game)...sounds good

WhiteWaterWarhawks find themselves back in the national title game riding a 16-game win streak dating back to the end of last season. Whitewater brings a dominating defense ranked No. 3 in the nation and No. 1 in scoring defense with a young, skilled and efficient offense. The Warhawks are an impressive +31 in turnover margin. The defense which has 23 interceptions and has forced 17 fumbles is led by senior linebacker Cole Klotz. Klotz leads UWW with 96 tackles and along with Kevin Burke is a Gagliardi Trophy finalist. Fellow senior linebacker in Kyle Wismer has a team-best 14.0 tackles for loss. Senior defensive lineman and 2011 Stagg Bowl MVP Loussaint Minett has a team-high 5.5 sacks and three blocked kicks while junior defensive back Brady Grayvold has eight interceptions.
Junior quarterback Matt Behrendt has only one interception in 432 pass attempts this season. He has completed 65-percent of his passes for 3,041 yards with 36 touchdowns. His top target is 6-5 junior Jake Kumerow who has 70 catches for 1,228 yards with 17 toucchdowns while sophomore Jordan Ratliffe is the top running back with 1,113 yards rushing with seven touchdowns. All of these guys work behind and offensive line that averages 6-4 and 289 pounds across the front.

Whitewater is 14-0 overall and in the tournament after winning the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference title and its automatic bid. The Warhawks are making their 11th playoff appearance with a 37-6 record in the playoffs including a 31-7 win over St. Norbert (Wis.) in the first round, a 33-3 win over Franklin (Ind.) in the second round, a 28-17 quarterfinal win over Linfield (Ore.) and a 16-15 victory in the semifinals at Mary Hardin-Baylor (Texas).

Last edited:
12/20/2013 8:00 PM College Football 143 New Hampshire* +21½ -135 vs North Dakota State x half
12/20/2013 8:00 PM College Football 143 New Hampshire/North Dakota State* Over 49 -110 x half

I think this is a 14 pt game with a 54 pt total

GL guys

MR. HOUND, lenoir-rhyne vs. NW MIZZ. ST. Lenoir runs the triple option period. Did not attempt one pass last week. Isnt Lenoir from ur part of the woods? Any ideas on the o/u 54?

How's it going, Blood.

I'll be watching that game, but won't bet it, although I'm surprised Mt Union is a 6-point dog.

I've hung it up for the year. Had one of my best years ever on winning percentage and my BEST year ever for winning money. What really determines being in the red or black for me is my max bets and I went 11-0 on those and 18-4 on multi-unit bets. Watched your picks pretty closely every week, so that had something to do with winning a few.

I'm going to bet about a unit this week, but split it up on bowl games. My standard bet--one unit--is 300, so I'm going to split that on some bowls. Taking Wazzou, WSU/CSU over, Tulane, then maybe a small parlay or two on the others.

Might put a little on Towson just to have a rooting interest, and I'll ride with you on the over on the SD State, N Hampshire. Only reason I'm taking Towson is they have a great running games and I always bet on the team that can run the ball. I love to watch all those college playoff games, but don't know enough about any of them to bet.

What are you thinking about the bowls this weekend?

I'm starting to like a few of the bowls for next week, but I'll leave that for next weekend.

Final week 4-1
Season 69-35
Max Bets 11-0
Multi-Unit bets 18-4

Tahoe, Wazzu is one of the worst running teams in the country going against a good running team with a good back. Your thoughts?

MR. HOUND, lenoir-rhyne vs. NW MIZZ. ST. Lenoir runs the triple option period. Did not attempt one pass last week. Isnt Lenoir from ur part of the woods? Any ideas on the o/u 54?

They are but I am afraid I can not tell u much about either of these two teams.

• The Lenoir-Rhyne Bears are 8-1 at home this season, 8-0 against conference opponents and 5-1 against non-conference opponents.
  • At home the Bears are averaging 36.7 scoring, and holding teams to 16.1 points scored on defense.
  • The Northwest Missouri State Bearcats are 4-0 while on the road this season, 10-0 against conference opponents and 4-0 against non-conference opponents.
  • On the road, the Bearcats are averaging 47.0 scoring, and holding teams to 17.0 points scored on defense.

I can not find enough info to make an educated play on the side or total

GL CANT Complain

let me know what u decide

12/21/2013 2:00 PM College Football 145 Towson* +4 -110 vs Eastern Washington x half
12/21/2013 2:00 PM College Football 145 Towson/Eastern Washington* Over 68 -110 x2

After watching Towson last 3 wks, how can one not put a little on a team that just doesnt guit??
and Love this Over. Looks more like an eighty pt game

201 Colorado State* +7 -150 vs Washington State x half
201 Colorado State* +180 vs Washington State 50/90
201 Colorado State/Washington State* Over 65 -120 x1

The Rams have been good to me at the window this yr and their offense has been very good this year and they are balanced, with 203 ypg on the ground and 258 ypg through the air, while putting up 35 ppg. Biggs is a beast in the running game with 1500+ yards this year and will be facing a Washington St D that is 84th in the nation vs the run, allowing 184 ypg. that should open some passing lanes for Grayson to take advantage of a Cougar pass defense that is 108th in the nation, allowing 261 ypg though the air. For the Cougars, they are all about the pass, with the 4th ranked pass offense in the nation and will be taking on a Rams team that struggles mightily vs the pass, allowing 265 ypg passing, which is 111th in the nation. Both teams have explosive offenses, while both defenses are very weak and that should lead to a game in the 70's. Love the Over and I think ColSt stays close and deserves a ML play

Wise, you are correct. Wazzou can't run it, rarely tries. CSU has a great RB and the coach loves to run it.

I'm just assuming WSU is up for the first bowl game any of them have ever played in and comes ready to play. I bet on CSU a few times this year and I respect them, but also saw them get manhandled a few times--including at home against Boise--and unable to run their offense and they didn't beat a team with a winning record all year.

I think WSU is better and played a tougher schedule so the only question is will they come to play. Not worth a big bet, but worth a small bet. I actually like the over better than the side in this one, although they are going to have some wind tomorrow.

204 Fresno State* +7 -140 vs USC x half
203 USC/Fresno State* Over 63 -110 x1
Im betting that the Trojans will not be fully focused this game, but they do have plenty of weapons on offense that can do a ton of damage vs this weak Fresno defense that is 92nd overall and 118th vs the pass, while allowing 29 ppg. on offense the Bulldog offense has lit up just about every defense they have faced. Carr had a monster year in leading the top ranked passing offense in the nation. as a senior he will look to have a great game vs a big name team which will help his draft status. The Trojan defense is tough, but did struggle down the stretch, allowing 28 or more in 3 of their last 4 games, plus they did allow 62 points earlier in the year vs a high powered Arizona State squad. This will not be a conservative game and i see alot of balls in the air and alot of points on the score board.

Blood, or any other handicapper, do you have any numbers of what losing a coach means to a bowl team?

Every year I say I am going to keep records and every year I forget to do it.

There are a lot in that position this year--B Green, USC, Boise, Washington--and then there is Texas where the coach is retiring and the players claim they will win one for Mack.

Any numbers or information on this situation?

205 Buffalo U* +3 -140 vs San Diego State x half
205 Buffalo U/San Diego State* Under 51 -120 x half

The Bulls haven't faced may high powered offenses this year, but the 3 hi powered offenses that Buffalo played against this yr they were blasted allowing 40 points to Ohio State, 70 to Baylor and 51 to Toledo. Now they face the high powered passing attack of the Aztecs....but the difference here is they do it at 32 degs against a team that may have trouble on a cold blue field The Bulls offense has been below average this year and may have trouble scoring enough pts but I still like the cold weather team here

208 Tulane* -2 -110 vs UL Lafayette x one
207 UL Lafayette/Tulane* Under 49 -120 x one

Tulane's D should win this game by 7 while keeping this total low

parlay 100/110
Colorado State* +14 -420 vs Washington State
Fresno State* +14 -370 vs USC
Tulane* +4 -300 vs UL Lafayette

Thanks guys. went 3-2 + a half last nite. It was nice to see some positive results after losing nearly 20% of my early season profits for the yr the last 3 wks of the regular season.

Huntdog...Thanks for the vote of confidence my friend. GLTU this bowl season

Wise...I have been doing this long enough to know that anything can happen in these bowls so U want see me on many big plays
I will capp/post as I go but most will be for a half to 2 U. I did make a couple of big plays. I hit Bama for a dime @ -14 and bought TexA&M down -10 and played it for a dime.I have nickle plays on OregonSt -1, KSt -3, Oregon -10 , ArizSt -10,

Tahoe, Hope ur bowl season is a success. I actually like the early 'shit' bowls as much as the big ones.
As far as the info on stats for bowl coach changes, I dont remember ever seeing such. While the stat would be interesting, I would think each game would have to be looked at closely as to what the kids thought about the old/new coach. Could be lot of emotion involved is some games.

hugh, Thanks partner...stay warm up there. Its been hitting the low eighties most every ay here in the Keys where the people are in 'party mode'' 365 days a yr. The sun has already bleached my hair and beard to solid white. GL

During lenoir-rhynes last 3 playoff games they have thrown 6 times for like 20yds. That included the carson-newman game where they were down 20-10 at half. Thats it!

They are but I am afraid I can not tell u much about either of these two teams.

• The Lenoir-Rhyne Bears are 8-1 at home this season, 8-0 against conference opponents and 5-1 against non-conference opponents.
  • At home the Bears are averaging 36.7 scoring, and holding teams to 16.1 points scored on defense.
  • The Northwest Missouri State Bearcats are 4-0 while on the road this season, 10-0 against conference opponents and 4-0 against non-conference opponents.
  • On the road, the Bearcats are averaging 47.0 scoring, and holding teams to 17.0 points scored on defense.

I can not find enough info to make an educated play on the side or total

GL CANT Complain

let me know what u decide

I just cant stand not not taking 21.5....just on general principles :)

148 Lenoir-Rhyne* +21½ -120 vs NW Missouri State x 20 little ones

Mon
210 East Carolina -13 -120* <small>vs</small> Ohio x2
209 Ohio/East Carolina Over 61 -120* x 2

Tues

211 Oregon State -3 -105* <small>vs</small> Boise State x5

Mon baskets
College Basketball
724 Fordham* -6 -110 vs Loyola Chicago x half
726 Colorado State* -13 -110 vs Illinois Chicago x half
733 Saint Mary's CA* -2 -110 vs Hawaii x half

NFL
NFL Football 131 Atlanta Falcons* +17 -150 vs San Francisco 49ers x half

Have a merry Christmas, mr. hound, and best of luck with your post season plays.

I see lot of good cappers on Boise tonite while I made Oregon at least a td better.
A close look at the OSU schedule Lets not forget that those last five OSU's losses were against the virtual cream of the crop in the Pac-12—Stanford, USC, Arizona State, Washington, and Oregon. All those teams were easily better than any team that Boise beat all season, as BSU’s wins were vs. Tennessee-Martin, defenseless Air Force, hapless Southern Miss, Utah State (without Chuckie Keeton), Nevada, Colorado State, Wyo and New Mexico. And OSU overall schedule was an average of 7 ppg stronger than that of Boise!!
True, the Beavers are a one-dimensional offense this season, ranking third in the nation in passing yards (382.1 YPG), but were 118th among FBS schools with a very poor 86 rushing y/g. But I think QB Mannion, who is second in the nation with 4,403 passing yards and is tied for third with 36 touchdowns through the air will have a field day against a Boise D whose competition completed 64% of their passes for 248 YPG (7.1 YPA) against the Broncos.This will keep this game competitive even with OSU piss poor D IMO

GLTA

Beavers should score a ton Blood, I expect Riley to everything in his power to showcase Mannion in his final game, try to improve his draft stock and the Boise defense shouldn't get in the way of that. SOS difference is critical in games like this, won't be surprised to see OSU get to 50.

Have a merry Christmas, mr. hound, and best of luck with your post season plays.

Thank U MrBull...I appreciate all of the support u have given me again this yr. Always a nice word even when a bad wk raised its ugly head. :thumbsup2:

I had planned on splitting time between SloppyJoes, Kellys and Hogbreaths saloon today enjoying my last trip to KeyWest but this bronical crud is hanging on and coughing every other breath and making me feel like crap so I have this little palm tree here on the beach where i am parked and have it staked out with my chairs and a small table and will celebrate with a 12 pack of Corona(not my favorite but it seems to taste pretty good down here in this heat) :)

MerryChristmas to U and Urs sir

Merry Xmas Blood. There are certainly places where Corona's suddenly becomes my favorite beer.

5b0d5c63-0e5b-4530-b215-0bd3bb2c4e02.jpeg

Beavers should score a ton Blood, I expect Riley to everything in his power to showcase Mannion in his final game, try to improve his draft stock and the Boise defense shouldn't get in the way of that. SOS difference is critical in games like this, won't be surprised to see OSU get to 50.

Thank U KJ
Ist good to here that U agree.It’s always been hard to predict what you’re going to get in this bowl, played on family-oriented Christmas Eve. This total is right on my # but hearing ur thoughts, makes me want to take a chance on this Over 65

GL and hope u have a Big bowl season KJ :cheers:

Thank U KJ
Ist good to here that U agree.It’s always been hard to predict what you’re going to get in this bowl, played on family-oriented Christmas Eve. This total is right on my # but hearing ur thoughts, makes me want to take a chance on this Over 65

GL and hope u have a Big bowl season KJ :cheers:

I will be on the OSU team total once it's available to me Blood. GL and enjoy Duval.

Haven't looked at it but remember to check the wind in Honolulu. Could certainly slow down Mannion if wind is anything significant...

Merry Xmas Blood. There are certainly places where Corona's suddenly becomes my favorite beer.

5b0d5c63-0e5b-4530-b215-0bd3bb2c4e02.jpeg

damn, that pic lets me know I'm still alive as it brings back a lot of good/and bad memories and makes me thankful Im still here on this old earth after some of the shit I have seen and been involved in over the yrs

MerryChristmas doggy

And GL on the games

[TABLE="class: contentTable"]
<thead>[TR]
[TH][/TH]
[TH="class: cellSep taC"] 2:00 PM [/TH]
[TH="class: cellSep taC"] 3:00 PM [/TH]
[TH="class: cellSep taC"] 4:00 PM [/TH]
[TH="class: cellSep taC"] 5:00 PM [/TH]
[TH="class: cellSep taC"] 6:00 PM [/TH]
[TH="class: cellSep taC"] 7:00 PM [/TH]
[/TR]
</thead> <tbody> [TR="class: vaM"]
[TD="class: taR b"]Wind[/TD]
[TD="class: taC"]
44x44_North.gif

13 mph North [/TD]
44x44_North.gif

13 mph North [/TD]
44x44_North.gif

13 mph North [/TD]
44x44_North.gif

13 mph North [/TD]
44x44_North.gif

13 mph North [/TD]
44x44_North.gif

12 mph North [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: vaM"]
[TD="class: taR b"]Conditions[/TD]
rain.gif

Rain Showers [/TD]
rain.gif

Rain Showers [/TD]
rain.gif

Rain Showers [/TD]
rain.gif

Rain Showers [/TD]
rain.gif

Rain Showers [/TD]
rain.gif

Rain Showers [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: taR b"]Temperature[/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 79 °F [/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 77 °F [/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 76 °F [/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 74 °F [/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 72 °F [/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 69 °F [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: taR b"]Humidity[/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 62 % [/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 67 % [/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 71 % [/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 76 % [/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 83 % [/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 89 % [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: taR b"]Chance of Rain[/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 26 % [/TD]
[TD="class: taC"] 20 % [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

i just received an email that says...for what it worth...
Northcoast Bowl Marquee=#212 Boise St. under 66

I dont follow touts but I still have a few friends that send me what they get

Seems like North Coast is having a pretty brutal season overall, college, pro, totals. Good luck and Merry Christmas, blood, like Oregon St. and the over too.

Seems like North Coast is having a pretty brutal season overall, college, pro, totals. Good luck and Merry Christmas, blood, like Oregon St. and the over too.

yeah, i can remember 20 yrs ago NoCoast was at the top of the touts and did pretty well. I dont even think PhilSteel has much to do with them any more....they all are just trying to make a dollar but some are so bad I dont see how they stay in business.

The best cappers are here at CTG imo

Thanks Tip....hope all is well with u old friend and good to hear ur on OSU and the Over :cheers:

Back