I like Vince Young

• Thread starter Thread starter C-Gold
  • Start date Start date
C

C-Gold

Vince Young isn't like the other " mobile" quarterbacks. People like to compare him to Michael Convict and Steve Mcnair... he is nothing like either one.

Michael Convict was a dumb, childish thug ( like I said all along). The guy didn't give a puck about playing football. He just wanted to get high, fight dogs, and spread his disease. He didn't study, but would just show up to games, and try and impervise with his legs.

You could make a case that Mike Convict actually got worse at reading defenses. The guy would drop back ( and not look downfield), but at the pass rushers. Then he would scramble around, and sometimes get sacked, and sometimes make some fantastic runs.

Convict would pound his chest when he did good, and point his finger at his teammates and coaches when he failed.

Mike Vick was a lazy player

Steve Mcnair has had an underrated career. I have never seen a D1AA player get as much attention as air mcnair. He was destorying passing records to the tune of 400 yard passing games, 100 yard rushing games etc. D1AA teams aren't neccesarily always less talented than D1A teams, but they have the dumb athletes that can't make grades, or get in trouble with the law. Mcnair pummeled everyone and everything in his way...

Mcnair had a good career at Tennesse. I picked them to win the super bowl the year that Kevin Dyson was just 1 yard too short.

The reason I liked the Titans, was because if the Titans had the ball last in a game, I was confident in Mcnair and his 2 minute offense. I just couldn't see them losing ( but I was wrong by one yard).

Mcnair started out his career running more, but he started running more to buy time, while still looking downfield ( like donovan is doing now). Mcnair is obviously getting older now, but he is still really good at reading defenses.

He was the kind of guy that would extend long time consuming drives. He might hit his tight end frank the bank wycheck for 5 yard pass after 5 yard pass on 3rd and 4. Mcnair really understood the passing game.

The only thing I didn't like about him, was that he was always injured and missing practice. I want my QB to take the reps in practice. The guy who practices is the guy who should play. I can understand sitting out practice every now and then, but Mcnair was always missing practice with injury. Mcnair had an outstanding career though, and he just might win a ring with that ravens D.

Now comes Vince Young.

Vince Young is NOTHING like Mike Convict. Vince Young actually studies his play book, and wants to win.

I know it sounds cheesy, but Vince is a competetor. He is everything the "mobile " quarterback is supposed to be.

Vince Young doesn't just drop back and run because his first option isn't open... Vince is trying to throw the ball.

Not only is he good at running, he is good at deciding when to run, and when to throw. Even a mobile QB doesn't want to run too much. Runs = tackles and tackles = hits.

You also used to see Mike Convict run so much, that at the end of drives he would just tire and wear down. Running backs rotate when they get tired, but you would just see Vick Huffing and puffing in the redzone, while he team has to settle for FGs instead of TDs.

Vince Young doesn't have the best receivers in the game, but he makes them better. That might sound funny, because I don't think he is that great of a passer. Vince had a high completion percentage in college, because he sees the field well. I still think he throws the ball like he is flinging shit, but he studies and could improve a lot as a passer.

Vince might not be as fast as Mike Convict, but he is at least as good as a runner. First of all, Vick was under 6 feet and that always hurt him as a passer, seeing over the line. Vince Young is a freaking deer at 6'5 with a lot of muscle. He has a long stride and is deceptivly fast. He also knows how to read his blocks and run effecticly.

You also put Vince in a good situation with a very underrated HC in Jeff Fisher, and Norm Chow running the offense.

The Titans run an offense like nobody else in football.

You will see option keepers
2TE passing sets
power run game
spread em out and let vince pass or run

Like I said, I think the receivers are rather fungible. If you gave Vince a Chad Johnson, I don't think you would maximize the potential of a CJ, but when you give Vince weaker receivers, he sort of makes them better, but buying time, and making decent reads.

Vince will make those occasional dumb reads, but everybody does. At least he tries to keep it minnimum.

Vince is a fiery competator and you can't put a price tag on that. He was talking shit to those colts on the sidelines and getting fired up. I like that in my leader and quarterback.

I think the game tonight is going to look like a college football game.

You have super dome
The south
The saints and that offense
and under dog Vince
You have all kinds of young talent on that field

I can't wait to watch this one.

I have NO PLAY on the game tonight, but if the 1st half is low scoring, I might look to play the 2nd half over.

I think both teams will be able to move the ball. It could come down to red zone scoring. Are these guys getting 3's or 7's.

Both teams could wear down in the 2nd half chasing Bush and Young. I hope the 1st half is low scoring so I can hit that 2nd half over.

I never hated him.

That Texas/USC game was one of the best I have ever seen.

I haven't watched too much of him.

I will tell you that Chad Henne sucks and will never make it as a pro. He is big with a big arm blah blah blah, but his release is slow as shit. He reminds me of a 42 year old Dre Bledsoe. He holds onto the ball too long and has a slower release. He will get sacked over and over again in the pros and it just won't work.

The best Young QB in my opinion is Eli Manning. I think Leinart is my #2.

I didn't like Matty in college. I thought he was cocky as hell and surrounded by so much talent. Sort of like Jemarcus Russell was last year.

I will also guarantee you that Brady Quinn is a much better pro prospect than Jemarcus Russell.

I did my workout, pumped out 225 a bunch of times, did my cardio, ate my steak head dinner...

and now I am ready for this big game in Naw Awlans.

Hell yeah

are you ready for some football?

Leinart gets rid of the ball quickly

He doesn't lock onto WRs

He goes through his reads

He is generally a smart guy

He was dissed on draft day and has something to prove

Did you see that game against da bears last year? The guy has a lot of potential.

He still sort of has the training wheels on, as far as the plays they run go, but I think he COULD be real good.

but yeah. he hasn't done that much thus far, but he shows more promise than a Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Cutler, Losman, Grossman, Tavaras Jackson, Croyle, Garrard, etc.

Vince Young isn't like the other " mobile" quarterbacks. People like to compare him to Michael Convict and Steve Mcnair... he is nothing like either one.

Michael Convict was a dumb, childish thug ( like I said all along). The guy didn't give a puck about playing football. He just wanted to get high, fight dogs, and spread his disease. He didn't study, but would just show up to games, and try and impervise with his legs.

You could make a case that Mike Convict actually got worse at reading defenses. The guy would drop back ( and not look downfield), but at the pass rushers. Then he would scramble around, and sometimes get sacked, and sometimes make some fantastic runs.

Convict would pound his chest when he did good, and point his finger at his teammates and coaches when he failed.

Mike Vick was a lazy player

Steve Mcnair has had an underrated career. I have never seen a D1AA player get as much attention as air mcnair. He was destorying passing records to the tune of 400 yard passing games, 100 yard rushing games etc. D1AA teams aren't neccesarily always less talented than D1A teams, but they have the dumb athletes that can't make grades, or get in trouble with the law. Mcnair pummeled everyone and everything in his way...

Mcnair had a good career at Tennesse. I picked them to win the super bowl the year that Kevin Dyson was just 1 yard too short.

The reason I liked the Titans, was because if the Titans had the ball last in a game, I was confident in Mcnair and his 2 minute offense. I just couldn't see them losing ( but I was wrong by one yard).

Mcnair started out his career running more, but he started running more to buy time, while still looking downfield ( like donovan is doing now). Mcnair is obviously getting older now, but he is still really good at reading defenses.

He was the kind of guy that would extend long time consuming drives. He might hit his tight end frank the bank wycheck for 5 yard pass after 5 yard pass on 3rd and 4. Mcnair really understood the passing game.

The only thing I didn't like about him, was that he was always injured and missing practice. I want my QB to take the reps in practice. The guy who practices is the guy who should play. I can understand sitting out practice every now and then, but Mcnair was always missing practice with injury. Mcnair had an outstanding career though, and he just might win a ring with that ravens D.

Now comes Vince Young.

Vince Young is NOTHING like Mike Convict. Vince Young actually studies his play book, and wants to win.

I know it sounds cheesy, but Vince is a competetor. He is everything the "mobile " quarterback is supposed to be.

Vince Young doesn't just drop back and run because his first option isn't open... Vince is trying to throw the ball.

Not only is he good at running, he is good at deciding when to run, and when to throw. Even a mobile QB doesn't want to run too much. Runs = tackles and tackles = hits.

You also used to see Mike Convict run so much, that at the end of drives he would just tire and wear down. Running backs rotate when they get tired, but you would just see Vick Huffing and puffing in the redzone, while he team has to settle for FGs instead of TDs.

Vince Young doesn't have the best receivers in the game, but he makes them better. That might sound funny, because I don't think he is that great of a passer. Vince had a high completion percentage in college, because he sees the field well. I still think he throws the ball like he is flinging shit, but he studies and could improve a lot as a passer.

Vince might not be as fast as Mike Convict, but he is at least as good as a runner. First of all, Vick was under 6 feet and that always hurt him as a passer, seeing over the line. Vince Young is a freaking deer at 6'5 with a lot of muscle. He has a long stride and is deceptivly fast. He also knows how to read his blocks and run effecticly.

You also put Vince in a good situation with a very underrated HC in Jeff Fisher, and Norm Chow running the offense.

The Titans run an offense like nobody else in football.

You will see option keepers
2TE passing sets
power run game
spread em out and let vince pass or run

Like I said, I think the receivers are rather fungible. If you gave Vince a Chad Johnson, I don't think you would maximize the potential of a CJ, but when you give Vince weaker receivers, he sort of makes them better, but buying time, and making decent reads.

Vince will make those occasional dumb reads, but everybody does. At least he tries to keep it minnimum.

Vince is a fiery competator and you can't put a price tag on that. He was talking shit to those colts on the sidelines and getting fired up. I like that in my leader and quarterback.

I think the game tonight is going to look like a college football game.

You have super dome
The south
The saints and that offense
and under dog Vince
You have all kinds of young talent on that field

I can't wait to watch this one.

You are totally correct in the Titans offense. No one runs an offense like they do and it gives a lot of teams fits. 281 rushing yards against Jacksonville is enough said, still worry about how well the Saints play in the Superdome though.

You have to credit Jeff Fisher and Norm chow for getting creative and running that offense. You might not see another pro offense like that for a long time.

Vince might have crapped on the wonderlac test, but Terry Bradshaw was dumb as shit too. Vince has football smarts, and he studies his playbook.

He is a hard working competator, and nasty in that underdog role. He is probably underrated as a runner too.

The game should be great to watch tonight, hope it is everything I anticipate it to be. Some great thoughts in this thread about the QB's.

The game should be great to watch tonight, hope it is everything I anticipate it to be. Some great thoughts in this thread about the QB's.

QB's and WRs are my specialty.

I tell you what, I played for a GREAT offensive coordinator in college. :smiley_acbe:

Gold what ya think about Tenns Defense tonight ?As well as L white?2night Ive not really seen VY play in NFL maybe 2 times .I dont follow them or play for or against them.Ive seen VY play college and L white

I thought Lendale was going to be a real good pro... I am not sure anymore. The guy gained so much freaking weight. It's not healthy to keep getting fat, and then slimming down and " getting into shape". I thought the guy would turn out to be a more athletic version of the bus...

where as Reggie Bush would be like Bryan Westbrook.

I'm not sure about Lendale anymore. I am curious to watch him tonight, and I am curious to see the Titans play on that flat surface in the dome.

Gold what ya think about Tenns Defense tonight ?As well as L white?2night Ive not really seen VY play in NFL maybe 2 times .I dont follow them or play for or against them.Ive seen VY play college and L white
Not C-Gold, but know a lot about the Titans. Lendale is immature and overweight and probably never be more than an average NFL back, there's a reason they took Chris Henry from Zona in the 2nd round this past year (bad pick, btw). Also, the Titans defense is very underrated, imo. The secondary is very suspect, but front seven is solid. I think they have an outside shot at the playoffs in the AFC whicj means they are probably a Top 10 team in NFL as bad as the NFC is. What a joke the NFC is.

I remember all kinds of people bashed the fuck out on VY coming out of college, there was hell of people talking shit on the kid. I was dying for AL Davis to make a move to get him , he almsot had a deal done with Nawlins then the stupid texans took williams so Nawlins wouldnt budge.....

Does this worry you VY fans..he is starting to sound like Nabb with his "I am a QB stuff"

Obviously he will continue to develop as a passr but at the same time ou do not want to lose the skills he has..

Does this worry you VY fans..he is starting to sound like Nabb with his "I am a QB stuff"

Obviously he will continue to develop as a passr but at the same time ou do not want to lose the skills he has..

Yup he is definitley not running enough.

He did this his sophmore season when OU shut out Texas in their only loss that season, and then struggled vs Mizzu. Seemed he wanted to prove he could be a passer but he needs to realize his legs are what gets him these open looks in the passing game and opens up huge holes for the RB since LBs usually key on him.

Texas coaches had to sit him down agame fter the Mizzu and show him highlights of his HS career. He was a monster from the next game to now after that happened.

He won, who gives a shit about the percentage of rushing vs passing yards. Passing is the key to long term success though. Vince was accurate and made good reads.

ESPN reports that Deuce is injured, and they are talking about how Reggie can't be the running back, and talking about Aaron Stecker... wasn't reggie supposed to be the next Gale Sayers/ once in a decade player?

Reggie should go see if some old coach ( Joe Gibbs) wants to run a wing back offense for him. Maybe Joe Gibbs would let him wear a leather helmet and run that single wing offense that reggie might excel in.

Metcalf was a Horn so lets compare him to Dave Meggett.

by the way, VY's cock is 12 inches long folks...12 INCHES!

Back