Hulu's CFL 2017

0.5* WPG / CAL 2H under 24 -107

Buckley banged up. Stanzi may come in. This is a nothing game and in this weather it should slooooow down. There won't be 2 defensive scores in the 2H either

1* Saskatchewan -3.5 +105

This bet is purely to extract myself from the bet on Edmonton above. With Winnipeg securing second place, their motivation changes entirely. Its going to be cold and possibly snowy too. Too much randomness in the snow. This number allows me to get off that bet with little cost and a small chance at the middle on 4. I don't recommend either side in this game now.

Results after week 20

CFL Sides 25-19-2 +11.26*
CFL Totals 15-11 +5.26*
CFL 2H 16-10-1 +6.86*
Tease/Parlay 3-3 -0.465*

CFL Overall 59-43-3 +22.915*

Messed up with the Sask bet...I should have just left that one alone and it would have been a perfect weekend. Anyway, made some money and hit a new season high in units heading into the playoffs. I sense value spots in both semi-finals next weekend.

Last edited:
Semi-final weekend. I like sides in both games this weekend. Two teams clearly on an upswing catch two teams clearly not.

1* Ottawa pk -107
1* Edmonton pk -107

Eskies and Redblacks at pk.. yea I will take that.

I had Grey Cup Futures on Stamps, Lions, Eskies and Redblacks. BOL Hulu

Eskies and Redblacks at pk.. yea I will take that.

I had Grey Cup Futures on Stamps, Lions, Eskies and Redblacks. BOL Hulu

Thanks. I didn't know you bet the CFL. Good to hear.

Both games moved to -1.5 now so glad I jumped in when I did.

I think the Esks win it all this year. The real championship will be the west final between them and Calgary. IMO the Stamps made a strategic mistake letting off the gas for the last 3 weeks and resting starters. Now they have to get serious again after coasting for a month. I've seen that movie before and it seldom ends well. Ottawa has an outside chance because of the home crowd if they make it.

Adding a small parlay on these two because I'm tired of seeing that one negative in my record. I really don't see either of these losing today.

0.5* Parlay Ottawa / Edmonton ML +167

Results after semi-finals

CFL Sides 26-20-2 +11.19*
CFL Totals 15-11 +5.26*
CFL 2H 16-11-1 +6.285*
Tease/Parlay 3-4 -0.965*

CFL Overall 60-46-3 +21.77*

Fuckin Ottawa been doing it to me all year, ugh.

This weekend I love Edmonton. I think they keep this game close if not win it outright. Calgary made a big error IMO coasting for the last 3 weeks and resting key starters once they had first place sewn up. Now they come off that plus a bye to play their toughest game all season. I don't think they are mentally prepared for an Esks team who is as hot as they were to begin the season. This is the real cup right here. No way the stumps should be laying this many points. I may add ML when available.

1.5* Edmonton +5 -106

I'm still mulling over the other game but the line looks about right to me. I like Toronto to win it but it will be a dog fight.

1* SSK / TOR under 53 -107

Its a bit late in the season to be taking a flier like this but I think this is a decent spot and there are a few too many points here. I made it 51.5. Sask has had trouble scoring on the road all year and last week's 31 point explosion against the depleted Redblack's secondary is a bit phony. Toronto's defense is right up there with Calgary as the best in the league IMO and this week sees the return of LB Marcus Ball after a stint on the DL. The x-factor here is Brandon Bridge. If Sask benches the immobile Kevin Glenn for him, they stand a better chance of moving the ball. Toronto has a great offense between the 20s but they struggle in the redzone and have the worst rz efficiency in the league. Trestman has shown a desire to change that by going for it in some 3rd and 5+ situations but overall they settle for field goald rather than touchdowns far too often.

Add in the weather now showing significant winds on Sunday and I am getting on this before it falls. BMO field is mostly open on both ends and is pretty close to the lake so the winds howl through it. Through 2 seasons its starting to look like one of the better 'wind effect' stadiums in the league.

0.75* EDM / CAL 2H under 27 -107

The wind has really picked up in the last few mins which is making everything difficult. This game will get more defensive in the 2H and the wind will take away big plays and longer field goals.

Results after Division Finals

CFL Sides 27-21-2 +12.44*
CFL Totals 16-11 +6.26*
CFL 2H 17-11-1 +7.035*
Tease/Parlay 3-4 -0.965*

CFL Overall 63-47-3 +24.77*

3-1 +3.00* today. New season high in units.

Awesome day with Edmonton squeaking out the cover and the wind giving us a nice 2H under play. What the hell was Jason Mass thinking going for the field goal, down 7 with under 2 mins to play? Makes no sense whatsoever unless he didn't know the score. I hope this monumental gaffe, combined with his sideline antics this year gets him the boot because he really is an asshole.

Also, let me just say that from an entertainment perspective, the 2 CFL playoff games today were head and shoulders above anything the NFL had on offer.

Early thought for the Grey Cup...Calgary and maybe under. I would make the line -7.5 and 50 but we'll see what we get. Toronto did well to get themselves to the dance but they won't win it. The media will make hay out of Ricky Ray possibly writing a storybook ending to his career ala Henry Burris last season. That's not gonna happen but if they play it hard enough it may give us a little value on the favs. Who knows.

I've parlayed a decent bit of stuff through the week MLs with Stamps. Probably will have a handful of units at about even money on them to win. Any bets for you on the game?

I've parlayed a decent bit of stuff through the week MLs with Stamps. Probably will have a handful of units at about even money on them to win. Any bets for you on the game?

I think you're definitely on the right track there. For a side its stamps or nothing. Toronto is just happy to be here after posting 5 wins last season. Calgary OTOH has been on a mission to win this since they lost in OT last year. They were favoured by 9.5 last year against an Ottawa team that is probably better than this Argos team.

But the Argos have a stellar defense so they have the ability to keep this one close. In fact these are easily the 2 best defenses in the league this year so I'm teasing with the under. I made the number 51.5 so getting 59.5 in the tease gives us room for a fluke TD. Also, the weather is calling for some snow today. Not anything major but up to an inch falling during the game which should make the field a bit slick. Both these teams have excellent running games that will use up clock. In fact, I think that will be the Argos primary strategy, to use the clock and slow down the game. But Toronto has had the same problem all year...they can move the ball between the 30s but struggle mightily in the redzone. Ricky Ray has had some success throwing the ball up for his receivers to make a play but that will be pretty tough against Calgary's stellar secondary so the passing game will likely consist of a lot of underneath stuff or hitting Declan Cross in the flat. On the other side of the ball, Toronto should get consistent pressure against BLM all game and should be capable of preventing any big rushes by Messam. I'm taking a small stab at the 1H under as well.

1* Teaser Calgary -1 / under 59.5 +100
0.5* CAL / TOR 1H under 27 -114

Forgot my book doesn't do teasers on CFL so I will keep my paralays and ride that 1H under. Going to have to inquire about that again for next season as I watched a lot more games towards the back end of this season. BOL sir great thread

Yeah it can be tough to find all the options available to you in a small market. Pinnacle used to offer CFL futures but then stopped so I have to find a book that will have them next season. Also need a book that allows live CFL betting as there were a couple of situations this year that I absolutely would have smashed if I could have.

I love the CFL. Once you get over the fact that its not the NFL and never will be, its a fun league in its own right.

Glad you enjoyed the thread. Here's hoping we go out winners.

Just saw Pinny is offering Grey Cup props. I think there's a couple worth looking at.

0.33* 1st score is a FG +150
0.17* 1st score is a single +400
0.25* Marquay McDaniel Receiving yards under 70.5 -108

Got 2 parlays with a couple NFL teams still going that I will know closer to kick for Grey Cup but I do have about 2u worth of parlay to win 4.7. If the other two are looking to be in play it will be closer to 10 in total on Stamps. Worth putting my risk back on the 7.5 for the middle? The weather has me rethinking but I was not sure if they were going to be able to keep up through the course of the whole game.

I also forgot I have a 1u +200 on Stamps future

I don't middle very often but it might be worth it here. Its a big spread for two great defenses and I could easily see Toronto keeping it within a TD. I definitely wouldn't buy a 7.5 though as 7 isn't nearly as key in the CFL as it is in American football what with the rouge and all.

Looks like the snow is picking up. 1-2" forecast throughout the game now. I love snow games. This should be fun to watch.

I don't middle very often but it might be worth it here. Its a big spread for two great defenses and I could easily see Toronto keeping it within a TD. I definitely wouldn't buy a 7.5 though as 7 isn't nearly as key in the CFL as it is in American football what with the rouge and all.

Looks like the snow is picking up. 1-2" forecast throughout the game now. I love snow games. This should be fun to watch.
Thank you. 7.5 is the number on the board for me.

Lost the 1st score props with Calgary's TD late in the first. Everything else still very live though

No 2H bets here although Calgary -3 looks like money as Toronto hasn't shown anything. Got juiced out of range before I could hit it.

McDaniel has 4 receptions for 19 yards thus far.

Shania Twain looks a little milfy doing the halftime show but I still totally would.

Wow what a rush that was. I thought it was going to happen. I did end up taking the middle so all in all I only lost .75u after hitting the 1H U with you. Had they scored a touchdown there for the middle I would have been up +11.86 in total but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Wow what a rush that was. I thought it was going to happen. I did end up taking the middle so all in all I only lost .75u after hitting the 1H U with you. Had they scored a touchdown there for the middle I would have been up +11.86 in total but I wouldn't have it any other way.

It sucks to give back some money on the final game of the season but damn what a game. Toronto basically won it with 3 big plays, the 100yd Posey TD, the 109yd fumble return TD and the final interception in the endzone. That one will go down as another classic.

2017 Final Results

CFL Sides 27-21-2 +12.44*
CFL Totals 17-11 +6.76*
CFL 2H 17-11-1 +7.035*
Tease/Parlay 3-5 -1.965*
CFL Props 1-2 -0.25*

CFL Overall 65-50-3 +24.02*

Pretty darned good year by all accounts. Capped off by a great championship game.

I think one of the key things that aided me this season was the unprecedented number of injuries in the league. Injuries are such a big part of capping the CFL because of the ratio and the books were slow to adjust. I doubt we see that next year as full contact practices will be eliminated during the season. It will be interesting to see how Calgary responds after losing their second cup in a row in heart-breaking fashion.

Thanks to all who followed along and chimed in throughout the year. I'll be back again in June to do it all again.

Back