Henry Ruggs charged with DUI resulting in death

Pretty sure Mon/Tue aren't practice days but still

Not sure why Pack were practicing yesterday other than they had the Thursday game, figured they'd still do the same routine
Monday is film and treatment or weight room
Tuesday off day

Reactions: KJ
The video is hard to watch. Can't believe the cars just driving by as the person (and dog) burn to death.

This should seal the deal for a plea agreement. If they're allowed to show that video to a jury they may think 20 years isn't enough.

.16 on the blood draw so he was probably like .18 or so.

Illegal possession of a firearm.

156 mph.

He's gonna do some time, no doubt.

Quick prediction is a 5 year sentence and serve about half that.

Okay locals (Joe)..

The area this occurred, what's the speed limits etc?

This was over on Rainbow and Spring Valley Pkwy. That part of Rainbow is a bigger street, commercial on one side, residential on the other. I think right there it's three lanes a side, but I'm pretty confident you're talking 45 as the speed limit. This wasn't the highway, this dude was crushing it drunk down just a normal street. Even if somebody blew by you at 100 on this street you'd probably jump like WTF.

I'm sure it was late, and it looked pretty empty, but at that speed he was basically trying to kill himself and take someone with him.

3 Lanes on both sides of Rainbow Blvd with a center media. Mostly like 45 MPH speed limit on most large roadways...so people speed like 50-60 mph.

It's insane the speed limit is so high these streets/roads, given you residential, sidewalks, bike lanes. It's like walking on the side of the freeway.

3 Lanes on both sides of Rainbow Blvd with a center media. Mostly like 45 MPH speed limit on most large roadways...so people speed like 50-60 mph.

It's insane the speed limit is so high these streets/roads, given you residential, sidewalks, bike lanes. It's like walking on the side of the freeway.

I'm not going to lie, if you live here, there have been times you've sped down parts of Rainbow, including that one. But even the thought of 100 there is fucking terrifying.

Also, as @spooks hints at, we have a problem here with pedestrians getting run over.

I'm not going to lie, if you live here, there have been times you've sped down parts of Rainbow, including that one. But even the thought of 100 there is fucking terrifying.

Also, as @spooks hints at, we have a problem here with pedestrians getting run over.

Sahara, Decatur, Tropicana, St. Rose, etc. - drivers speed like crazy, majority from light to light.

I mean FFS…

Dude's bail was only $150k, so he should be out this afternoon.

Fun fact about how small of a town it is, I don't know if this is the judge who'd do his trial, but the judge who set his bail is someone I actually know. He's a good dude who's been around a long time. Apparently he said from the bench that he can't remember anybody driving that fast in his career.

Fun fact about how small of a town it is, I don't know if this is the judge who'd do his trial, but the judge who set his bail is someone I actually know. He's a good dude who's been around a long time. Apparently he said from the bench that he can't remember anybody driving that fast in his career.
Assume they're still trying to figure out the entirety of the charges? Haven't read up on it today but that seems like a legit number. Not sure how much more they could ask for at this point.

Pretty sure he won't be doing much driving in the near future. And probably a ton of drinking unless they required a monitor.

Sahara, Decatur, Tropicana, St. Rose, etc. - drivers speed like crazy, majority from light to light.

I mean FFS…

It's so funny you say that, St. Rose is the one I think of all the time because it begs for you to push 80. Can you imagine St. Rose at 3AM, it's basically a drag strip.

Which actually reminds me, it's residential too. There's a stretch of Pebble over near me where late night you can hear cars trying to hit lights and, IDK, race or something. Someone just died a couple of months back catching a curb and slamming into a wall.

What makes it worse is, all of those streets you mention are bad, but it gets worse as you go east. Like that video above, fucking Boulder Highway and the east side? Man, you better keep your head on a swivel if you want to cross one the bigger streets over there.

Assume they're still trying to figure out the entirety of the charges? Haven't read up on it today but that seems like a legit number. Not sure how much more they could ask for at this point.

Pretty sure he won't be doing much driving in the near future. And probably a ton of drinking unless they required a monitor.

Yeah, I was just trading messages with a friend about this. They mentioned that it was interesting to see an assistant DA out in front of this so far. But my guess is, being an election year, once they land on the charges, you're going to get the DA out there making a lot of noise about this whole thing. At least, that's what I'd tell him to do.

Your friend let him out for the 150k instead of the milli

Your friend let him out for the 150k instead of the milli

I wouldn't call him a friend (honestly, either before or after today, but I do know him through friends). I'm honestly a little surprised on the number. Not going for the full mil doesn't shock me. But $150k feels low. It might be a product of normally setting bail at $20k or whatever for average Joes and feeling like, 'Well, I'll add on $100k to this given the crime and that'll do.' That judge has been around for a while.

Also, given all the circumstances, it feels almost inevitable that this ends in a plea. Or at least, Ruggs should hope it does.

Another dude who ruined his life damn near before it ever started.

Honestly, the more I think about that Ruggs crash, the more shocked I am that he's alive. Somewhere in there is a story of modern safety technology, and probably karma for killing someone and having to live with it the rest of your life.

Another dude who ruined his life damn near before it ever started.

Honestly, the more I think about that Ruggs crash, the more shocked I am that he's alive. Somewhere in there is a story of modern safety technology, and probably karma for killing someone and having to live with it the rest of your life.
Yeah, the fact he didn't die instantly is nuts.

Or suffer horrible injuries.

Seriously. When I saw the neck brace in court I thought it was for effect, tbh. Then I saw the speed of the car. Airbags and seatbelts fucking work.

You see her car and it took a minute to click, but she was moving... he didnt hit a parked car, she was moving, and it still folded up like an accordion

What a fucking asshole

I know i‘ve angered a few people here over the years by defending people who others wanted to castigate and consider guilty, but I see nothing redeeming about this guy. What a piece of shit. I hope he plays one more NFL game just so the hardest-hitting linebacker can legally give him a bit of his own medicine

Nfl players are assets to nfl teams.

I wonder if Nfl teams will consider including in contracts mandatory Curfews for players.

Like a mandatory video call check in at midnight or so during weekdays.

The irony of Ruggs life was one of pure speed.

He was the fastest on the field and apparently he was also a reckless fast driver.

Raiders should have done their due diligence and hired handlers to control Ruggs while he is off duty.

The one in charge of documenting those calls would have a thankless job

They could do what Australia is doing. Ruggs would have to make a video call at 1am to the team proving his whereabouts.

Or they can hire personal chaperones: aka private elite security to shadow him to make sure he stays safe.

For some strange reason the person drunk always seems to survive.

Or it could be science/physics - the vehicle being hit suffers more force and more injuries. The vehicle that hits the other vehicle suffers less impact?

They put all kinds of bullshit covid rules restrictions in contracts.

It’s time to put player curfews as part of contracts. Or at minimum if a player is out of his home after 10pm he must have an Uber or personal driver drive him around.

I feel like just the excessive speeding alone would get him a couple of years , add the DUI and it’s hard to not see him spending 4-5 years in prison

I feel like just the excessive speeding alone would get him a couple of years , add the DUI and it’s hard to not see him spending 4-5 years in prison

Could be true bro.

The question is will a Nfl team Hire him?

I think at the end of the day the Nfl more than anything is a Production business.

A team will sign him if he is relatively young still. But I presume his speed will decline a bit in 4-5 years.

The Nfl is a virtue signalling organization, they only care about money and really couldn’t care less about any players or anything they do.

Essentially the Nfl is just like the Ufc. They have cages and football fields and the battles take place in there. They don’t care about any personal stuff

Back