What do they call it, lol, the constant? I know I'm thinking of something.

I'm getting to work on making the "common" scientifically relevant. Just to save face.

James has won the argument. Clock's ticking, but he's won. Here is the evidence.

Cavs with young James, playoffs, deep playoff runs, one finals

Cavs without James, lottery every time

Heat before James, shitty

Heat with James, four finals

Cavs with old James, finals

Heat without James, shitty

Don't overthink it.

Noticed he is always in the East on your list. Cavs would have been 7th seed this year out West and not making the Finals.

It's not best player in the league, it's most valuable.

James has won the argument. Clock's ticking, but he's won. Here is the evidence.

Don't overthink it.

Chill Tip.

Before LBJ, Heat had Dwayne and a 'ship and this season's Cavs are a bottom 5 seed if they don't go out and get Shump, JR and the Russian.

Admit he's the best player/coach in the league but not this year's MVP.

Noticed he was always in the East. Cavs would have been 7th seed this year out West and not making the Finals.

It's not most valuable though, never really has been. I understand the word 'valuable' is in the title MVP, but the award has always gone to the best player. I'm not defending that, just pointing out that's how it is, and when people talk about the MVP in any sport, there's always the "but it's most valuable player award" guy out there...and he always gets shot down. Haven't they even talked about having another award like the MOP in the NCAA tourney as well as the MVP because the MVP is almost always given to the best player?

Noticed he is always in the East on your list. Cavs would have been 7th seed this year out West and not making the Finals.

Cavs (and Hawks, for that matter) beat the big bad west. No one is afraid of Golden St.

As the award has been awarded, it belongs to Curry or Harden. Plus you gotta break it up once in a while. But let's not argue valuable.

Chill Tip.

Before LBJ, Heat had Dwayne and a 'ship and this season's Cavs are a bottom 5 seed if they don't go out and get Shump, JR and the Russian.

Admit he's the best player/coach in the league but not this year's MVP.

I was going to say the same thing about the Heat and a title, but they won that title 4 years before LeBron got there...they were pretty much a mess after that title in 2006.

2006-10: Post-championship struggles
A four-year tenure of post-title struggles befell the Heat from 2007 through 2010, including a 4–0 sweep by the Chicago Bulls in the 1st round of the 2007 NBA Playoffs. In the 07–08 season, Wade was plagued by injuries, prompting Miami to hit rock bottom with a league worst 15–67 record. O'Neal was traded to Phoenix midway through the season. Riley resigned as head coach following the season, but retained his position as team president. Long time assistant Erik Spoelstra was promoted to head coach. A healthy and re-invigorated Wade led the Heat to 43 wins in 2009 and 47 wins 2010, making the playoffs in both years, though they would lose 4–3 in 2009 and 4–1 in 2010. Wade was the scoring champion in 2009 and the NBA All-Star MVP in 2010.

3 playoff appearances in 4 years since their 2006 'ship and before LBJ's arrival can't be considered shitty though.

Shitty is my Sixers.

Also, just glad goldengreek stopped posting James Harden stats.

LOL.

2-1 name the amount.

Fuck it. I'll lay a dime, they're not going to be +200, right? No need to go private message like webcam deviants. I will bet you $1000 to win $2000 that the Cavs will beat the western champ, GS or Houston.

3 playoff appearances in 4 years since their 2006 'ship and before LBJ's arrival can't be considered shitty though.

Shitty is my Sixers.

It's kinda shitty though right? They had one of the 3 best players in the league on their team, just won a title, then got bounced in a 1st round sweep, won 15 games the next year (yes, 15), then lost twice more in the first round (playing essentially .500 basketball to get into the playoffs). All of that, in the East...which is only being brought up because someone else brought up the inferiority of the East.

Fuck it. I'll lay a dime, they're not going to be +200, right? No need to go private message like webcam deviants. I will bet you $1000 to win $2000 that the Cavs will beat the western champ, GS or Houston.

Payable by how ??

Don't think sending that much thru paypal is advisable but I could be wrong.

Don't overthink it.

Well done.

Payable by how ??

Payable pretty much anyway you want, other than a mailing address to signalcaller. paypal, BAR holds it, we just trust each other ...

Payable pretty much anyway you want, other than a mailing address to signalcaller. paypal, BAR holds it, we just trust each other ...

Totally trust you.

Confirmed on my end.

If I lose I will pay partially thru paypal and the rest thru USPS money orders sent by priority mail.

It's kinda shitty though right? They had one of the 3 best players in the league on their team, just won a title, then got bounced in a 1st round sweep, won 15 games the next year (yes, 15), then lost twice more in the first round (playing essentially .500 basketball to get into the playoffs). All of that, in the East...which is only being brought up because someone else brought up the inferiority of the East.

In all honesty you could give LeBron the MVP every year and I wouldn't complain. His mere presence makes his team better.

That being said, Curry is a deserved MVP this season.

Harden, no. Can't make a guy MVP that who refuses to play defense.

In all honesty you could give LeBron the MVP every year and I wouldn't complain. His mere presence makes his team better.

That being said, Curry is a deserved MVP this season.

Harden, no. Can't make a guy MVP that who does not play defense.

I agree 100%. I've said the same thing a bunch of times....LeBron could win the award every single year. And Curry definitely deserved it this year....and Harden plays zero defense at all and shouldn't even be in the conversation.

I agree 100%. I've said the same thing a bunch of times....LeBron could win the award every single year. And Curry definitely deserved it this year....and Harden plays zero defense at all and shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Yup, agree with you both.

Totally trust you.

Confirmed on my end.

If I lose I will pay partially thru paypal and the rest thru USPS money orders sent by priority mail.

I was told there would be no math.

It's a bet! Go Rockets.

Cavs size will bother the Dubs and no-one on GS can cover LeBron.

Tristam vs Draymond will be decent viewing.

we all know who the real MVP is...

so what that he's shooting 40% this post season
so what that he's 10/1,000,000 from 3pt this season

his playoffs begin NOW

The man is the only player in history to mean more then 40 games to a team in one season lol
Miami would've taken a similar gap, but they fucking added Deng and Dragic and held on to some decent players...if Bosh held on, they might've got the 8 seed @ <.500 lol

Lebron is the league MVP every year, whoever gets the award is just leasing it from him

Payable by how ??

me, steed, and eggman have done 1000 thru paypal multiple times. GL with the dubs. I don't see how they can be 2:1 favorites but hopefully it won't matter. GL man.

I thought since he was so bow-legged he would have had knee problems by now but it never really happened. What is he? 30 years old? He has quite a few good years left.

dumb statement.....

Not that it has anything to do with the bet or goldengreek's thread, but this is the best foreseeable shot for Cavs and Lebron, by the definition of foreseeable. You can't forecast future trips to the finals. Not with the mileage on Lebron, plus just bad luck, other shit, other teams getting better.

Did goldengreek have like 35 straight posts to start this thread? I think we got the point.

me, steed, and eggman have done 1000 thru paypal multiple times. GL with the dubs. I don't see how they can be 2:1 favorites but hopefully it won't matter. GL man.

Good to know.

You think they should be lower or higher than 2-1 ? Home Court and the way they are playing I like them coming out of the much tougher West.

Need them to finish it out tomorrow though.

Good to know.

You think they should be lower or higher than 2-1 ? Home Court and the way they are playing I like them coming out of the much tougher West.

Need them to finish it out tomorrow though.
I'm thinking they're going to be a -150 to -160 favorite. After all, the Cavs have the best player on the court. And the Warriors are still green in the playoffs. But this is great for them. The more experience, the better off they'll be in the future. Can they do it, sure they can. But it won't be easy. Gonna be a great series IF they get there. Don't want to jinx them. One thing you have going for you is home court advantage. They're going to have to win one on the road where GS has been dominant.

I was thinking -150, but I suck at guessing lines, and I've copped to that many times over the years.

It'll be interesting to see the series price, since before the playoffs, Cleveland was the favorite to win the title (they were 9/4 and GS was 5/2). But, when it got down to the Conference Championships, GS was the favorite by a lot....GS was 2/7 and Cleveland was 5/2. You'd have to imagine that the Love injury and Kyrie's issues had a lot to do with the drastic change there.

Gut guess for me is -190, -220 wouldn't surprise me either though

I think GSW would get so much cash at -160 or less

I was thinking that the series price would be inflated on Golden State, possibly more than -200 just due to futures and media love for this Warriors squad.

Cavs were 2-1 on the Hawks so that tells me right there Vegas had absolutely no respect for the ATL

In a short term way, the Love injury helped the team galvanize. Think they would need Kyrie, just to score. Cavs should own the boards.

I was thinking that the series price would be inflated on Golden State, possibly more than -200 just due to futures and media love for this Warriors squad.

Could be. I thought about -180ish but could see it up around, or slightly over -200.

The media does love this GS squad, but it's well deserved, is it not? The season they've had ranks up there with the all time great seasons. I thought I heard someone talking about the fact that every team who has had a season like GS has had this year has won the title....they've had a historic season...can they finish it though?

It'll be interesting to see the series price, since before the playoffs, Cleveland was the favorite to win the title (they were 9/4 and GS was 5/2). But, when it got down to the Conference Championships, GS was the favorite by a lot....GS was 2/7 and Cleveland was 5/2. You'd have to imagine that the Love injury and Kyrie's issues had a lot to do with the drastic change there.

Edit...the odds of GS at 2/7 and Cleveland at 5/2 were from this morning, not the beginning of the Conference Finals. Still makes GS a pretty overwhelming favorite though.

Back