13. Josh Smith ▪ TOT 2.6
14. Paul Millsap ▪ ATL 2.6
15. Nicolas Batum ▪ POR 2.6
16. Al Horford ▪ ATL 2.5
17. David West ▪ IND 2.4
18. Gorgui Dieng ▪ MIN 2.4
19. Tyson Chandler ▪ DAL 2.3
20. Marcin Gortat ▪ WAS 2.3

TWO OF THE TOP 5 IN DEFENSIVE POINTS PER 100 POSESSIONS !

Value Over Replacement Player
1. Stephen Curry ▪ GSW 7.9
2. James Harden ▪ HOU 7.8

3. Russell Westbrook ▪ OKC 7.6
4. Chris Paul ▪ LAC 6.9
5. LeBron James ▪ CLE 5.9
6. Anthony Davis ▪ NOP 5.7
7. Damian Lillard ▪ POR 5.2
8. Marc Gasol ▪ MEM 4.6
9. Draymond Green ▪ GSW 4.4
10. DeAndre Jordan ▪ LAC 4.3
11. Rudy Gobert ▪ UTA 4.3
12. Jimmy Butler ▪ CHI 4.2
13. Tim Duncan ▪ SAS 4.2
14. Kawhi Leonard ▪ SAS 4.1
15. Danny Green ▪ SAS 4.1
16. John Wall ▪ WAS 3.9
17. Paul Millsap ▪ ATL 3.7
18. Kyrie Irving ▪ CLE 3.7
19. Blake Griffin ▪ LAC 3.6
20. Tyson Chandler ▪ DAL 3.6

DRAYMONT AT # 9..HARDEN ALL ALONE <!-- / message -->

CURRY HAD

1) ONE OF THE TOP 10-15 PLAYERS IN THE NBA IN KLAY...HARDEN HAD NO ONE

2) CURRY HAD TWO OF THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYERS AND REBOUNDERS IN THE LEAUGUE WITH GREEN AND BOGUT....HARDEN HAS NO ONE

GOLDEN ST ROSTER IS 10 x BETTER THAN HOUSTONS

HARDEN SINGLE HANDIDLY TOOK THE ROCKETS TO THE # 2 SEED WITH NO HELP AND WITH TEAMS FOCUSING SOLEY ON HIM...AND HE BEAT THEM !

CURRY HAS TALENT ALL AROUND HIM OFFENSIVLEY AND DEFENSIVELY

ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE IT TERMS OF WHO IS THE MOST VALUBLE PLAYER

<!-- / message -->

CURRY HAD

1) ONE OF THE TOP 10-15 PLAYERS IN THE NBA IN KLAY...HARDEN HAD NO ONE

2) CURRY HAD TWO OF THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYERS AND REBOUNDERS IN THE LEAUGUE WITH GREEN AND BOGUT....HARDEN HAS NO ONE

GOLDEN ST ROSTER IS 10 x BETTER THAN HOUSTONS

HARDEN SINGLE HANDIDLY TOOK THE ROCKETS TO THE # 2 SEED WITH NO HELP AND WITH TEAMS FOCUSING SOLEY ON HIM...AND HE BEAT THEM !

CURRY HAS TALENT ALL AROUND HIM OFFENSIVLEY AND DEFENSIVELY

ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE IT TERMS OF WHO IS THE MOST VALUBLE PLAYER

<!-- / message -->

if we go based on these reasons, you should be talking about Russ and not Harden right now

I know you wanted to start this thread a long time ago but couldn't cause the Rockets couldn't pull off a win till game 4. But hey better late then never. LOL. Tell Harden to work on that defense then maybe he'll win it next year. Enjoy!

dac893e447b9ab14750f6a7067005ce6_r620x349.JPEG

I think both were deserving.

This might show in the future that best player on the best team has a leg up with sports writers/analysts/etc. for betting purposes.

You see it's not all about scoring. It's about making your teammates better. It's about defending. It's about leading. Harden is an A+ scorer, there's no denying that. But he's one of the worst defenders in the league. No effort at all. Here's a video I posted in the other thread.

[video=youtube;vQPlKk2LGIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQPlKk2LGIQ[/video]

Most people would criticize Howard for letting a little man box him out. And yeah that does suck for him but at least he's trying. Look at Harden. No effort at all. He gets boxed out by air. How the fuck do you explain that effort to your teammates? You can't. I said a few weeks ago I could have lived with Harden winning the MVP but his defensive effort is giving me second thoughts. But blownaway is right, both are deserving. Harden had an excellent year. But there's no way anybody should be crying about Curry winning it IMO. He had a monster year and it's carrying over into the playoffs.

BAR said it like 100 idiotic posts ago...

you gotta look at how MVP votes have gone over the years...

Curry was the best player on the best team...

his presence meant they were the Finals championship favorites...his absence would take away any title aspirations
Harden's presence means Houston is competitive but nobody really thought they were a championship contender...his absence would mean no playoffs...

Curry is more valuable to his franchise under that consideration...their play is too close to really compare...if you wanna go off sheer stats, Davis should've been considered...but his team wasn't in contention so he wasn't given a fair shake

BAR said it like 100 idiotic posts ago...

you gotta look at how MVP votes have gone over the years...

Curry was the best player on the best team...

his presence meant they were the Finals championship favorites...his absence would take away any title aspirations
Harden's presence means Houston is competitive but nobody really thought they were a championship contender...his absence would mean no playoffs...

Curry is more valuable to his franchise under that consideration...their play is too close to really compare...if you wanna go off sheer stats, Davis should've been considered...but his team wasn't in contention so he wasn't given a fair shake

Amen!

I think it was pretty much a given Kyle Lowry should have been MVP. 24-7 when he was healthy, then he got hurt and was never the same. Easy pick if you ask me

This was all posted by me at Cappers mall...go look...fuking internet tough guy
Kid, all you did was copy and paste a lot of this stuff.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/...n-curry-lebron-james-russell-westbrook-040115

And I've never heard of cappers mall before but thank you for directing me there. In just 5 minutes I've noticed they hate you more there then we do here of you. And what's this all about little buddy?

Keep calling people trolls Greek. It's 100x better than being exposed as a broke dick air betting loser like you were in the rockets clippers thread. The way you ran and hid like a coward after your bet was accepted is shameful. You don't have an ounce of integrity and now there is documented proof.
thup.gif

Did you lose a bet and not honor it? What's the scoop, I don't have time to look everything up.

LeBron is shooting 40 % for the playoffs and

Shooting 10 of 62 for .16 % from three

LOL <!-- / message -->

What does that have to do with him being a ball hog? He's also up 3-0 in the conference finals, and will be appearing in his 5th straight NBA Finals in a week or so.

Can't you just be an adult and admit you were completely wrong about LeBron being a ball hog? For fuck's sake, you sound like a petulant child.

lol, the real MVP jumps teams and turns contenders into lottery teams, lottery teams into contenders, every four years. Kind of proves the "V".

Defensive Win Shares
1. DeAndre Jordan ▪ LAC 5.4
2. Draymond Green ▪ GSW 5.2
3. Marc Gasol ▪ MEM 4.7
4. Tim Duncan ▪ SAS 4.7
5. Pau Gasol ▪ CHI 4.4
6. Kawhi Leonard ▪ SAS 4.4
7. Paul Millsap ▪ ATL 4.3
8. Andre Drummond ▪ DET 4.3
9. Rudy Gobert ▪ UTA 4.3
10. James Harden ▪ HOU 4.2

I agree with your premise, Harden should have been MVP based on the Rockets finishing 2nd in the West despite key injuries and a lack of depth. If Curry were to miss a game this series, Golden State could and likely would win a home game. If Harden went down the Rockets would have zero shot at beating the Warriors.

What disturbs me is how useless Defensive Win Shares is as proven by the above. Under no circumstances should Harden be on any chart as a top ten defender.

If you have a 5-on-5 tourney tomorrow involving current NBA players for all the marbles, everyone is healthy, whatever's important to you is at stake, you got first pick. Who is your first pick?

You do realize lebron won a game on the road vs a 60 win team with shumpert, delly, mozgov and thompson.

James has won the argument. Clock's ticking, but he's won. Here is the evidence.

Cavs with young James, playoffs, deep playoff runs, one finals

Cavs without James, lottery every time

Heat before James, shitty

Heat with James, four finals

Cavs with old James, finals

Heat without James, shitty

Don't overthink it.

Back