Give me some Input...

• Thread starter Thread starter chaz
  • Start date Start date
C

chaz

A couple post into this and I a pride myself as a better baseball bettor than football, so the transition might be a little rocky for me.

Looking at Week 1 there were a couple games that stood out to me.

San Diego St -1.5 over UTEP
Tennessee -1 over California
Miami -3 over Florida St

I actually saw Miami -2.5 for a short time at Pinnacle.

I like these 3 bets because they look to be somewhat sharp.

I don't really trust UTEP on the road at almost a pick 'em.

As much of a disappointment as the Vols were last year, I think Tenn is the play due to the injuires of Cal's OL. Getting the home team at -1 seems like the play. I never have had any faith in the Pac 10's defense anyway. USC...cough..cough..

Florida St I think will have some troubles this year as the majority of their defense is gone. Big rivalry game and it looks like FSU is a big public underdog. Both teams play each other tough, but I think there might be some value getting the 'Canes -2.5, if that happens.

Those are my thoughts. Starting the year I really hate playing too many games. I try to be selective as I only picked 50 games last year leaving me with a 32-18 YTD record. Not sure if it was beginner's luck or not, but hopefully with what looks like a very knowledgeable NCAA forum...I can get some help to better myself here as well.

Thanks.

:beer:

at first I liked cal but am now way off of them with mixon and others being out. Miami -3 looks like a play for sure, they are just better even with the suspensions plus being at home and revenge from last year. SDSU looks like a tossup game im not sure who takes that one. Good luck but you should be all right so far with those picks.

Decent looking card. I am like Nick, I wanted to bet Cal but not sure I can do it with the injuries up front in the Tennessee heat...

These plays are by no means locked in. Just ones I am considering.

Looking for some feedback form the board as to why they would or would not support these plays.

are u serious troy?? merriweather, atkins, olsen, wright, phillips, and a few others i left off im sure are all better than ANYONE fla state has
(rolle is only a frosh)

Buster Davis is the only player for Fla st who could start at miami right now.

75% on fla st +3 so I beg to differ there is no value on miami. I had fla st last year and as we all saw they got lucky as hell to win needing that botched snap. Wont happen again miami might roll this year.

i still like FSU i'm not sold on miami. if they win this whichIMO this is a toss up, they will run the table same with FSU. i think the winner of this game will be in the NC. call me crazy or nuts but i believe that whoever it maybe

TroyStacks said:
i don;t get how you can say miami is beter than FSU.thers no value at 3.5 for the favorite given this rivalryToday 02:58 PM

I said Miami's value would be at -2.5, not -3.5

Lookin at many differewnt posting forums around the net it seems as if these are the majority picks.

BC
USC
ND

Is USC really that easy? I actually liked Arky +8 when it opened up, and now its rising. I guess I just like home dogs and the fact that Leinart, Bush, White are not there any more make me want to side with Arky.

BC & ND?

I guess I would pick ND as the better team, but Reggie Ball is one with the moose. I just see 3 popular road favs and I am a little hesitant right now to play them. I think SDST might close as a dog....but not sold on that one yet.

Any other thoughts?

Back