Game 5 of Round 2 - NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - TUE 5/12[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 5/12[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]733[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Chicago Bulls[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+5.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.940[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 191 1.961[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"]Props
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]734[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Cleveland Cavaliers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-5.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.460[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 191 1.943[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 5/12[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]735[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-2.5 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.699[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 218 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"]Props
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]06:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]736[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+2.5 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.290[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 218 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - WED 5/13[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Wed 5/13[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]739[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Memphis Grizzlies[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+10 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 195 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]740[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-10 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 195 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Rockets obviously are one 4th quarter away from being sweeped.

They have an awful coach and a superstar who isn't great on the playoff stage.

Then there is D12.

----

Personally will let early emotion with HC play out and perhaps get involved live with Clippers after gauging a feel for things.

[TABLE="width: 831"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Chicago @ Cleveland[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Joe Crawford[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Derrick Stafford[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Zach Zarba[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowOdd"]Josh Tiven[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: tableRowEven"]L.A. Clippers @ Houston[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowEven"]Monty McCutchen[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowEven"]James Capers[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowEven"]Sean Wright[/TD]
[TD="class: tableRowEven"]Bill Kennedy[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

In Houston, home teams are 7-1 SU under Monty these playoffs with a 10.5 points differential.

In Cleveland, Joey has never been a LeBron fan.

I like Rockets here. They haven't lossed three in a row all season, they still a decent team. I expect Rockets to win tonight and Clips to win and cover in Game 6.

LeBron stated in post-game interview that the series needs him, they can't lose. Stern doing a Lance blow on the king.

It's the NBA. Stars or star teams will be in finals. No atl, no Wiz, no Bulls, no Grizz.

It's the NBA. Stars or star teams will be in finals. No atl, no Wiz, no Bulls, no Grizz.

Pretty sure Bulls rake in as the third biggest market and are the team of the best athlete of all time. Plus Rose still a top 10 popular player. Bulls would be great for ratings. Probably more Bulls fans like myself across this country than any other team in the 18-45 demographic. Lakers can have all the old farts.

As a Bulls fan I'm excited to see Joey in the house. Never realized how much these refs dictate the game. Refs last night called Memphis game even both ways but the style they called it was so pro Warriors the Grizz never had a shot. Allowing Lee to hang and drag on the bigs without a call when both teams should have shot 100 combined FTs.

The ref situation in Houston looks bleak for LAC but they are so much better. Hard to be motivated for extra rest though.

Houston was down 3-1 to Portland and won going away in this situation last year, no?

I still have that voice of that hag screaming come on Memphis you can do it Mike don't give up its not over for 48 minutes. I'm glad she went home miserable. How TNT couldn't mute that away I have no idea. If I was a Grizz player I would have not tried.

As a Bulls fan I'm excited to see Joey in the house. Never realized how much these refs dictate the game. Refs last night called Memphis game even both ways but the style they called it was so pro Warriors the Grizz never had a shot. Allowing Lee to hang and drag on the bigs without a call when both teams should have shot 100 combined FTs.

The ref situation in Houston looks bleak for LAC but they are so much better. Hard to be motivated for extra rest though.

Houston was down 3-1 to Portland and won going away in this situation last year, no?

EXACTLY... nba refs are pros at what they do.... people just look at the FT margin and figure thats the only thing that matters... that could not be more untrue...
the games are are fixed but imo they are clearly influenced by whoever places the refs for each game

crawford should help the bulls keep it close tonight

Have to disagree on the Bulls HUNT. Third biggest tv market, #1 in team merchandise sold this season according to NBA.com, and millions of people across the country who'll say they've been die hard Bulls fans since Jordan (even though they haven't watched a Bulls game since 2000).

Saw this on Twitter

LBJ's last 32 playoff games with Joey Crawford , LBJ's teams 27-5 SU, 20-12 ATS

Kyrie shouldn't be on Rose. He allows Rose to get in to game. Why not Kyrie on Dunleavy?!

Exactly and from the start...
When player like Rose gets his confidence...

Took Cleveland ML in several parlays, so would be annoyed to see them lose...

Also, I don't get how instead of Blatt getting MVP for winning Game 4, got so much heat. If it wasn't for his coaching, Bulls would have won by double digits.
Best coaching job I seen in the playoffs so far in Game 4...

It's so annoying to hear about how Mirotic is a rookie, Blatt is a rookie - Blatt and Mirotic met in Euroleague Finals last year. How on earth are they rookies?!

It's so annoying to hear about how Mirotic is a rookie, Blatt is a rookie - Blatt and Mirotic met in Euroleague Finals last year. How on earth are they rookies?!
Not as bad as when Sabonis made the all rookie team. Guy was like 32 when he finally came over!

That's what I hate about Mirotic. He makes so many cheap fouls (selling them cheap that is). That's why he can't stay on the floor.

Not as bad as when Sabonis made the all rookie team. Guy was like 32 when he finally came over!

I remember that... When he came to the NBA, he was considered by everyone, as one of the best players that ever played the game (obviously not MJ level - especially in the US) - he won everything possible in Europe, beat USA with Soviet Union, was one of game changing players and still was a "rookie"...

LeBron, 20 points, 9 from 11 from the field, 0 turnovers (and 0 assists). He simply in god mode right now.

Mozgov gets zero respect from the refs...

Thompson and Mozgov on defense though... They are destroying any hope of any Bulls player for an easy basket... Foul or a miss - those are the options and Shumpert on Rose... Don't get why Blatt insist to start with Kyrie on him...

Perk such a mess on offense, lol.

Problem with him is that he likes to get involved on O, kick it out bro - you suck and can't finish.

Yeah, but again, he gets three touches in less than one minute. Suddenly he is Cavs go to guy?

Look, I am going to leave the details to you guys. Just arrange for Memphis to win tomorrow.:prayer

I remember that... When he came to the NBA, he was considered by everyone, as one of the best players that ever played the game (obviously not MJ level - especially in the US) - he won everything possible in Europe, beat USA with Soviet Union, was one of game changing players and still was a "rookie"...
Such a shame things were different back then in terms of players coming over, otherwise we'd be talking about guys like Sabonis and Marciulonis as all time NBA greats. And, of course, had Drazen Petrovic lived, I'm sure he would've been remembered as one of the best of all time as well.
icon9.png

Another poor start to a quarter by the Cavs, almost becoming a habit in this series.

No disagreement on bulls being a big market but Bron won't let them lose this series.

Wow, LeBron is amazing, but how many steps did he take?????
It's not traveling, I think he took 10 steps or something...

Did Cleveland have technincal free throw and two more and scored only one?!

Noah and Taj with 4 fouls each...

Paulie.. I don't. I wish. I love Bron but just being real. Cavs are an average team that will be in finals because of Bron. Atl has slim shot

Dunleavy missed three pointer, Kyrie hit it. Instead of one point, it's 6 points game...

Wow Mirotic... :(
Bulls fought and fought, made it one point game and still after three quarters, the lead is 9 points (was 10 at HT and should have been 12 after 3rd).

Back