Friday/Saturday Night NFLx IN-GAME

Flacco back out for a third series because of how poor he's been so far. The Ravens starting inside their own 5 here, and we're down to six minutes left in the first half.

Big Ben hit on a long pass for Pitt against the Bills and gave them a 6-3 lead. One must assume the kicker missed the extra point; as it's a 33-yard field goal. I don't like that rule by the way. It takes away the ability to fake an extra point and go for two. Chipper Kelly got stopped in Week 3 vs. Chiefs trying that last year, but you can be sure the Eagles have done some things to try to figure out how to steal a point. Kelly is ahead of the curve and he'll no doubt be ahead of it in games that are 6-0 or 8-0 depending on what happens once he gets these Niffel guys to buy in.

Pierce I have liked since his days at Temple, but not sure he can be a guy who gets the ball 30 times a game while Rice is out. He's a nice change-of-pace guy and could potentially start and get 15 carries a game, but if Rice were gone for a long while, the Ravens would have serious issues on offense. Of course, they ran for 3.1 ypc last year. That's fucking terrible. Meanwhile, Murray the Beast averaged 5.2 ypc last year and Dallas refused to give him the ball.

Hard to totally blame the Cowboys for wanting to throw to Bryant. The guy is the biggest beast in football. He totally whored 42 the DB for Baltimore on the first touchdown. Romo would be wise to look for him a lot, and I predict a big day for 88 against Sherman if the refs continue with these rules trying to take away the defense.

Aaron Rodgers is the best player in football, really hard for anyone to argue. I love Manning but let's be honest, the physical and mental skills of Rodgers are out of this world. He does so many things well, including throwing bullets both in and out of the pocket. His mobility seems the same as it was before. He shredded the Rammers on that first drive. They ranked up very high in sacks last year, so GB designed a gameplan on that first drive where they just ripped their ass with quick reads and passes, not allowing the pass rushers to get anywhere near him.

Dallas hits QB in head after a 3rd down stop, and now Flacco gets his rhythm, hitting a couple of starting receivers to cap a 96-yard scoring drive.

They just showed Dallas's cheerleaders. I will take a small break now as I pursue the Vaseline and a nutrag.

Rice and Smith both left this game early, as well.

Hearing reports that Watkins the rookie first-round receiver from Clempson left early for Buffalo as well but not watching that one. I know Ben threw a long TD pass in that one.

Jimmy Wilson a deplorable effort for the Fins. Mike Evans with a real nice catch and then just bounced off Wilson, however it seems as though he fumbled before he crossed into the end zone. He was single-covered (FS) as the Fins were blitzing. Two bad plays at once there; they'll review the call on the field (touchdown) but i think it will get overturned.

I will give credit to Grimes for the Fins, who came all the way across the field to strip Evans at the 2 and the ball rolled out of the endzone for a touchback

seems as though everyone at CTG has a life. I'm just talking to myself, but these notes I will look at tomorrow when I watch some of the first quarters/halves of other games this week.

The defensive penalties are beyond a joke. Defensive holding against Ellerbe despite the sack getting to Glennon on a stunt about 2 seconds after the ball was snapped. He never had a chance and I'm guessing he never even saw that receiver.

Watching halftime highlights on the Niffel channel. Bengals/Jets mixing it up with a skirmish. Dalton with a perfect passer rating. Geno threw a bad pick.

Watkins injury for Bills is a rib.

Hi Dwight.

Hakeem Nicks wearing No. 14 and taunted a DB after a nice catch, lmao.

Clowney destroying the left side of the Atlanta line.

Cardinals looking good again. Dwyer with an easy touchdown run. Have to see how much work he'll get behind the starting RB there.

i see the Colts kicker banged in a 53 yarder. i am quite sure he's older than me; wonder if he was on Tecmo Super Bowl or not.

Fins driving behind Matt Moore, who might well be the best Miami QB

Dallas kickoff coverage has been awful. One run back for 6 and two others out to the 40 yard line or so. That's what happens when you don't have any depth because you overspend for skill players.

touche...just figured he was in a competition since he was still playing in the 2H

I was just asking pal, I thought I had heard that a week or so ago.

That is quite odd that he's playing in the 2H though, that's for sure.

I was just asking pal, I thought I had heard that a week or so ago.

That is quite odd that he's playing in the 2H though, that's for sure.

If you heard it somewhere, you're probably right. I follow college so closely that I very rarely read about the NFL. I honestly had no idea about their QB situation other than Yates is in Atlanta and Schaub is in Oakland. I figured they signed someone else besides Fitz to legitimately compete for a starter spot. Fitz isn't bad but he's certainly not ideal with the WR crew they have

Back