catfood

Flying Frenchman
Florida vs Carolina
New Jersey vs Philadelphia
Islanders vs Rangers
Boston vs Ottawa
Nashville vs Chicago
Phoenix vs Dallas

Lines arent out yet, but I think Chicago will be worth a look. Nashville might ease up on the pedal now that theyre in the playoffs.

I was thinking the same thing.
Which team between Nsh. & Cal. wants 8th. place.
I would think playing Det. in the 1st. round is a better option than playing SJ.

I agree Rider green. I just cant imagine Nashville going all out for this game. Only worry is Nashville's goalie Mason who may want to show something but still a good bet IMO.

Boston might be worth a shot here tonight...no alfie, no fisher and boston still battling to secure that spot =)

Debating whether to pull the trigger on New Jersey. Yes, the Flyers need the game more, but the Devils can clinch home ice in their first series with a victory, and considering they'll likely meet the Rangers in the first round, I can see Jersey giving a spirited effort in this one. The +140 might be too much to pass up. Brodeur starting tonight, and possibly Sunday, but I can see them playing Weekes against the Rangers if they get the win against the Flyers.

i like that NJ play actually..so far i have two plays boston and the devils!

NJY cannot secure home ice tonight if the Rangers win.

NJY have 97 pts
NYR have 95 pts

They play each other in the final game of the season which means even if NJY win tonight, if the Rangers win then they move to 99/97 pts respectively. If the Rangers then go onto win the final game of the season between the 2, they both finish with 99 pts, and the Rangers by virtue of winning the season series get 4th place.

NJY could easily be totally uninterested in winning this game considering they have to be thinking the Islanders, on recent form, simply arent up to denying the Rangers. Why put in a huge effort to win this game against Philly when it means nothing? I have to say I'm shocked Philly's odds are so low considering the dominance Jersey has had over them this season, but this is a the reason why. I'm also suprised Brodeur is going, but I supposed that's more to do with "the integrity" of the game considering the tight race for the last playoff spots, and not wanting criticism for "giving away" points by playing a backup.

The tie breaker goes to the team who has the most wins period, not the team who has most wins against the other BC. If NJ wins, NJ gets 4th place.

Carolina has ten minutes to save their season. Down 4-3 midway through the 3rd, Flyers have a comfy lead, red hot Washington has one game left tomorrow. It's now or never.

Back