Friday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30 Fri 2023

Last edited:
Rays and Yanks ML parlay??

Do you really trust Sevi? I think cards can hit him. I been kinda doing same thing with Liberatore as waino, yanks Ff ov 2.5 or full gm tt over works I think. Don’t see any point involving myself with the cards vs sevi side, gun to head I think cards put up some runs, he throws way more fastballs than sliders or other off speed, I don’t think velo a issue. I guess his last start vs Texas gives me a little uncertainty, other than that dude ain’t been good. Far worse lineups than cards have knocked Sevi around, dude has a 7% swinging strike rate and it consistently that low every game! He used to double that, not same guy and not a bad matchup for them.

On the other hand yanks offense ain’t exactly exciting but Liberatore and waino are matchup proof in a bad way! Everyone in the bigs can hit these guys!!! Seems like some the yanks are getting it going, I don’t think for a minute Liberatore be the guy to slow them back down!! Yanks to score runs all ya need!!

Whoever you ppl are on Twitter who been trashing waino so bad he apparently stopped tweeting you should be ashamed of yourselves! I’m not a Twitter person or I would have defended him there against these no life having trolls. The guy is 43 and gave his all to this team for how many years?!?! You mad at him for taking the 10-12 mil the stupid ass GM gave him cause he had no plan for all the great pitching he has traded away for a bunch of crappy players?

If Mo came and offered me 5-10 mil to finish out the year I would go out there and suck so hard!! Then I would laugh at any you clowns on Twitter trashing a guy who makes more in one year than you, your children, their children will ever earn in a lifetime!!! Instead of being jerks to the poor guy as If it his fault the cardinals are bad why don’t you get a clue and make some money while it last!!! It’s pretty rare to get such lines on such predictable results but that what happening and you mad bout it??? The opponent Ff over has cashed in all but 1 his starts!! The full game team total has cashed in 8 of 11 or something.

You think he not trying? The guy would love to be getting better results, i have no doubt he working harder at this than any you losers work at your shitty jobs! He making the best pitches he can but they not good enough to get out big league hitters! Eventually they gonna stop running him out there and you idiots are gonna be happy? It be such a sad day as it will be the end of a wonderful gravy train I been on the entire season!! And guess what, after you idiots celebrate his career being over the cardinals will continue sucking so you have to spew nastiness to someone else on Twitter cause it so important to you whether a team of random dudes who don’t give 2 shits about you succeeds or not. Try worrying bout important shit, or at least be smart and take advantage of the situation!!

Damn, they have Steele k’s at 3.5? Guardians don’t strike out a lot but that a crazy good number to play him. I’m sitting in hospital for next 4-5 hours at least so there little chance I can play him so don’t mind posting it before I go! Lol. I think I’d grab that if I was you guys! Feel like bad things happen to me with the earliest games but shoot, that just a must at that number imo, guy w a 12ish % swinging strike who I would expect will cruise thru 6+ innings vs cle and only needs 4?? Gotta do it

Hope everyone is doing well and appreciate the well wishes and concern while I was gone. Yesterday was the 1st day I’ve bet since i stopped posting so I wasn’t holding out, lol. I don’t wanna get super far into it but the wife has medical problems that not great, she in surgery now so will probably know more later. I know ya’ll care so don’t take this wrong when I say I rather not have everyone tell me they do! Lol. Already getting that from ppl at home and honestly now that I’ve moped a bit I wanna just be able to take my mind off it some while I’m here! I def won’t be posting as much but I’ll post plays and some thoughts most days, if I don’t for a day or 2 don’t freak out! We be ok! Lol.

Damn, they have Steele k’s at 3.5? Guardians don’t strike out a lot but that a crazy good number to play him. I’m sitting in hospital for next 4-5 hours at least so there little chance I can play him so don’t mind posting it before I go! Lol. I think I’d grab that if I was you guys! Feel like bad things happen to me with the earliest games but shoot, that just a must at that number imo, guy w a 12ish % swinging strike who I would expect will cruise thru 6+ innings vs cle and only needs 4?? Gotta do it
Cubs ML got absolutely blasted in the last 20 minutes. From -160 to -205

Quantril been shut down for awhile hasn’t he? He pitch any rehab starts? Maybe there some kinda word out on arm problem? That is a crazy move.

I was considering taking at -160 just for some action on the drive to Ohio (dry family reunion - don’t get me started) but may take the over 8.5 instead now

I love that steele k prop. I can’t remember if you play the props?

I take some from time to time. I’ll tail it

Fair warning. I can’t play it. I absolutely would if I could make it across river in time but I can’t. Only concern is me and the early game but at least it isn’t the 11-12 start.

I have been all bout the rangers but they getting a whole bunch of respect tonight!! I think Stros starting to get over the Alverez loss and other guys starting to step up on the offense, as they should. I worried bout their depth early in the year but it has gotten better. Blanco is a bit a wild card and I always liked Gray but there no denying who has the edge when the starters leave. So for the last 3 innings (at least imo, Stros could get gray count up before he goes 6 innings) Stros have a clear edge and I can get +150 on them?? That nuts isn’t it? Rangers went from undervalued to over valued in a blink the eye!! I honestly thought the open was steep and they been pushed up another 20 cents.

On it. On my way to Wrigley Ville right now. Will report back on any wind developments, it was expected to be minimal today

Is @Wiretowire on Vacay? Don’t see a thread and havnt been around so don’t know, I assume he at cabin or something?

What the hell, we both been off dealing with shit? He a huge asset to the mlb forum.

Do you really trust Sevi? I think cards can hit him. I been kinda doing same thing with Liberatore as waino, yanks Ff ov 2.5 or full gm tt over works I think. Don’t see any point involving myself with the cards vs sevi side, gun to head I think cards put up some runs, he throws way more fastballs than sliders or other off speed, I don’t think velo a issue. I guess his last start vs Texas gives me a little uncertainty, other than that dude ain’t been good. Far worse lineups than cards have knocked Sevi around, dude has a 7% swinging strike rate and it consistently that low every game! He used to double that, not same guy and not a bad matchup for them.

On the other hand yanks offense ain’t exactly exciting but Liberatore and waino are matchup proof in a bad way! Everyone in the bigs can hit these guys!!! Seems like some the yanks are getting it going, I don’t think for a minute Liberatore be the guy to slow them back down!! Yanks to score runs all ya need!!
Of course I was on Texas when Sevi decided to act like he's in a Cy Young debate. Awful.

Also nothing fired me up more than the Cards yanking Liberatore in the 3rd inning when I had Cubs 1st 5. At least also had Cuts ff tt so at least he gave that up in the first inning.

Of course I was on Texas when Sevi decided to act like he's in a Cy Young debate. Awful.

I probably woulda been right there w ya. Tough to imagine him shutting that kineuo down after all the others that have knocked him around. It that super low swinging strike rate that makes me incredibly skeptical of that one. Getting half the swinging strikes he used to generate is a pretty good indicator something ain’t the same!

Paxton/berrios a interesting one. Could be a fantastic pitchers duel or someone could get shelled!!

You would think jays lineup be very tough on lhp but that hasn’t been the case at all this year, the offense been disappointing all around but when ya look at the lineup you would just think lhp gonna struggle. No secret I like paxton, always have, the minute I saw he looked healthy I been playing him a bunch w success. Then he goes and leaves his last start early! The fact it was his knee and not arm is definitely good, the fact they never expected him to miss a start good sign, o assume he threw a pen session and had no problems planting.

Berrios has been much better to me this year than a few the previous seasons. After a few bad starts to begin season he been a model of consistent production putting up one quality start after another, the problem? He has not been great vs Red Sox, faced them earlier this year while in middle a very good stretch of pitching and got tagged for 11 hits in 5.1 innings! In his career he 1-5 with a respectable 4.15 era. Last season he was actually really good vs them, in 3 starts he went at least 6 in them all, only gave up 5 runs total in 19 innings w a 16:3 k:bb rate. So he has proven he can get it done vs this team.

Even tho there some potential on both sides to give up a big crooked number I still think the total a bit high at 9, more specifically the 1st 5 total of 5 what interest me. 2 guys who are capable of pitching a gem every time out. A jays offense that has drastically underachieved all year, a Boston lineup that has only managed to score 11 stinking runs in the last 7 games! Wow, I just noticed how awful Sox have been, lol. All a sudden 5 looks like a pretty big number for 5 innings! The Sox havnt scored 5 runs total the last 4 games!!

Good call on Steele Ks. Beautiful day for a game at the friendly confines. Got under 8.5 to finish off
You're a Reds fan correct? Another early home game today and think I'm done with Padres games for a while

Marlins pitcher Hoeing has a k prop number of 2.5?!? -160 to over. I really know nothing bout him other than he looks like a pen guy not a starter, at 1st glance even if he isn’t good that seems redic low vs a high k team and he owning around a 10% swinging strike rate this season, not good for a pen guy but it has held up in his 2 starts so that decent. The problem is when you look back the last few years at his history in minors. When he moved up to triple a last season his k’s per 9 plummeted while his walks spiked way up, not good. The good news it seems there been some improvement, when he was in triple a this year his k per 9 was the highest he has had at any level.

He has started 4 Mlb games this season. He started 2 right out the gates, these Braves shelled him start 1 (a to be expected kind of thing), then he went 5 innings w 2 runs and 4 k’s vs the cubs. He wasn’t called on to start again till just recently, he went 4 scoreless innings vs the jays and struck out 5 (any wonder I like the Sox/jays under? Lol), followed that up with 5 scoreless against the struggling pirates, only 2 k’s but pirates are not a high k team and they go out of their way to stack lineup with hitters from the opposite side plate as your pitcher, the fact he went 5 scoreless I think as important as lack of k’s. IF he can last 4+ vs Braves I’d think 3k’s almost a given. Making it 4+ innings vs Braves means you probably faced majority the lineup 2x, you can accidentally strike out 4!! Of course there a chance Braves blast him and he gone after 2-3 innings. Not sure bout this one, lol

You're a Reds fan correct? Another early home game today and think I'm done with Padres games for a while
Yea, could only have over today. Might take reds to win series as they have won a bunch in a row except for ATL

Reds series +130….you get Abbott on Sunday.

I can’t believe cards are favs!! Let’s assume somehow sevi gets hit harder than Liberatore tonight and cards win, you still be in good shape cause Cole goes Saturday and he hasn’t lost a start after a yanks loss all year!! Basically just chalk up Cole for a W which leaves you plus money on yanks to split Friday/Sunday!!

Doesn’t look like the problem Quantrill was having before is any better. Word musta got out with the line going nuts the way it did! Someone knew for cubs to be laying 2-1 no matter how much I love steele that excessive.

Welcome back, bank. Hopefully your wife has a speedy recovery. GL.

Stage 3 cervix cancer bro, let’s just hope it contained there and she does recover. They think it is, they still have one more test, if it anywhere above waist Dr said it was pretty much a done deal, incurable was the word: he said he didn’t see it anywhere else tho so let’s just hope he right.

Stage 3 cervix cancer bro, let’s just hope it contained there and she does recover. They think it is, they still have one more test, if it anywhere above waist Dr said it was pretty much a done deal, incurable was the word: he said he didn’t see it anywhere else tho so let’s just hope he right.

Prayers. I hope it all turns out well for her.

Out gang assemble!

I didn’t really cap all the pitchers today like I normally do, I was freaking exhausted, didn’t have my notebook, we had to move to different hospital for her to get the stuff done today, really I just skimmed over and saw that at fairly cheap and thought I was losing my mind. He has went 6 or more in 11 of 16, has not had b2b less than 6 all year and last time out was his worst start of season, seattle offense ain’t scaring me. I sure woulda thought we woulda had to pay -180 at least for this, dunno what I’m missing? Hopefully it them not me!

i can’t believe wkat going on in stl at the moment, I was sitting across the river and it was raining a tad, I check the radar to make sure game won’t be effected, all I see a tiny little nothing speck on radar so figure all good it be done in a few minutes. 45 minutes later it still storming and that tiny speck is now a little blob just sitting over the city!! Mfer

i can’t believe wkat going on in stl at the moment, I was sitting across the river and it was raining a tad, I check the radar to make sure game won’t be effected, all I see a tiny little nothing speck on radar so figure all good it be done in a few minutes. 45 minutes later it still storming and that tiny speck is now a little blob just sitting over the city!! Mfer

Will they play tonight?

Will they play tonight?

I thought they would!! Pussy bitches. It ain’t rained in last 3 hours!! Maybe their power out like mine. Our block had few trees get hit, generator got hit, went over to friend of mine bout 4-5 miles away and they had power but no internet, and they had hella hail damage, we got few pieces of the golf ball hail but it was over fast. I wanna go looting but I need my Mexican friends to man up, nobody gonna believe a white dude saying we taking over the property!!

i went back across river to bet Astros live and Dk gave me a profit boost to bet run/no run 1st inning in Seattle. Took the under half run for +110 w the boost, that paid for half the loss on McClanahan outs bet. I don’t know what going on w him? I let the kc game slide as a 1 off but now that 2 in a row!! Something ain’t right !! He should have handled this crew.

Back