Friday August 23rd MLB Discussion

Tough card. Not sure what Pax's #s look like in this spot but if he's capable of pitching well I think the Dodger's can be got. They haven't hit last couple of nights and seem to be fading vs. Lefties as expected.

On the other side Ryu can be filthy but this lineup is hard to get through with all the R handed power.

Sanchez with Baker
1566573248960.png
Lester no app w/Baker

1566573413171.png
Baker 10-12 o/u, 1.24 whip (18th lowest of 89) in 2019.

1566573605273.png
1566573676019.png

Nats 7-10 SU vs. LH on road, hitting .266 and scoring 4.6 r/9. In those games Nats are 7-8-2 o/u.

Last edited:
Ryu has allowed 2 ER or fewer in EVERY home start this season

At home this season (11 starts)

W-L ... 9-0
ERA ... 0.81 (7 ER/77.2 IP)
BB/K ... 10.74
BAA ... (.189)
HR ... 3

The Dodgers' record for lowest home ERA in a season is 0.85 (Sandy Koufax 1964)

Yankees are 5-10 as an away underdog this season, and are 9-20 in the role since the beginning of last season (ROI: -28.5%)

Dodgers are 51-16 at home this season, the clear No. 1 team in return per $100 bet at +$2,375

Dodgers are 24-5 in their last 29 home games vs. a team with a winning road record

Dodgers are 19-2 in Ryu's home starts since the start of last season

Check out Arizona on the road versus winning teams this season. And Arizona on the road after a day off the last couple seasons..

Check out Arizona on the road versus winning teams this season. And Arizona on the road after a day off the last couple seasons..

Snakes 17-10 on the year vs winning teams on the road but won 10 of first 11 and are 7-9 since then KillerSports.com

Also they have excellent record after off-day but if you compare before/after the break it looks like 2 different teams
Before 20-5 / After 4-8 :shocked:

View attachment 42291

Ryu has allowed 2 ER or fewer in EVERY home start this season

At home this season (11 starts)

W-L ... 9-0
ERA ... 0.81 (7 ER/77.2 IP)
BB/K ... 10.74
BAA ... (.189)
HR ... 3

The Dodgers' record for lowest home ERA in a season is 0.85 (Sandy Koufax 1964)

Hope you jinx RYu by posting this,
Semi chase on Yanks TT over here.

I think Dodgers win but these numbers do not reflect being on 5 days rest. Big drop. More than a little worried about the game tonight. August has been a terrible month for Houston for a long time. Houston has had very little rest for a long time and only has 4 left for the year. I trust Greinke on 4 days his best but he has been hit hard by the Angels with 4 players still on the team. Angels just had a day off and this Jose is better than the numbers reflect. 23 innings on 6+ 4.7 ERA and no one on the Astros has hit him. When the Astros get out of this month I will feel much better

deGrom w/Hudson
1566594391735.png
Folty w/Hudson
1566594524154.png
1566594582602.png
Hudson 16-8 over, 1.53 whip (3rd highest of 89) in 2019.

1566594778936.png
Folty at Citi
1566594869558.png

Opposing teams 15-5 coming from 1+ days off and playing the Red Sox this season. Average payout was 137 with a total profit of +$1,470. That's the most profitable team (by a lot) to fade in that spot this season.

Interesting was skipping but now will look.
Play Dodgers 1.35 ERA with ump
13 innings no runs with catcher

the dude's spreadsheet from breakdown sheets lists NYY closer to a pick'em in this game. In his sabermetric breakdown/power rankings/YTD/ROS/L30 days all taken into account.. Says it should be lined Yankees -102

I did not grab the Dogers. When i got a strong ump that had good history with the pitcher and a very good catcher I bet a strong home team

Ryu didn't exactly show "killer instinct" with Paxton in the batters box right there. Didi could've made them look real stupid if he'd gotten home on that wild pitch, too. That would've been CRUCIAL to see. Would've quieted that crowd for sure

When I looked at Ryu maybe I missed something. Reduced ability still left him much better than Paxton but his normal methods of fighting might not be available. still seems strange. Its not that strange. Its something he had experienced 58.1 innings this year. Why fall apart at home?

Maybe the Dodgers will have an idea but I would never do anything different on this game. The Dodgers clearly deserve respect

Spek, I don't get it..? How are you interpreting that from the price on LAD

Best team in baseball with the cy young on the mound, 70+ % of tickets, vs an awful road pitcher with bad splits. RYU hasn’t let up 2 runs at home in a year and he hovers around -140?

I didn’t play it but this game was a coin flip based on the line.

Plus the real angle is that this Dodgers team over performed vs lefties to date. They aren’t built to beat lefties and have been struggling vs them recently.

I also thought Twins RL was safe we could be seeing where that line ended up. I suppose the opening line is more accurate.

I am not certain but looking at the ref tomorrow I Think Miley will be back to normal tomorrow Miley did not win a lot with him but he played well and for the last few years that ump was fine with chalk teams

I didn’t play it but this game was a coin flip based on the line.
I played it. After you gave the heads up I checked out what the real line should be. And, just like you said, once I saw that they'd sold the majority of tickets at that inflated price on a game that should have been a pick'em, I knew what side the book was on. Nice heads up - thanks for pointing it out.
Says it should be lined Yankees -102

Adding Cards RL
This pitcher is 8-3 at home and all 8 wins were by 2 or more on this rest he has a 3 ERA his best
RL in Astros
RL Cleveland and some 2.5
Not sure about WS

Back