Fondybadger's 2008 Bowl Thread

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
Season Record 321-293-23 -$4152

This thread will keep track of every wager throughout the Bowl Season. I will attempt to do a write-up on each play in thread posts below, pending the amount of time I have.

Bowl Record 20-12 +$930

January 5th, 2009
$500 Texas -10 -110
$500 Texas -8.5

January 8th, 2009
$500 Florida -3 +105

:tiphat:

Last edited:
$100 USC -10
Think this game may be a bit low scoring to be a double digit win, but will hit the under at some point I think as well. Penn State can really struggle getting points on the board and USC will take advantage of that at home.

Lean Va Tech +2.5
I think Cincy may be the better team this season, but Va Tech will have the experience and win SU.

$300 Utah +11 -110
Think they will keep things close, if not pull off the win. Do not feel Alabama is going to be that happy not in the national championship game after losing to Florida and think that they may already be in the offseason.

$500 Texas -10 -110
Ohio State is not the greatest team in the world. Think they will be part of the 0-7 Big 10 bowl run. Texas is going to pound the crap out of the freshmen QB and show up Oklahoma.

$500 Florida -3 +105
Pulled the trigger at the plus money. Line should move in my favor and I think Florida is the superior team. Oklahoma has not played too many strong defenses and Florida should be able to score against Oklahoma.

like 3 of 4

just checked BM, and UF was up to -3.5 pts. Wonder if it'll climb to 4...

Greek still has Florida at -3 -105, although Utah is down to +10.5 there. Va Tech is between 2-2.5 at the two books and Southern Cal is 10 or 10.5. The one thing I know is I am going to fade the shit out of Big 10 teams.

As for Florida I see it leveling off at 4.5 or so and would love to get it at + money there to buy back some of my wager as I think it will be a relatively close game between a 3-7 Florida win.

glad we see utah the same way at least fondy, haha. we're on different wavelengths with the big10, as i don't see how they can possibly be overrated when every person on the face of the earth thinks the conference sucks and can't wait to fade them. i'm not saying they are the best conference, or even in the top 3, but i think the perception is way off due to ohio state losing their ooc big game handedly and michigan sucking. think they will be some feisty dogs, as they had a much higher level of competition in conference from top to bottom than in the previous few years. the big bad sec isn't nearly as good as it was the last few years, and the big12 is full of good offenses and subpar defenses. imo, penn state isn't 10 points worse than anyone. what is their huge weakness that usc can exploit? they are a much better team than last year's illinois team that was dogged by usc by the same amount. i agree with your first thought that it is too low scoring to lay 10 points in. and i think osu loses, but a close one by 4-7 pts, as they have a motivation and the coaching edge. i don't believe in texas' defense like everyone seems to. i think your boys will be a good bet depending on the line...last several years they have played better teams very tough. iowa matches up pretty well in a low scoring game imo...very similar teams. msu i'm not so sure about, i'll prob fade them depending on the number but both teams should be able to run and score pts. minny i will likely fade the shit out of. just how i see em...they will probably have a bad record su, but i doubt they will ats

I was all over TCU until the line just moved to 3.5 my thoughts are that the TCU defense will put BS offense in check being just as fast.I also dont see TCU running it up. This opened at a pk am I missing something? I'm on Boise on GP that the line moved 3.5 pts. GL

$300 Utah +11 -110
Think they will keep things close, if not pull off the win. Do not feel Alabama is going to be that happy not in the national championship game after losing to Florida and think that they may already be in the offseason.

After winning coach of the year (Saban), I dont think he will be inclined to let Utah win this... As I said earlier in my bowl thread, I feel that Utah wouldnt be playing Bama if Utah had one loss this season. Too bad for Utah here.

Good health on this one - and may the best team cover. :shake:

I feel like a woman that keeps on going back for more after her husband cheats on her with your Badgers. I bet on them, they suck serious ass..... and then some time passes, and I think they're gonna be OK again.....and then they come out and completely shit the bed.....and then I welcome them back into my arms for their game against a team that actually gives a shit about being in a bowl.

I'm the idiot, really. Not Bret Bielema. It's me who needs to just let go.

wish I would have seen you on fla state - for some reason I tailed with wisky - goddamn they are terrible

Wisky needs a new O.C.

Losing WV was brutal, but I will take the 2-1 day yesterday.

Dec. 28, 2008
$100 Louisiana Tech -2

Dec. 31st, 2008
$400 Oregon State -1
$300 Kansas -7 -115 (bought half point)
$200 Boston College -3 -120 (bought hook)
$200 LSU +4 & $100 LSU ML +160
$150 Houston -4

January 1st, 2009
$400 South Carolina +4.5
$300 Georgia -7 -115 (bought half point)
$150 Nebraska ML +110

$100 Va Tech +3 -120 (bought hook)
$100 USC -9 -105

Dec. 31st, 2008
$400 Oregon State -1
$150 Houston -4

January 1st, 2009
$400 South Carolina +4.5
$150 Nebraska ML +110
$100 USC -9 -105

Nice work on NYE Fondy.......5-1 very sexy.

GL today, looks like me and you v. the world w/ South Carolina.:cheers:

Against you On SC, Good luck on the rest my friend. BTW, where the hell are you? Come into the in-game sometime. The bowl ones have been a blast lately. The guys are behaving well. :)

Dec. 31st, 2008
$400 Oregon State -1
$150 Houston -4

January 1st, 2009
$400 South Carolina +4.5
$150 Nebraska ML +110

$100 USC -9 -105

9-2 on these and with my original USC bet I went 10-2 over last two days with almost 1300 in profit

Feel like ohio state will win this, just dont think Texas will get up for this game and ohio state doesnt want to get embarassed again. Atleast thats what im going with:smiley_acbe:

Back