Florida State 2014: Mission Impossible 2---They Canceled The Sequal

For all due respect to my FSU fans, I don't think that is ever called (I think it should be called more than it is).

You're right, it isn't called nearly as much as it should be...but most times the WR sells it so much better and actually runs a pattern after making contact and slowing down/holding up the DB. In this case, the ND player did no such thing and looked as if he was run blocking...which led to the flag that had to be thrown there.

Agree with this 100%. Most people who talk definitively haven't closely looked at the play. Middle DB definitely engages first, grabs shoulder jersey and pull down...watch the replay again and you'll see it. Prosise keeps driving and this is why everyone thinks he is blocking but his route is to get 1 yard deep in the endzone and squat. If it were a pass to that WR (Prosise) it was DEFINITELY defensive holding...clear as day.

Fuller just did a jab step right then ran a standard slant left...Darby jumped the route, good coverage....yes there was contact but that happens every time a receiver makes a break and the DB jumps on it, that cannot possibly be interference.

As an aside...everyone keeps describing the play as if it were a screen...it wasn't. It was a standard high-low concept with a man in the flat. (Fuller back of EZ, Prosise front, Robinson in flat). Every one of the receivers is an option on the play...they are trying to get to their spot and get open and Golson makes his decision based on which person is open. They have no idea Robinson will be open so they wouldn't be blocking as if they knew...if the DB jumps Robinson, they are supposed to be open.

I just hope ND gets to play them again in a playoff because they will sodomize FSU in a playoff like Jameis Winston with a handful of roofies at the ADPi house.

For all due respect to my FSU fans, I don't think that is ever called (I think it should be called more than it is). I agree that FSU's blown coverage actually made the pick more obvious than what it is designed to be. First of all the middle defensive back is the one that engages the middle WR to jam him off the line, but watching it live looks to be a pick. The outside corner does jump on the slant, which forces contact with the WR. You can see FSU arguing with each other after the play because the corner has to have the play recognition that they could run the inside WR behind and he is responsible. That's the problem with lining 3 defensive backs close to the LOS covering the bunch formation.

The first TD was more of a penalty than this one.

The media and every other college fanbase has turned so much against him that I'm actually really rooting for Jimbo and Jameis. I'm not so sure they're not trolling at this point.

24 straight

on the road thurs night vs nation's #1 Defense (until Jameis & the frosh showed up), dropped nearly 600yds, 42pts in about 32mins & STILL WON BY DD after being down 21-0.

want some of this tea? I have enough to share. Hear that Alex?

The last time FSU lost:

- 18 days prior Obama spanked Mitt's tail
- the NHL announced a lockout
- Hector Camacho died
- Ricky Hatton gets his brakes beat by a Russian the next day & retires
- a bronze statue of Sir Alex Ferguson outside of Old Trafford was 1 day old
- Jr Ewing (Larry Hagman) had been dead 1 day
- Brad Keslowski wins NASCAR championship 6 days prior
- Rick Majerus retires from StL U 8 days prior
- Twinkie manufacturer Hostess brands announce bankruptcy
- call of duty Black Ops grosses $500m in 24hrs 9 days prior
- gangnam style becomes youtube's most viewed video ever
- "1 more night" by Maroon 5 was the #1 song
- Alex last got laid

Say what they want about him but watching Jameis on the field is a thing of beauty sometimes. He has an incredibly flat affect for the most part and that's a great thing for a QB to have

It's because there is nothing going on his brain to evoke emotion. I prefer the sourpuss face myself over the petrino motorcycle face.

Miami florida is the only obstacle unless fsu cant stop option football

If FSU and Alabama end up playing, might be the first time in years the nation pulls for Alabama

I think it is ok to have Alabama and Oregon ahead of Florida State, but the disrespect is getting absurd at this point. To have an undefeated major conference team behind a 3rd 1-loss team now and sitting at #4 overall is horrible.

FSU is 6-0 vs teams with a winning record of 7-5 or better (by 7.3 ppg). They are 2-0 vs 9 win teams.
TCU is 4-1 vs teams with winning records of 7-5 or better (by 12.25 ppg) and 1-1 vs teams with 9 or more wins.

We'll see if FSU beats 10 win GT this week there is simply no way that they should stay at #4 next week.

Last edited:
Call me old fashioned, but the undefeated power 5 team deserves the #1 ranking. I'm not sure they are the best team, but nobody has beaten them in a while, so can you say they definitely aren't? I'll take 15 wins by 1 point every season

Call me old fashioned, but the undefeated power 5 team deserves the #1 ranking. I'm not sure they are the best team, but nobody has beaten them in a while, so can you say they definitely aren't? I'll take 15 wins by 1 point every season
Respect!

Hope FSU gets in, but would rather meet for all the marbles. Either way it's a game I want to see

I don't even like Florida State, at all, but as a fan of football if the undefeated defending national champion is somehow left out of the playoff I would make it my mission in life to find and tea bag the entire committee.

Two things:

1.) if we were under the BCS regime there's no chance in hell Free Shoes isn't 1 or 2 right now. Period. End of discussion. There is no debate.

2.) would it be absurd to think there is some back room deal from Free Shoes to politic them into the 4 spot so they play "next door" instead of clear across the country? My point is - does it really matter who you play Bams or Oregon? Nawlins or FerreLA? If I were in Free Shoes position and I knew we weren't going to be #1 next week, but we're still gonna beat GT I'd rather be 4 and play next door all day long and twice on Sunday.

Back