Florida State 2014: Mission Impossible 2---They Canceled The Sequal

Silkydiamonds

Imma sip this tea
Florida State 2014

202 days, 6mos 21 days, 28 weeks 6days, 4,848 hours, 290,880 minutes, 17,452,800 seconds since THIS!!

View attachment 36488
[video=youtube_share;EcTcFzjEppY]http://youtu.be/EcTcFzjEppY[/video]​

Gone now are the demons of the lost decade, the acrimony of the final days of Bobby, the “haha, look at FSU with all that talent, they’ll underachieve”. The snarky FSU haters probably still hate, but now they must hate both harder and more quietly. Hardware has a way of shutting people up. Well for a year at least. You absolutely know that there are people wishing with everything in them that Florida State comes up short. And perhaps they do, but this team is loaded and may cause some that root for their demise, an extremely uncomfortable 6mos.

Last edited:
First off, hats off to and congratulations to Jimbo Fisher, in a position to become 1st person to win 2 Nat Titles in his 1st 5yrs as a HC since Barry Switzer in 74/75!!! Before that you have to get into names like Dutch Meyer, Frank Leahy & old Ivy League coaches from the oughts. In other words, if Jimbo is able to pull it off this year, he’d be doing shit that only about 5 men in the history of the game have done. And folks unless disaster occurs Jimbo’s got a GREAT shot at joining those dudes. So to paraphrase 50 Cent on the “Hate it or Love it” hook:

Hate it or love it the underdog’s on top
And He gonna shine homie until his heart stop

Go head’ envy Fisher
He’s CFB’s reigning Ring winner
And He ain’t goin nowhere so you can get to know em

[video=youtube_share;BuMBmK5uksg]http://youtu.be/BuMBmK5uksg[/video]

I remember not liking the idea of the HC in waiting & pushing Bobby out thing. Hated it!! But I made my amends, even had a great preview thread of FSU 2010 I believe , titled something like “FSU, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Love Jimbo”. Coach has done a fantastic job and deserves to be recognized for it. Dude is 45-10, 81.8%, 4-0 in bowls & 5-1 vs SEC in 4yrs!!!

This is just part 1 of a multi part preview for the Florida State Seminole’s season. I’ll try my best to present as objective a case I can as a fan. I’ll start with a review of the previous season, then move to offseason moves, then to breaking down the offense & defense & finally moving into what I expect. This will probably take a couple weeks, as it is longform and Im posting as I write it in realtime. Hopefully you’ll learn something about the team you can use.

The team they beat in the Championship game is considerably better than they were a year ago ... but will lose about 4 games this time in the regular season .... just saying .... ACC schedule and then Auburn in the title game. I would say "Haters gonna Hate" but I think they were the best team last year. I just don't think they played much of anyone.

Look loaded again.

The FSU 2013 season started under much uncertainty. Who would be the starting QB to replace 1st Rd draft choice EJ Manuel? How do you replace a school record 11 NFL draft picks? How would the team perform after losing SIX assistant coaches in the offseason.

- Defensive Coordinator Mark Stoops who completely overhauled & resurrected the Seminole defense, turning it into 1 of the nation’s best, left to be HC for Kentucky.

- Bringing with him DE coach DJ Eliot to be Kentucky’s new DC

- Offensive Coordinator James Coley left to become the Miami Hurricanes’ OC (Though to be honest Jimbo called all the plays at FSU)

- QB Coach Dameyune Craig left to become Auburn's offensive co-coordinator and wide receivers coach. (We’ll talk more about him later ;) )

- Greg Hudson, LB coach left to become DC at Purdue

- RB coach Eddie Gran left to become OC at Cincinnati

That’s the Top D coach, 2 of his top lieutenants and The OC & 2 of his top lieutenants! Name me another place outside of Tuscaloosa where that doesn’t spell disaster? I’ll wait. To add insult to injury, that group included 4 of FSU’s BEST recruiters, in the middle of recruiting season!!! The sign of a robust program is its ability to adjust & carry on. That’s what FSU did. After losing those coaches, all of whom went on to some sort of promotion at some top flight schools, FSU did what they do when players leave. They reloaded.

First they brought in DC Jeremy Pruitt from Nick Saban’s Alabama team. Pruitt had a grand total of TWO YEARS of college position coaching experience (DBs) before becoming the DC at 1 of CFB’s top programs. That’s equivalent to a local account rep spending 2yrs repping at a pretty top flight unit then becoming the head of national accounts for 1 of the nation’s top corps. He’d better be good & the guy who hired him better have a keen eye for talent. Lucky the answer for both was a resounding yup!

Along with Pruitt came another from Saban’s fertile factory of assistants, Sal Sunseri. Sunseri was LBs coach for Saban from 2009-2011, and then Tenny’s DC for 2012. If the Noles were gonna run the Saban 3-4 multi look D, they needed a veteran Saban coach to get those guys right. Susneri would be in charge of the DEs. Most notably all world Mario Edwards Jr.

Charles Kelly came over from GT, to become the new LBs coach. Charles Kelly helped resuce GT’s defense from being bludgeoned under DC Al Groh (fired after 6 gms) In the 6gms Groh coached the GT defense, they gave up 50% of the total yards they would give up ALL season in 2 fewer games than Kelly would lead the unit (8gms). Again Jimbo was able to spot talent, a recurring theme.

On the Offensive side, Jimbo brought in Randy Sanders to be QB coach, who had been the OC at Kentucky. Sanders spent 22 seasons in Tenny program as player/coach (84-05). Meaning Sanders (who was 1 of Cutcliffe’s top assistants at UT) was a key offensive coach during the Manning yrs, the Nat Title yr, and the last years of Tennessee relevance. The last 7 as OC/QBs coach. His 1st game as Tenny OC was the 1999 Fiesta bowl vs FSU, where Tenny defeated FSU for the Natty! 1 of his biggest accomplishments to me was turning Andre Woodson into a draft pick from doodoo. Again great pedigree.

Tim Brewster, former Minnesota Golden Gopher HC came aboard to coach TEs, but more importantly to be the recruiting ace. Brewster recruits on a level very few do, the guy pulls in studs. The kids love him for his energy & enthusiasm plus his NFL experience. He was the TE coach that helped develop Antonio Gates, and is now making Nick O’Leary into a possible day 1 pick. But make no mistake Brewster earns his dough, bringing in the big fish & cultivating the future big fish to live/breathe FSU football.

And finally Jay Graham, another former Vol from the Tenny golden years. And again another great recuiter. Graham spent 3yrs coaching RBs for SoCar 2009-2011 (The Marcus Latimore years) & 1 yr at his alma mater Tenny coaching RBs before coming over to FSU. Again a super recruiter with great ties in SEC country.

FSU lost quite a bit in the coaching area prior to the 2013 season and at arguably the worst possible time. But they reloaded with a much more pedigreed staff, ace recruiters able to go into SEC country & WIN recruits, and men that understand how to turn boys to men. A VERY important part of any blue chip CFB program is having men teach boys to become men beyond football. Understanding that mistakes of being a young man, & teaching those young men how to become men. Its great for recruiting because parents in the end mainly want to know their son is taken care of and can become a productive man they can be proud of.

Bigger than that, inside, these young men all have the NFL dream & failure fear. The difference between them being 3rd page in the metro section of some bumfuck country town where they’re from for stealing car stereos & providing a living for their families, is learning how to become productive men in society. Some schools care very little about that, some care even less, at some point parents & kids alike want to know if they don’t make the NFL will they be ok. Having the right men spread that philosophy is important. You may not get all the 5*s you want but you build a reputation that sticks with coaches, parents, & families for years to come. Ask parents how they feel about Lane Kiffin…………

Staying on top is harder than getting there. On paper, you could go ahead and pencil FSU in to the playoff. Same thing was said about Alabama in 2010 too...

Player losses heading into the 2013 season were HUGE. You’re talking about losing:

- a SR 1st rd draft choice QB (EJ Manuel SR)
- a 1st rd Starting DE (Bjoern Werner JR)
- a 1st rd Starting CB (Xavier Rhoades RsJr)
- a 2nd rd Starting DE (Tank Carradine SR)
- a 2nd rd Starting RT (Menelik Watson JR)
- Starting RB in the 5th (Chris Thompson SR)
- 2011 & 2010’s sack leader with 21.5 combined in 2yrs in the 5th (Brandon Jenkins SR)
- The NCAA’s all-time leading scorer at Kicker in the 6th (Dustin Hopkins SR)
- Starting SAM backer in the 6th (Nick Moody SR)
- Starting MLB in the 6th (Vince Williams SR)
- Starting DT in the 7th (Everett Dawkins SR)

That’s a shitload of losses to your starting lineup and a ton of experience up & gone to the NFL. Cool factoid, EVERY starter on the 2012 FSU defense is on an NFL squad. Brandon Jenkins (recently cut by Washington) got hurt early in 2012 & Tank Carradine moved to a starter’s role.

So there was quite a bit of uncertainty heading into 2013 from both a personnel side & coaching. I mean everyone knew the people filling in were highly touted athletes & well respected coaches. But they had never been thrust into the gumbo together before. Everyone thinks they can make good gumbo, but anyone from Louisiana will tell you to make GREAT gumbo, it aint as simple as you think. You gotta have the right ingredients and add them at the right proportions, and finally you gotta have the person cooking it know what temperature to prepare it, how long to let it simmer and finally to know when its “Ready”.

The coaches came in & hit the ground running! They brought in a top 10 recruiting class starting about half a year later than the rest of teams. That class included Starters, Jalen Ramsey & Nate Andrews, BCS bowl star Kermit Whitfield and a ton of contributors.

Bear with me, I'm writing this in spurts

Player losses heading into the 2013 season were HUGE. You’re talking about losing:

- 2011 & 2010’s sack leader with 21.5 combined in 2yrs in the 5th (Brandon Jenkins SR)

That’s a shitload of losses to your starting lineup and a ton of experience up & gone to the NFL. Cool factoid, EVERY starter on the 2012 FSU defense is on an NFL squad. Brandon Jenkins (recently cut by Washington) got hurt early in 2012 & Tank Carradine moved to a starter’s role.

So there was quite a bit of uncertainty heading into 2013 from both a personnel side & coaching. I mean everyone knew the people filling in were highly touted athletes & well respected coaches. But they had never been thrust into the gumbo together before. Everyone thinks they can make good gumbo, but anyone from Louisiana will tell you to make GREAT gumbo, it aint as simple as you think. You gotta have the right ingredients and add them at the right proportions, and finally you gotta have the person cooking it know what temperature to prepare it, how long to let it simmer and finally to know when its “Ready”.

The coaches came in & hit the ground running! They brought in a top 10 recruiting class starting about half a year later than the rest of teams. That class included Starters, Jalen Ramsey & Nate Andrews, BCS bowl star Kermit Whitfield and a ton of contributors.

agree wit players lost comin into last season. they returned 11 total starters, in my power rankings I had them tied for 14th overall when week 1 lines came out. my number WAS decent I thought, had no real advantage numbers wise in pitt match up. I made fsu -10 at pitt, BM opened -9.5. as tha season went on I saw how wrong I was about fsu an famous jameis. from week 1 pr number to final season number fsu moved up 20.5 points, crazy shit how much I had to adjust them as tha season went on. they will be favored in every game this year, and shouldn't have a problem to make it into tha final 4. they do have a great shot to get back to back

They do have tha talent and schedule to get to back to back.

A year ago, yes, but now they have to win two games to win the championship instead of one . Their crappy schedule only gets them to the playoff. Then they have to win two tough games.

I say no

Silky was at full wood while putting those posts together BTW.

i was in full engorged glory!!!

They do have tha talent and schedule to get to back to back.

SEC team in the ACC

there he is..........

Honestly your tweet spurred me. Thanks for the work :( lol

i promised you 1 last year & didn't. This is my recompense

"Mission Impossible" seems like a slight exaggeration given the schedule...

this sched is tougher than 2013 though, and 1yr undefeated is hard enough, 2yrs plus a playoff is bananas. But point definitely valid.

Monster offensive line, whole bunch seniors who are big and have good skill. My favorite thing about that team.

You must have read my notes :D

We've had the anomaly , now time for 7 more yrs of SEC champs

Just kidding
GL

As always thanks bro, sidenote the state of Texas will win a natty in the next 3yrs

Hopefully a bomb gets dropped over Tallahassee, of course, I hope no one gets hurt.

you still my man though. I like ya spunk *pause* ya fire

The team they beat in the Championship game is considerably better than they were a year ago ... but will lose about 4 games this time in the regular season .... just saying .... ACC schedule and then Auburn in the title game. I would say "Haters gonna Hate" but I think they were the best team last year. I just don't think they played much of anyone.

Look loaded again.

astute as always, would love to get some VK stuff on the board preseason, as you know how to ignite discussion

Staying on top is harder than getting there. On paper, you could go ahead and pencil FSU in to the playoff. Same thing was said about Alabama in 2010 too...

Thats ta why it's mission impossible 2. We want YOU Balboa! Lol

thanks for showing up bro

agree wit players lost comin into last season. they returned 11 total starters, in my power rankings I had them tied for 14th overall when week 1 lines came out. my number WAS decent I thought, had no real advantage numbers wise in pitt match up. I made fsu -10 at pitt, BM opened -9.5. as tha season went on I saw how wrong I was about fsu an famous jameis. from week 1 pr number to final season number fsu moved up 20.5 points, crazy shit how much I had to adjust them as tha season went on. they will be favored in every game this year, and shouldn't have a problem to make it into tha final 4. they do have a great shot to get back to back

2013 was a HUGE undertaking & surprise to everybody. The only chance with that schedule was blowing everybody out & some good fortune.

A year ago, yes, but now they have to win two games to win the championship instead of one . Their crappy schedule only gets them to the playoff. Then they have to win two tough games.

I say no

maybe not, we shall see

This team blows. That is all

Teach Muschamp how to DM!! Lol our gator/Nole ish is awesome! Love it, nothing else really matters. It's beat UF #1 and I know it's the same over there. But can't wait till boom is coaching our LBs next yr lol

Back to how it used to be . I remember sitting in the rain, @ 40 degrees, during the '92 Cotton Bowl watching the defensive battle that ensued. If Quentin Coryatt had not tackled Weldon in the EZ, the Ags would have ended with a goose egg.
I was praying Buckley would fumble a punt or break a leg.
Great defenses that day.

After further review this is definitely a play on Ice JJ Fish. They shouted him out lol. Very good job boys!

[video=youtube_share;iq_d8VSM0nw]http://youtu.be/iq_d8VSM0nw[/video]

Pitt: The Jameis coming out party

Labor day, Sept 2nd 2013. No one quite knew what to expect from the Seminoles in their 1st game, all the offseason shuffling & replacements were finally going to play for real, on the big stage. The Pitt Panthers had come into the season with what many touted as being a good senior laden defense. This was also Pitt’s inaugural ACC game. Lots of new beginning stuff here. And then Jameis happened………. On the big Monday night stage, pass after pass after pass connected. While watching this I remember thinking holy shit this guy is special!!! 25-27 356yds 92.5% 4TDs 13ypa ( 1 incompletion was because the WR didn’t get his foot down inbounds) was the statline. Each completed pass seemed elicit a crescendo of oohs & ahhs. What started a s 7-7 1st qtr grew into a 28-10 halftime drubbing and finished as a 41-13 notice serving statement. It may have been hyperbole that night, but I saw many say that this was the finest debut they had ever witnessed by a QB. The Redshirt Freshman boldly set the stage for the rest of the 2013 season.

Pitt: The Jameis coming out party

Labor day, Sept 2nd 2013. No one quite knew what to expect from the Seminoles in their 1st game, all the offseason shuffling & replacements were finally going to play for real, on the big stage. The Pitt Panthers had come into the season with what many touted as being a good senior laden defense. This was also Pitt’s inaugural ACC game. Lots of new beginning stuff here. And then Jameis happened………. On the big Monday night stage, pass after pass after pass connected. While watching this I remember thinking holy shit this guy is special!!! 25-27 356yds 92.5% 4TDs 13ypa ( 1 incompletion was because the WR didn’t get his foot down inbounds) was the statline. Each completed pass seemed elicit a crescendo of oohs & ahhs. What started a s 7-7 1st qtr grew into a 28-10 halftime drubbing and finished as a 41-13 notice serving statement. It may have been hyperbole that night, but I saw many say that this was the finest debut they had ever witnessed by a QB. The Redshirt Freshman boldly set the stage for the rest of the 2013 season.

Can't we just get the promotional SI video instead of jerking off here a year later?

Nevada: The followup or the flop? Hello Karlos Williams

12 days of hearing all about this great debut could be killer to young QBs, reading the press clippings, thinking that hey this is easy I got this. The followup is very important to a young player after a great game. Even more so as the QB & leader of a team. Nevada was not expected to be much of a team in 2013, though they were as always expected to be an offensive team that would put up yds & points. Unfortunately this game Nevada came away with 214 totals yds. Jameis did a fine job going 15/18 214yds 2TDs & his 1st Int. He still had more TDs than incompletion total for the year and was extremely efficient. But this wasn’t a game that required eyepopping passing numbers, no this was all about running the ball. Running it like a service academy or GT, 377yds on 41att, 9.2ypc!! 10 different Seminoles carried the ball, none for more than 9att, yet 2 had more than 75yds & 2 more than 100! Those same 3 also had per carry averages of >12ypc. By no means was Nevada some bastion of defensive excellence, but this also wasn’t a 1-AA school either. The FSU defense for the second week straight was dominant, again albeit vs a less than stellar team but an adequate offense. This game was 17-7 at half & then boom this ended 62-7. Fro reference in a shortened game in 2012 FSU beat maybe Division 1’s worst program 55-0 the year previous.

But the real story underneath the other pleasantries was Karlos Williams. A 5 star safety who was converted to RB the week prior to this game, on his 1st carry raced 65yds for a TD. Karlos Williams displayed a freakish size 6-2 225, freakish speed 4.4/40 & innate natural ability with the ball in his hand. Williams while being a 5 star safety never really “got it” on the defensive side. FSU really thought they had a Safety that could run with WRs & mash like an LB in the running game. But Williams’ instincts weren’t good on defense, so he struggled. But upon moving to offense, he immediately made James Wilder Jr dispensable. His story & growth are keys to the 2014 season

Silk, we get it, they crushed cupcakes and showed no mercy.

Aren't you already embarrassed capsulizing Pitt and Nevada? Can't wait until you get to the meat of the schedule ... oh wait.

Bethune Cookman isn’t worth a retell, glorified practice

Boston College: 1st time Threatened how do they react?

For the 1st time all season the Seminoles were down to an opponent and struggling bad. It could have been complacency, disregard for the opponent or just the other team being really prepared. No matter the case FSU was down 17-3 to Boston College to begin the 2nd qtr. A big credit is to be given to the BC 3rd down defense, they were able to hold Florida State to 4-11 on 3rd down. The big breakthrough came at the end of the 2nd qtr, a 55yd TD pass as time expired to take the lead. Fromt here the team never looked back, but this was an important game for the development of the team going forward. After 3gms of literally doing whatever they wanted, they had encountered a brawl, well at least for a half. This experience would set the tone of what was to come in next few weeks.

Maryland: What does an at the Moment Top 25 team do?

In all fairness no matter how bad Maryland beat their previous opponents it was unfair to rank them in the top 25. They simply weren’t a Top 25 team. But after visiting Tallahassee, the nation at large at least knew that FSU was a Top 5 team heading into the ACC’s showcase showdown vs Clemson. But this game, served to show just how much of a different animal this team was. No top 25 team had ever been beat worse, in history! (No 11 Texas was beaten 66-3 by UCLA in 1997, same margin of Victory). After a sloppy defensive effort vs BC, the defense smothered the Terrapins as an act of revenge. Giving up just 234 total yds, with only 33 of them being on the ground. They held MD to 2-15 on 3rd downs & injured a few Maryland players in the game. IT was for lack of a better word a blood bath. Winston went absolutely nuts going 23/32 393yds 12.3ypa & 5 TDs! In fact that was the finest passing day by any team/person since Cal in 2008 vs Maryland. Three league games in, this team knew it had something special at the QB position, but even broader that the team was special. Heading into the ACC’s biggest game in maybe ever with tons of confidence would prove to be a great asset.

Clemson: Saturday Night Live! The ACC has got a show!

Any hopes or dreams of a n ACC team playing for a national title reside upon until further notice the winner of the Clemson/ FSU football game. The stage was set, the undefeated Clemson Tigers under the leadership of Sr QB Tajh Boyd, the otherworld speed of future top 5 pick Sammy Watkins, the pass rush dominance of a future 1st rounder in Vic Beasley and the wizardry & gadgetry of mad genius Chad Morris were at home in Death Valley and ready to put on a show of dominance. Unfortunately, for Clemson at least that’s not what occurred. The Seminoles decided to hand Dabo Swinney’s Tigers the worst home loss in the history of the Clemson program. And if not the worst somewhere close to the worst beating between 2 Top 5 teams in history. After this speech pregame, it was all downhill for the Tigers

[video=youtube;qX4qxPLDTlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX4qxPLDTlc[/video]

Clemson ran off the bus, down the hill, touched the rock, then……….. Got TOUCHED! Winston’s very 1st pass was a TD to Kelvin Benjamin. By Halftime it was 27-7, Winston had thrown for 3 TDs & ran another, and was at the head of an attack that put full foot in Clemson ass. Clemson didn’t fair any beter in the 2nd half either as the Seminoles went on to defeat Clempson 51-17. The defense held the Tigers to 326yds, more than180yds below their per game avg. In what was billed as the ACC’s biggest game maybe ever, it turned to look like every Florida State before it, a blowout & hurt feelings. After the game, Dabo Swinney was quoted as saying “if the two teams played 10 times, We’d probably win five, they’d probably win five.” Sure you would Dabo, Sure you would………

Winston finished 22/34, 444yds, 3TDs, 1Int, 64.7%, 13.1ypa. That’s a statline you’d expect vs UMass or UTEP, this was against the #3 team in the land. A team that had beaten the big bad SEC’s Georgia, &would go on to beat the Big Bad B1G’s Ohio State. This was no fluke, this was not happenstance, this was the point everyone knew barring an upset FSU was going to be playing for a Natty.

i was in full engorged glory!!!

SEC team in the ACC

Honestly your tweet spurred me. Thanks for the work :( lol

i promised you 1 last year & didn't. This is my recompense

this sched is tougher than 2013 though, and 1yr undefeated is hard enough, 2yrs plus a playoff is bananas. But point definitely valid.

You must have read my notes :D

As always thanks bro, sidenote the state of Texas will win a natty in the next 3yrs

you still my man though. I like ya spunk *pause* ya fire

astute as always, would love to get some VK stuff on the board preseason, as you know how to ignite discussion

Thats ta why it's mission impossible 2. We want YOU Balboa! Lol

thanks for showing up bro

2013 was a HUGE undertaking & surprise to everybody. The only chance with that schedule was blowing everybody out & some good fortune.

maybe not, we shall see

Teach Muschamp how to DM!! Lol our gator/Nole ish is awesome! Love it, nothing else really matters. It's beat UF #1 and I know it's the same over there. But can't wait till boom is coaching our LBs next yr lol

:tiphat:

Any time brother! Although I did laugh at your part about Brewster. The only thing he's good at is recruiting (which does matter). Guy can't coach a lick...

Are you hungry, or are you starvin?????? I miss those days. We still call him "Basement Brew" in these parts.

Ohio State was just a little affair on the side. My Irish are going to club this team like Game off Thrones this October.

NcSt: Revenge for past undoings

If there is a boogeyman for the FSU program it is NcSt. In 2 of the past 4yrs, NcSt has come out as outright victors as DD dogs to the Noles. 2012 was an especially crippling debacle, after being up 16-0 at half only to lose 17-16 at the very end of the 4th, this was a game about pride. After Knocking down Clemson, this could have been a letdown, but not when you understand the recent history. This was a game Jimbo wanted & wanted bad! And to heighten the importance of this matchup, this just happened to be Bobby Bowden day, the 1st time the Legend had returned to Doak for a FSU game. This was big shit. Really not much to say about the game though, the Noles lept out to a 42-0 lead and cruised home with a demon cleansing asswhipping. This was just to be practice for next week’s demolishing of the hated Miami Hurricanes.

Miami: Turning a Hurricane into a light shower

The second meeting with a Top 10 ranked team in 2 weeks, and 2nd dismantling. The Hurricane/Nole rivalry is amongst the the most heated in the nation. Both teams hate each other, and while not on the UF/FSU level or anywhere near the 80s’-90s Mia/FSU rivalry it is intense! Many of the kids from both these programs play against each other from 6yo on. This is bragging rights, this extends beyond the game to when you go home and have to hear for another year that FSU owned you again. With Miami’s recent downturn it has become a bit noncompetitive, but no matter what throw out the records this is rumble in the jungle ish. Well at least not this year……. Miami had come in ranked #7 the highest its been this late in recent history, and they walked out 27pt losers & without all world Duke Johnson. FSU made this again a “Sit yo $5 ass down before I make change game” [video=youtube;uk6DAZ5LqaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk6DAZ5LqaU[/video]. It was 21-14 at half while the Hurricanes did their best to play soft & not allow anything big, but by games end it was 41-14 and there was no doubt left as to who was who and what was what. This game was VERY important also for recruiting as 2014 eventual 5 star flips RB Dalvin Cook, WR Ermon Lane, are both of the Miami area. Also 2015 commits CB Tyrek Cole 4*, S Calvin Brewton 4*, OLB Sh'mar Kilby-Lane 4* all of the Miami area. This 1st half along with the BC 1st half did show how to perplex Jameis early & frustrate him, those lessons would be applied later in the Title game vs Auburn. A lot of it was just drop as many people into zones as possible and make Jameis be super accurate and beatyou passing through windows of zones. Probably the most difficult task for any young QB is to be patient enough to take what the zones allow and play a West Coast offense sort of game. The 2 Ints were a direct result of Jameis’ being impatient and forcing. Though lets be honest the dude still finished 21/29 72.4%, 325yds, 11.2ypa, & a TD. The key to victory was having manageable 3rds and then converting 11-15 73.3%. Doing so kept the ball in FSU’s hands (38:33 TOP) & wore down the Miami defense.

Wake, Cuse & Idaho:

Nothing much to say here, they beat the 3 tms by an avg of 66 -6.6. Nearly cracked a 100 vs Idaho ( 3rd Stringers & Walk ons in by 3rd Qtr). Basically 3 straight scrimmages on the way to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, to drain the Swamp!

just a couple more of these recaps then on the the offseason & offense defense breakdowns (strength/weakness)

Looks like Charlie Strong is reading my posts though... getting rid of the hippies and replacing them with men. It will take a couple years for the culture to take hold but he is on the right track. I mean if he can mold a defense at Ville with no talent .......

Looks like Charlie Strong is reading my posts though... getting rid of the hippies and replacing them with men. It will take a couple years for the culture to take hold but he is on the right track. I mean if he can mold a defense at Ville with no talent .......

Don't know what the requirements are at Texas, but I think you can get into Louisville even if you can't read, as long as you can tackle

Back