First QB Taken in the 2008 NFL Draft

mwwebb81

Pretty much a regular
Having a bit of a discussion in another thread about what QB is the best in the country, and which one will be the first taken on draft day 2008. Just thought I would bring this topic up for discussion for everyone, and get some thoughts. I will gladly get us started.

BRIAN BROHM

He has completed 67.7 percent of his passes for 2,765 yards (395 yards per game), 9.3 yards per attempt, and 23 TD's to only 4 INT's.

He has the size, arm, leadership skills and decision making to become a great NFL QB. Not to mention he is not too shabby when he has to scramble!

I think its obviously Brohm or Woodson. I could see Woodson going 1 though. Hes got all the skills Brohm has plus the mobility

I truly hope no one says Colt Brennon.

Shit Brennan will be lucky to go in the 1st round. He should have came out last year. His stock couldnt have got any higher. Hes shitting the bed this year.

idk who it is. i like brohm, woodson, ryan. just need bears to get 1 of em.

O yeah I forgot about Ryan. I think hes just as good of pro prospect as either Brohm or Woodson to be honest. Hes got everything they have. Great arm strength, good accuracy.

I just dont see how anyone can say that Brohms stock has dropped. Just look at the following stats:

2006 (THE ENTIRE SEASON)

62.5 completion percentage, 2,712 yards, 12 TD, 5 INT, 152.8 passer rating

2007 (ONLY 7 GAMES)

67.7 completion percentage, 2,765 yards, 23 TD, 4 INT, 168.7 passer rating

And that is his stock dropping?

What the hell does he have to do for it to go up?

And as for Ryan, Brohm has a higher completion percentage, more yards, more yards per game, more yards per attempt, more TD's, less INT's, and a higher passer rating. Ryan is good, but not that good.

Woodson is probably the closest as far as NFL talent is concerned. The numbers are similar, with Brohm holding a slight to moderate edge in pretty much all of them.

I defintly dont want the Bears to get Brohm (packers fan speaking) I know QB is probally the pick with their 1st rounder but hopefully its like 15-25 range and Brohm and Woodson are gone. Ill let you guys have Brennan though if you want it

Joe, I think Woodson certainly deserves to be in the discussion.

I just think when it comes down to it, Brohm will be, and should be the choice. Woodson has a chance to do great things in the NFL as well, I just see him as more of an above average NFL QB, and Brohm as a potential superstar.

teams who need a qb and will have top 10 pick (imo) ...

miami
atlanta
arizona
chicago
minny

* in order how i see their draft pick (top = closest to #1)

dude arizona has Leinart. they just spent a top 10 pick on him 2 years ago. No way they take a QB. Defense defense defense for them. Calais Campbell, chris long something like that

I just think when it comes down to it, Brohm will be, and should be the choice.

I agree almost completely. There is this part of me that thinks that there might be a team or two where Woodson might be the smarter choice only for this reason.

There's nothing sexy about picking Brian Brohm. It's like picking Carson Palmer. Your fan base may be happy about it, but you're not going to sell many more tickets immediately because of it.

Basically, he's not Vince Young. Neither is Woodson, but Woodson has a sort of aura about him that I think you could really sell to your fans.

Brennan might have some of that, too, only nobody ever sees anything from him but highlights because of where he plays and those look like arena football highlights.

I dont think Minnesota will draft QB. Nor do I see Arizona drafting one, and calling it quits on Leinart this early. Chicago, Atlanta, and Miami will all be drafting QB, but the problem is for us Bears fans, the Falcons and Dolphins will probably be drafting ahead of us, and in my opinion, Brohm and Woodson and BY FAR the best two QB's in this draft.

After that you get into, dare I say it..........potential Rex Grossman like players, NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think Minnesota will draft QB. Nor do I see Arizona drafting one, and calling it quits on Leinart this early.

Agreed.

And Miami won't draft one, they drafted Beck last year.

leinarts first year was under a dif system than the one this year he was splitting time with warner in. if im arizona GM i dont like what i seen outta leinart. i hear they dont like his work ethic.

i think its a pos. they look qb.

Joe, I agree with that.

But in the end, while they may have said they were considering Kevin Durant, we all knew who was going to be the #1 pick, lol.

Brohm will go first, Woodson second, with both having a great shot at making a big impact in the NFL.

Woodson's delivery just strikes me as odd..as does Brennan, they kind of just flick it..I'm always leery of shit like that...but VY is doing fine and he had a delivery similar but much worse. I personally think Brohm has the best mechanics and makeup of a good NFL QB.

Same here Hunt. Both of those deliveries are defintly different but I thought Young was the ugliest thing I have ever seen and hes working out pretty good.

What do you think of Henne pro chances. I think I saw Kiper have him pretty high up there (like top 5 i believe). I defintly dont see it

was windy as hell out here by me today. any skirts/dresses go flying up in city today?

I live in Milwaukee Brewer and it was defintly the windiest I almost ever being it. Things were flying aroudn like crazy

one michigan qb is already too much for me to handle ;)

i think he is a mid round pick.

cleveland has a SD type decision to make at qb joe. if you dont want anderson ... can i have him?

Hopefully they have that situation.

Let's see if it works out that way for the rest of the season as teams start to adjust. Frankly I think a lot of this has to do with the new OC and the talent around Anderson as it does with Bigfoot himself.

Not to take anything away from him, but he does have complements on that offense.

In a best case scenario they will sign DA before the end of the season then be in a position to do a Kitna/Palmer thing with him or give Brady another season on the bench like a Rivers/Brees scenario.

But let's get through the season on the roll he's on before we start freaking out about all the depth the Browns have at the position.

That said, it is more than a number of teams have, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really happy about that.

Seems like the majority believes it should and will be:

1. Brohm
2. Woodson
3. Someone other than Brohm and Woodson!!!

Miami is not going to draft a quarterback in the 1st round. They got Beck, who many feel will be better than Brady Quinn.

Brohm, Ryan, and Woodson will be the first three quarterbacks taken. I think Woodson would be taken third after those two, although I am not sure which goes first.

Some of you guys are looking at pure numbers it seems to say who is better. You can never do that, c'mon now. If that is the case, then Graham Harrell should be taken first overall. He has better numbers than any of the quarterbacks being talked about.

but how good is brady expected to be? lot of unknowns still. im not sold on beck till hes taking snaps in a couple weeks or whatnot.

And Kiper has it right: Henne is the fifth best quarterback right now behind Brohm, Ryan, Woodson, and Booty. Talking senior wise.

but how good is brady expected to be? lot of unknowns still. im not sold on beck till hes taking snaps in a couple weeks or whatnot.

You might not be sold on him and I agree, but we are talking about Beck, a guy they targeted instead of Brady. The Dolphins invested a 2nd round draft choice in Beck. They are not going to use a first round draft pick this year on a quarterback.

maybe my cup on teams needing a qb was half full (w/zona and miami).

so this leaves just 3 ... atlanta, chicago, minny. so bears will have option of ryan or woodson. watch them take another defensive end :(

maybe my cup on teams needing a qb was half full (w/zona and miami).

so this leaves just 3 ... atlanta, chicago, minny. so bears will have option of ryan or woodson. watch them take another defensive end :(

Haha, no, Angelo will trade down to the bottom of the first round and take the garbage left over.

I don't think Minny goes after a quarterback either. Childress looks like he wants to suck Jackson's dick until he gets fired or it falls off, whatever comes first.

Angelo always trades down. That is what he did to get Rexy. Not that there was anything else in that draft quarterback wise but still. You can almost lock that. He will always give up draft position to get MORE draft picks.

if we pass on one of those 3. i think it may be time for me to find a new nfl team.

You can't compare stats of Brohm and Ryan and make ur decision on who is better off that. That is silly IMO. Totally different offensive gameplans and Louisville is so bad on defense that they are having to score as much as possible so they have completely abandoned their run game.

I haven't watched Ryan play but I can see Ryan and/or Brohm going number 1. These projections change weekly from the experts so I can't imagine trying to guess right now

As far as Beck being better than Brady I highly doubt that happens but will wait till both play to suggest one way or another.

You can't compare stats of Brohm and Ryan and make ur decision on who is better off that. That is silly IMO. Totally different offensive gameplans and Louisville is so bad on defense that they are having to score as much as possible so they have completely abandoned their run game.

I haven't watched Ryan play but I can see Ryan and/or Brohm going number 1. These projections change weekly from the experts so I can't imagine trying to guess right now

As far as Beck being better than Brady I highly doubt that happens but will wait till both play to suggest one way or another.

I assume you are a Browns fan, correct me if I am wrong please. Either way, why do you say Beck won't be as good if not better than Brady? What has given you that impression, at least so far?

Abandon the run game or not, I dont think its unfair to compare stats. Especially when you consider that Ryan has 7 more pass attempts on the year than Brohm, but Brohms numbers are far better.

Back