First QB Taken in the 2008 NFL Draft

That is true about Atlanta. I never said the Bears would have the worst record, just top 5 worst. Atlanta will for sure take him.

Bears fans, starting becoming Matt Ryan fans!

lets look at it though...woodson..ryan..brohm..whoever..going to take 1-3 years to be good...and how old is rest of team then...You guys are in middle ground right now

It's funny because teams like to say they can win with an average quarterback and then they try and suck. Then they draft a quarterback and he sucks and they are stuck for five years and go back into the cycle.

It's funny because teams like to say they can win with an average quarterback and then they try and suck. Then they draft a quarterback and he sucks and they are stuck for five years and go back into the cycle.
so true..in salary cap era...so tough to build a total "team"

Goop..Bears still finish 7-9 or 8-8 IMO...no way you have top 5...at this point..maybe like a 9-12 pick

bears are one of the bottom feeders bar. we have about a 5% chance at best making the playoffs right now imo.

lets look at it though...woodson..ryan..brohm..whoever..going to take 1-3 years to be good...and how old is rest of team then...You guys are in middle ground right now

The defense might be young but the offense is in for a retool. The offensive line is done, that needs to be reworked. WR's could be an issue with Berrian being a free agent and now with Drew as his agent. Benson? Who knows now. Olsen seems to be the only positive play maker.

There is a lot of work to be done. The Bears have bolstered their depth on the defense but have nothing on offense to show.

Well, this has been a fun discussion for tonight, but its time for sleep. Maybe we can pick it back up tommorow! And, one more time for good measure:

BRIAN BROHM IS THE BEST QB IN ALL THE LAND!!!

I would like to think so but I don't see this at all. This team is not good, plain and simple. They will continue to underachieve and then pack it in. The attitude is not positive whatsoever with the team.

i have us at around 25 in my NFL power rankings right now. shit is only gonna get worst. we were heavy favorites to win north and are gonna finish last. fuck this team.

Well, this has been a fun discussion for tonight, but its time for sleep. Maybe we can pick it back up tommorow! And, one more time for good measure:

BRIAN BROHM IS THE BEST QB IN ALL THE LAND!!!
LOL-never thought this would be hottest thread tonight

Bears draft Mike Teel in supplemental draft:hang:

i have us at around 25 in my NFL power rankings right now. shit is only gonna get worst. we were heavy favorites to win north and are gonna finish last. fuck this team.
plus you and Yessir lose the bet:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

well.Derek Anderson is making a push we never saw coming

Damn right.

You know, if that guy isn't the best argument for recreational narcotics I don't know what is. Because if you try to honestly figure out what he's doing--sober--you might break your brain.

i cant believe bar is higher on the bears right now than myself.

God i hope time continues to tick ...

JP, the Bears will take Derek Anderson off you hands so you can develop that scrub Brady. We will give you a couple of deep dish pizzas, and book of matches, and a 6th round draft pick. Oh, and we will cover the airfare for Anderson's press conference. How does that sound?

Bears draft Mike Teel in supplemental draft

I don't know about that, but if Brian Westbrook wasn't the greatest thing since Wilbur Montgomery I'd take Ray Rice in a second on the Birds.

Hell, maybe he can come to Cleveland and we can go 1/2 with him and Jamal Lewis.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go call Jason Wright and Jerome Harrison and tell them I just sold them down the river at midnight on a Thursday.

How does that sound?

Pthpt, not unless you're throwing in season tickets to the Sox. Then I might listen.

And not s**tty ones, either.

Of course, I say that as if I'd go to more than ten games a year.

I really would love to see Cleveland get something for Anderson, but this right now is total found money for them. It was barely five weeks ago when everybody thought this team had zero QBs now they somehow have two.

If they lose Anderson, and get something from him, I still want some sort of halfway decent backup there in case Fatty Weis is wrong about Brady.

How does that sound?

Pthpt, not unless you're throwing in season tickets to the Sox. Then I might listen.

And not s**tty ones, either.

Of course, I say that as if I'd go to more than ten games a year.

I really would love to see Cleveland get something for Anderson, but this right now is total found money for them. It was barely five weeks ago when everybody thought this team had zero QBs now they somehow have two.

If they lose Anderson, and get something from him, I still want some sort of halfway decent backup there in case Fatty Weis is wrong about Brady.

Seems as though he was wrong about Jimmy Clausen. What else is next, he actually didn't lose all that weight!? :seeya:

JP, I got tons of friends with season tickets to the White Sox. I'll throw in a couple for Anderson, no worries at all. It's the least I could do.

Seems as though he was wrong about Jimmy Clausen.

Yeah, well I'm not sold on that kid's pedigree. That said, I think the Whale was trying to make a point to his team. At least according to what Bjorks' insiders say which makes some sense.

All I know is I saw DA in preseason and he looked awful. And I saw Brady Q. in preseason and he looked great.

So . . . um . . .

NFL is nuts this year sans Pat and Indy..ANYTHING can happen

I hate that statement, mostly because it's panning out to be true.

I need to get a handle on this league.

I assume you are a Browns fan, correct me if I am wrong please. Either way, why do you say Beck won't be as good if not better than Brady? What has given you that impression, at least so far?

I am a browns fan but Im not a homer that thinks they are better than what they are. Having said that I do like BQ's potential with this offense. I just find it hard to believe that Beck will be better than Brady but I said I would wait till both played to decide. This is more based on what I know of Brady rather than a shot at Beck. Brady can make all the throws and has been in a pro offense for a couple years. He is very smart and has one of the smartest minds in football (dorsey) looking over his shoulder constantly. He took a bad ND team and competed in almost every game. Nothing around him last year went to the NFL and his numbers didn't drop one bit from the year before when they had slightly better talent (although that team didn't have much talent either). Beck might be decent but I don't know enough about him to say either way.

I am a browns fan but Im not a homer that thinks they are better than what they are. Having said that I do like BQ's potential with this offense. I just find it hard to believe that Beck will be better than Brady but I said I would wait till both played to decide. This is more based on what I know of Brady rather than a shot at Beck. Brady can make all the throws and has been in a pro offense for a couple years. He is very smart and has one of the smartest minds in football (dorsey) looking over his shoulder constantly. He took a bad ND team and competed in almost every game. Nothing around him last year went to the NFL and his numbers didn't drop one bit from the year before when they had slightly better talent (although that team didn't have much talent either). Beck might be decent but I don't know enough about him to say either way.

Brady Quinn isn't a scrub as much as some would like to believe he is. I am a firm believer in giving people chances, until he proves me otherwise he is the browns QB of the future. Also, how good is brady quinn if he was able to win with Notre Dame. I mean he was making things competitive with Notre Dame and thats more than i can say about there current situtation.

Ryan dont got shit on Woodson

to much Hype for Ryan.

No way man. Ryan I think is the best pure QB in the nation. Strongest arm, decent mobility etc. Still think Woodson will probally go higher than him in the Draft but I think I would rather have Ryan

No way man. Ryan I think is the best pure QB in the nation. Strongest arm, decent mobility etc. Still think Woodson will probally go higher than him in the Draft but I think I would rather have Ryan
Ryn played a tough as nails defense tonight in wicked weather. That being said...goo and bad. He made some odd throws but showed me three NFL type throws. Both TD's and a sideline pattern in first qtr.

He looked like shit for 57 min

and good for 3

If you want to crown his ass go ahead and crown him.

Lsu would make Ryan shit his pants...

He looked like shit for 57 min

and good for 3

If you want to crown his ass go ahead and crown him.

Lsu would make Ryan shit his pants...

with the right side of his line...no doubt...

there is no crowning him at all..he made plays in last 4 minutes against a defense that was willing to give up yardage.

I like Ryan a lot. He showed me some NFL skills tonight and at other times wasn't so good.

Woodson, been hyping him from day one this year. That being said his delivery will nver fly in NFL. He will have to remold his throwing motion once he gets drafted.

with the right side of his line...no doubt...

there is no crowning him at all..he made plays in last 4 minutes against a defense that was willing to give up yardage.

I like Ryan a lot. He showed me some NFL skills tonight and at other times wasn't so good.

Woodson, been hyping him from day one this year. That being said his delivery will nver fly in NFL. He will have to remold his throwing motion once he gets drafted.

they said the same about VY

Tell ya what as well..brewer..been wanting to discuss this for awhile..relates to college and pro..I'll piost it in pro forum in 5 minutes

Ryan is so much better than Brohm or Woodson it's not even funny. He has the best head on his shoulders, a strong arm, and charisma. I like Brohm and Woodson as well but I think Ryan will be near the Manning and Brady level.

There was an article I read recently that said that the real reason Brady and Manning are so great is because of their pre-snap reads. Ryan has their kind of intelligence and will make the same reads.

Obviously, he probably won't be drafted as high as Brohm or Woodson because those two are viewed as having superior physical tools. But Ryan is the best prospect, imo.

Ryan is so much better than Brohm or Woodson it's not even funny. He has the best head on his shoulders, a strong arm, and charisma. I like Brohm and Woodson as well but I think Ryan will be near the Manning and Brady level.

There was an article I read recently that said that the real reason Brady and Manning are so great is because of their pre-snap reads. Ryan has their kind of intelligence and will make the same reads.

Obviously, he probably won't be drafted as high as Brohm or Woodson because those two are viewed as having superior physical tools. But Ryan is the best prospect, imo.

Ok I like Ryan and everything but thats going a bit overboard. Ill let him become and average NFL QB first before I compare him to Brady or Manning

Back