First QB Taken in the 2008 NFL Draft

Abandon the run game or not, I dont think its unfair to compare stats. Especially when you consider that Ryan has 7 more pass attempts on the year than Brohm, but Brohms numbers are far better.

So compare Harrell's to both them then. What do you think of him?

Harrell's numbers are sick. No arguing that.

That being said, its not like Brohm and Ryan, who have a very similar number of attempts. Harrell has 50 more attempts on the season than Brohm.

Give Brohm another 50 passes, and they probably have very similar numbers.

That being said, I dont know too much about Harrell, and am not going to pretend to. I dont know how his arm strength, decision making, or any of that other stuff compare to Brohm.

I have watched multiple games involving Brohm, Woodson, and Ryan, so I can speak about them because I have seen them play. I havent watched a single snap from Texas Tech this year, so I really couldnt speak to Harrell any more than what I see on a stat sheet.

What I see on the stat sheet is pretty damned impressive though!

Signal, Henne has a lot of work to do. He stares down receivers and takes too much time to read a defense in the pocket. He is excellent behind a great line, given time to throw..but I think his lack of awareness and mobility will do him in.

Harrell's numbers are sick. No arguing that.

That being said, its not like Brohm and Ryan, who have a very similar number of attempts. Harrell has 50 more attempts on the season than Brohm.

Give Brohm another 50 passes, and they probably have very similar numbers.

That being said, I dont know too much about Harrell, and am not going to pretend to. I dont know how his arm strength, decision making, or any of that other stuff compare to Brohm.

I have watched multiple games involving Brohm, Woodson, and Ryan, so I can speak about them because I have seen them play. I havent watched a single snap from Texas Tech this year, so I really couldnt speak to Harrell any more than what I see on a stat sheet.

What I see on the stat sheet is pretty damned impressive though!

They would have similar numbers, you are correct.

I have watched a lot of Harrell and the one thing that is obvious compared to Ryan and Brohm is that he is smaller. Brohm and Ryan have great quarterback bodies, which I feel is important (something Rex doesn't have nor will ever have). Brohm is thick and strong, same with Ryan. While Harrell isn't weak by any means or short, it is still different compared to the other two. I think physically, Harrell is a step behind these guys.

okay, just ran a few numbers. If you add Brohms 50 passes, assuming his average yards per attempt, and attempts per TD, then compare them to Harrell's, you are going to end up with Brohm having slightly more yardage, and Harell having slightly more TD's. Brohm having slightly more yards per attempt, Harrell having a slightly higher completion percentage. Pretty much a wash.

I think with a QB it's all about intangibles in the NFL...the moxie, the psyche. It's such a mental thing, just ask Joey Harrington.

Funny thing is intangibles were one of Harrington's strengths coming out of college.

he was clutch and a winner..in NFL; he has had bad offensive lines and is shaky as hell..never saw that..thought he would be a Hrabaugh type honestly..but his confidence and being on bad teams has killed him

As a Bears fan, with the current offense in place (which I want to get rid of), I would not want Woodson. He might be the "cool" pick but if Brohm is there, you take him, not a question.

Agree with assessments of Harrington..what a shame. Us Detroit Lions fans were counting on big things from him.

And Kiper has it right: Henne is the fifth best quarterback right now behind Brohm, Ryan, Woodson, and Booty. Talking senior wise.

Michigan guys always getc better in pros..but I think henne never sees field in a reg game..ever

Agree with assessments of Harrington..what a shame. Us Detroit Lions fans were counting on big things from him.

his first game..he was showing it..and at times thereafter...

if he ever had a stabile coaching staff and a line in DET..he could have been a solid..not great..not bad..QB

As a Bears fan, nothing would please me more than to get Brohm. Unfortunately, I just see it as a big long shot of happening.

I agree on Henne BAR...I think his lack of confidence in pocket will kill him.

I agree on Henne BAR...I think his lack of confidence in pocket will kill him.
Nothing would suprise me tho...Joe Montana Jr(Brady) was not very highly thought of here...until late senior season...I mean Drew Henson was a factor..but shit

Anyone think Pat White will be a good NFL qb?

No one has really talked about him, even though he is a junior.

It seems as though whenever people criticize his ability to pass, he shows them up. He doesn't have great arm strength though.

He isn't the strongest guy in the world but he is an athlete, plain and simple. I wonder if teams would ask him to move positions...

Looking down the road, Locker at UW has a lot of tools to be successful..kid is good.

As a Bears fan, nothing would please me more than to get Brohm. Unfortunately, I just see it as a big long shot of happening.

Why do you see it as a long shot? The Bears suck, they will pick top five in this year's draft.

The only way we don't get him is if Angelo trades down, which is really possible.

Why do you see it as a long shot? The Bears suck, they will pick top five in this year's draft.

The only way we don't get him is if Angelo trades down, which is really possible.

Goop..Bears still finish 7-9 or 8-8 IMO...no way you have top 5...at this point..maybe like a 9-12 pick

Looking down the road, Locker at UW has a lot of tools to be successful..kid is good.

Locker is a horrible passer right now. He is Vince Young before he learned how to pass. I think Locker will be great but he has a ways to go, like you said. People are saying he is faster than Young.

Locker is a horrible passer right now. He is Vince Young before he learned how to pass. I think Locker will be great but he has a ways to go, like you said. People are saying he is faster than Young.

Vince was soooo bad his first year or two..I mean..bad..as far as a QB...but grew tremendously and continues to do so

I agree, I think the Bears will win enough games to ensure us of not getting a high enough pick to get Brohm.

As for Pat White, I just have a feeling he is going to end up playing WR in the NFL. Can anyone say Ronald Curry?

I agree, I think the Bears will win enough games to ensure us of not getting a high enough pick to get Brohm.

As for Pat White, I just have a feeling he is going to end up playing WR in the NFL. Can anyone say Ronald Curry?
solid comparison

Goop..Bears still finish 7-9 or 8-8 IMO...no way you have top 5...at this point..maybe like a 9-12 pick

I would like to think so but I don't see this at all. This team is not good, plain and simple. They will continue to underachieve and then pack it in. The attitude is not positive whatsoever with the team.

Bears are 2-4. 10 games left, need five to get to 7-9. With the teams left on the schedule, they will not win half of those games. More than half? Yikes, that is a stretch.

Gotcha Goop...

btw..wanted to start a thread in NFL forum..but what about the QB position in general..how bad it is in NFL..look at the teams and whos starting...

Only solid QBs now

brady
manning
hasselbeck
kitna
palmer
manning
brees(at times)
favre
Nabb
gracia(kinda)

Even if the Bears only win a couple more games, is that going to be good enough to pick ahead of Atlanta? Because you can take it to the bank, that if Brohm is there when Atlanta picks, thats where he is going.

Even if the Bears only win a couple more games, is that going to be good enough to pick ahead of Atlanta? Because you can take it to the bank, that if Brohm is there when Atlanta picks, thats where he is going.
exactly

BAR, you really believe I am stretching to say this team picks top five?

I think Romo should be added to that list. Same with Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Campbell, although those three are a bit streaky. I still like them.

That is true about Atlanta. I never said the Bears would have the worst record, just top 5 worst. Atlanta will for sure take him.

Bears fans, starting becoming Matt Ryan fans!

BAR, you really believe I am stretching to say this team picks top five?

I think Romo should be added to that list. Same with Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Campbell, although those three are a bit streaky. I still like them.
quick list...add Romo and Ben obviously..basically saying that half the league has bad QB's..

Rivers and Campbell..young but solid...

Back