February Ingame

Is there any correlation between soccer being my favorite sport to watch yet being about the only one I haven't wagered on in months?

That whole statement probably gets turned upside down next week.

Is there any correlation between soccer being my favorite sport to watch yet being about the only one I haven't wagered on in months?

Idk mate, it's like jumping into ncaab in March madness, but bol

Just taken Tottenham, zenit and Eintrscht pls

West brom gets it done, Swansea is made of relegation at this rate

Got the blokes from Venezuela +1

Idk mate, it's like jumping into ncaab in March madness, but bol

It's likely over the last 15 years I would have been better doing that, it's not like I'm not watching the games and just diving in

That said, CL hasn't been kind to me in the past

Sky paid 70% higher yesterday in EPL then they did 3 years ago, 1.3 billion pounds a year

Sky paid 70% higher yesterday in EPL then they did 3 years ago, 1.3 billion pounds a year
I always have a hard time understanding how it's economically viable to broadcast soccer. I know Sky and BT are subscription based (or at least I think they are) so there's money coming through that way, but with no commercials other than HT, how much could they possibly be generating in ad revenue? At least ESPN and NBCSN have the little ad banners on the screen, which probably doesn't amount to much, but at least it's something.

I always have a hard time understanding how it's economically viable to broadcast soccer. I know Sky and BT are subscription based (or at least I think they are) so there's money coming through that way, but with no commercials other than HT, how much could they possibly be generating in ad revenue? At least ESPN and NBCSN have the little ad banners on the screen, which probably doesn't amount to much, but at least it's something.

Not sure, do you think companies that advertise on the field partially pay the broadcasters? Supposedly sky wants to focus less on soccer, and now they spend this kind of cash, they have to be making a ton somehow

Not sure, do you think companies that advertise on the field partially pay the broadcasters? Supposedly sky wants to focus less on soccer, and now they spend this kind of cash, they have to be making a ton somehow
I'm guessing not. Sort of like the way Fox and ESPN always block out the ad screen behind home plate and put up their own stuff.

And did some checking, looks like Sky charges 36 pounds per month (54 US) for the sports package, so I guess it might be viable. Plus they have their news and entertainment divisions as well.

Corinthians draw as well, push better then a loss, would like River Plate sbeak one in

I'm guessing not. Sort of like the way Fox and ESPN always block out the ad screen behind home plate and put up their own stuff.

And did some checking, looks like Sky charges 36 pounds per month (54 US) for the sports package, so I guess it might be viable. Plus they have their news and entertainment divisions as well.

they own the satellite package as well, it's a bit like direct tv with sunday ticket in the US

so to get the football you have to get sky tv, then the sports is 36 quid, and the average person spends 72 quid per month

their revenue was 7.6b last year, they essentially can't lose the package

Paul Lambert has finally been sacked.
As pleased as I am, this has happened months too late. Lerner needs to go or put up the money he cannot just put a club up for sale, make it known to the rest of the world then just play ping pong.

Always talk about them being a big club but for fuck sakes it's being run by amateurs.

Paul Lambert has finally been sacked.
As pleased as I am, this has happened months too late. Lerner needs to go or put up the money he cannot just put a club up for sale, make it known to the rest of the world then just play ping pong.

Always talk about them being a big club but for fuck sakes it's being run by amateurs.

Sherwood?

Sherwood?

LOL
absolutely not.
Villa need to get their heads out of their ass and take a risk of a foreign manager. It's been boring ass English football, long ball, direct. Fans are bored.
I'll be more than happy for Laudraup but not Sherwood.
Proven manager not someone who's babysat a club.

The hilarious thing is seeing Roy Keane's name on the list of possible next managers.

As of now the names being spread around are:
Tim Sherwood
Jurgen Klinsmann
Michael Laudrup
Neil Lennon
Paul Clement

I think Aston Villa has this fascination with Celtic, whether it's former managers or players.
Paul Clement would be a very interesting candidate though if they do plan on bringing in someone who's not necessarily a proven full on manager.
Still would like Laudrup, team needs to start playing attractive football to get the fans remotely interested. Don't care if we lose but at least do it in a manner that isn't so dull as fuck

sherwood the betting favorite

I dont think JK would take it

the problem with Laudrup is he gets bored after a year everywhere he goes

Lennon I think would be a bit of a risk but interesting

Hoddle would be great or an absolute disaster

Back