February 2014 In-Game

you gotta fight with these cable companies. My cable bill ballooned up to 250/month. I was fucking furious, called them up almost cancelled on the spot.
Anyway, after a bit of back and forth, my payment is now 160/month with BeIN.

You really need to shop that shit around and be ready to jump if need be to Dish, DirectTV, Cable, whatever. The only thing good about Comcast for me is their internet speed is lightning fast for what I pay for it.
250 for the bundle, not just tv, right?

My Fox Soccer Plus just disappeared sometime in the last couple weeks, now they tell me it's got it's own tier and $14.99/mo. Wtf is that? I have the sports pack already which is only $7 or whatever, but to randomly drop out is crazy. The add insult to injury, that was the only channel the Milan/Atletico game was on...and the Bayern/Arse game was on FS2 which I don't get in HD for some peculiar reason.

Not only could I not watch both CL games on Wed, I couldn't even get one in HD.

250 for the bundle, not just tv, right?

right, cable/internet/phone

get this - these fuckers started charging us 7bucks/month to 'rent' the free cable modem they gave us a few years ago. So, fuck them, I went out and bought a cable modem.
Called them back, told them, a) fuck you and your cable modem, I am returning yours and b) fuck your phone service, I am going to use magic jack or some other voip phone. What is our new rate? They said it would be $5 MORE expensive per month to drop the home phone line.
WTMF :angry:

Anyway, after a bit more back and forth they waived the modem rental fee and discounted our base service rate a bit. They said this rate would be good forever, but you fucking know these fuckers are gonna jack up the rate again in 6-8 months. They think consumers are retarded and will not call and complain. This pisses me off real bad.
Look, I don't mind paying the rate we agreed upon, at the service level we agreed upon. but if you're gonna jack up my rates a) without notice and b) without updating my service, fuck you. You know damn well it's becoming less and less expensive for cable to broadcast their services (especially internet and phone) but yet they want to find a way to jack up their monthly fees.
sure I understand some stations are charging them more to broadcast - ESPN for instance. But what the cable companies should do is fucking let the consumers decides what packages they want. I don't need 5 fucking ESPN stations, and to be perfectly honest, to save 20-25 bucks per month, i would drop every last espn station.
/rant over....for now

Sorry about the loser in Napoli game yesterday. Gonna make some money today :prayer

Just a few random thoughts on CL matches today before I read more into each.

United's MO in the past has been play for the draw on the road, and win at home. Of course, that's been SAF's rationale for the past quarter century. Now, a new regime. OT has not been the fortress it has been in the past - with teams getting historic first wins there already in league play. Couple that with the fact United has two ways to make next year's CL - 4th in league (11 points back with 11 to play seems very unlikely. Or win the whole damn thing this year. With a break of two going their way, they have a punchers chance of winning it this year - But they need to get past the Greeks first. Olympiakos been shit stomping teams in league play and it's ALWAYS been difficult to win in Greece. Very tough team to break down, I don't care who you're playing when you have a 78-9 GD in your league play that's fucking impressive. 13-0-0 at home.
In my eyes, United gotta go out there and try to take it to them and get at the very least a road goal, if not a road win. They don't play again till week end, so they should have the full squad available to them. I think this will be low scoring and like United and the under....but temper your bets, as I am a United fan. I only play them when I'm confident and I'd rank this a 4/10 rank of confidence in away win.

Dortmund was in fantastic form, until WTF happened this past weekend in Hamburg? I thought Dortmund was poor in the beginning of the year, and turned it up of late - so which team shows up in Russia? Dortmund pretty solid on the road. Zenit has a decent squad, but probably not the quality Dortmund has overall. But, Russians know they have to win at home to have any chance of advancing (at least that's what I would think). Their league is on break, and they've looked a little spotty with difficult scoring in friendlies to be honest. But, what I do look at is group stage where Zenit advanced, yes, but just 1 win in group, and just 3 home draws to show for it. home games totalled 2 gf, 2 ga so obviously they were playing very tight to the vest (read, trying not to lose). I think Dortmund tries attacking the home side here and keeping them on their heels. We get a goal early, this game could see some goals. Or could end 0-0. I think I may play Dortmund to win, with a draw bet as safety - I really just don't think Zenit has enough to beat the Germans here.

Dortmund without lots of key players, yet money keeps coming in on them. Dont know why, but I'll follow the money.
Come on Germans.

Just FYI - Mata unavailable in CL play, in case you forgot....but the Greeks are without lots of attacking options. One guy is cup tied, one guy injured, sold another two guys. Probably a 0-0 shit fest there :cheers:

I still think Dortmund are shit, lucky draw

figured them for a shit performance here at least

Dortmund hardly shit. They made CL finals last year, no?
Tough to be consistent when missing your two CB's (probably two of the top 10 in the world at that) in Hummels and Subotic.
Bender missing is another big miss - he's out 10 weeks

NOt saying I predicted them to smash Zenit, but they are a talented side.

Relative to last year dy, that's all

of course they aren't shit, but they are a shell of last yr from what I've seen this season and the whole lame duck thing w/Lewandoski been a big part I think. They're just playing a scrimmage now.

well, again, they are without their two cb's - that's pretty huge, that's the backbone of the team there. And of course without Goetze. Lewandawski may be a lame duck, but he's been playing well. Reus been brilliant this year and they have EMB and Mkhitayrin both new guys who can be great. I'd still rank them a top club when everyone healthy - maybe just a touch below Real, Barca, City and BM - but on par with everyone else underneath

Yeah ton of injuries. Not concerned with Lewandoski playing well more than team chemistry which seems to have been off although I haven't watched them much the last few weeks. Think Schalke finishes 2nd in Bundesliga.

This is the kind of thing that might propel them to make a run though, got plenty of opportunity this game and next to work some things out

What I see more this game is probably what you said above, Zenit on break and look like shit when they weren't great to begin with

Will say I'm glad I'm not wagering on this stuff, I'm new enough to soccer that it's hard to figure the different seasons within the season and how it effects teams. Coming into CL I kinda wanted to fade 3 teams: Dortmund, Olympiakos and Chelsea for different reasons and the first one certainly was off, although again I'm not sure how much of it is Dortmund and how much is Zenit

this is pathetic. United all bottled in, can't even break half way line. No one to service RvP or Rooney. fuckkkkkk

Back