February 2014 In-Game

AH okay thanks, you think they can still beat Barca without him?

They would destroy Barca with him, but will still beat them without him.
This is a MUST win game because if they only win 2-1 or 1 goal win, they may very well be fucked at Nou Camp because they will have to play against the ref as well.

Pellegrini has seen enough of Barca and Messi during his time at La Liga plus, he will most likely rotate his players to hit Messi and play a bit dirty.
Plus City have the pace to handle the Barca midfield and full backs so really Barca is a bit screwed because they won't be dictating the pace of play.

Keys for City:
Dictate the pace
Be very physical with the midfield
Keep shooting, Barca D and goalie is not that good
Play for corners and set pieces

Keys for Barca:
Don't get too predictable
Don't walk into the goal
Control tempo
Minimize City's shot on goals
Keep the play in the middle of park

Have been thinking City should be favored to advance, just concerned with their last couple games but they have been the better team overall this season for sure

I don't expect to see too many surprises in this round.
However I feel that some how Atl Madrid will get fucked over by the referee because AC Milan is the worst team in the last 16. Year after year this team seems to go through with a ton of luck. I know plenty of die hard Milan fans who are confused and baffled by the direction of the club.
Seedorf as manager is a terrible choice out of all who they could of hired but makes you wonder perhaps no one wants to manage this club.

I don't expect Man Utd to lose out on Olympiacos, the Greeks just sold their hit man Mitroglu(sp?) who scores in bunches. OT factor has to be big again.

Borussia Dortmund will advance against a Zenit team that lucked the fuck out getting here. This is a better match up for Borussia than Porto.

My favourite matchup actually has to be Galatassaray vs Chelsea, there is a ton of story lines here, Mancini vs Mourinho lots of former club ties there, Didier Drogba coming back to the Bridge, Wesley Sneijder and Mourinho. If Galatassaray does not get smoked at the Bridge….they will have a very very good chance but Mourinho loves these types of games where there is intensity.

Have been thinking City should be favored to advance, just concerned with their last couple games but they have been the better team overall this season for sure

yes, if this game was played in January then they would progress fairly easily however, they are fortunate to face probably the more weakened Barca squads of years past. Messi is on a cold streak by his standard, they are easily frustrated and I just don't think they have the right manager for this period of time.

As much as I want both clubs to get the fuck out of the competition, there are 2 teams whom I think City will not want to play against, Galatassaray and PSG

I like Gala as well, also think Zenit wins leg 1 at home, I'm down on Dortmund.

PSG might not win in Germany but could easily outscore them by 6 goals in the tie as well

agreed,
If you try to attack them they will fuck you up bad.
Not a lot of people talk about them, it's been all about Bayern, Man City, Barca, Real Madrid but they are slowly doing their thing.
They have the experience of players and manager to really take it far.
I would love to see PSG vs Man City or Bayern.

any thoughts on second half, game seems like 1-0, 2-0 type game

haven't watched it but tough to see this going over. City with the lead can just be patient while Chelsea have to do something but are they even interested in doing anything? Probably not.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA
apparently the Zidane's headbutt on the Matrix lives on

[video=youtube;dfnc___G6ME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfnc___G6ME[/video]

ManU - think India was value at -300 now?
icon12.png

I didn't hit them SU, but I bet Dhoni to be 1st out in his partnership with Rahane, and bet Rahane to top score when he was in his late 60s.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aSVy8jPJVhk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back