Fantasy Football League #2 (2024-25)

mogo

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Fantasy Football League #2 is back again for our 15th season!!!

League #2 Yahoo Login

2023-24 final standings:
1st Inspekdah
2nd Gandolf
3rd reNew Orleans
regular season winner Inspekdah

Current Roster:

QBWRRBTEW-R-TKDEFBNIR

$100.00 buy-in, 12-person league, settings from last year rolling over (somebody double check everything looks the same).

the league dues as always will need paid before the opening game in Week 1 (Thursday, Sept. 5).

anybody not paid by then will have their roster frozen until they pay. you all should have received a league renewal email from Yahoo, so please login to the league and confirm everything looks correct. I will set up the LeagueSafe in a few weeks to allow everybody to respond.

please post in this thread if you will, or will not be returning. I would like confirmation from everybody.

who's back for another year?

Payouts:
1st - $650
2nd - $300
3rd - $150
Regular season winner - $100

Draft date on Sunday, Sept 1 9:30 EDT

1. the real deal = @mogo
  2. Inspekdah = @Inspekdah
  3. FL Fighting Amish = @madshooter
  4. THE TRUTH = @thetruth
  5. T-Squared = @T-Squared
  6. Titties and Beer = @ISU74
  7. Western District Way = @aplous
  8. cubsker = @cubsker
  9. Black Mambas = @Throwback420
  10. Misschung = @misschung
  11. Ra-Ra Sis Boom Bah = @reNew Orleans
  12. Tomorrow is Another Day = @Gandolf

Last edited:
i kept draft date the same, Wednesday before, but did move it out an hour to 10:00 EST since reNew asked.

took everybody who responded in last year's thread and updated above, but still need confirmation from @T-Squared , @ISU74 , @cubsker , @Throwback420

Do we have to do 10pm eastern? Can we do 9:00?

8/28 works for me or any day that week. Can’t do 9/2 or 9/3.

As for the date I might have to do a poll, too many specific requests

I can try 8:30. Maybe it’ll be a good night for bedtime. I’m good with most nights otherwise but a poll would be best.

I can make 9/1 work. Prefer a weekday.

Wednesday 9/4? Night before the season starts. Or go early, Sunday 8/18?

I just have a few nights that wouldn’t work until atleast 9:30 central.

Friday - 8/16
Sat - 8/24
Sat - 8/31

Otherwise the other nights should work although the weekend of 8/24, 8/25 might not work - might have a family obligation.

I am actually OUT. Few things came up that are going to take up a lot of time and I am in 20+ leagues. Need to cut a few. Best of luck guys!

LeagueSafe has been setup. everybody should have received an email. link also posted on Yahoo.

Get those payments in!

Reminder draft is night at 9:30 EST

Login to Yahoo around 9 to see draft order.

1.--empty--Black Mambas
2.--empty--Western Dist...
3.--empty--the real deal
4.--empty--THE TRUTH
5.--empty--Tomorrow is ...
6.--empty--Inspekdah
7.--empty--T-Squared
8.--empty--FL Fighting ...
9.--empty--Ra-Ra Sis Bo...
10.--empty--cubsker
11.--empty--Titties and ...
12.--empty--Misschung
[th]
ound 1​
[/th]​

I'll tell you how I approached the draft:

From my research it was pretty clear that the WR pool was deep and pretty flat once you left the first round. RBs meanwhile were getting dry and dusty after the first couple of rounds. So, at the very least I was targeting a hero RB approach, getting my RB1 early and then filling up on a solid WR room throughout the draft. QB I saw about 10 guys I would be happy with, with that top 4 tier clearly ahead of the rest and going in round 3/4, then more in 5/6 and even later, maybe as low as round 8 for Daniels or Williams. TE there were 9 guys I was good with, ending with Ferguson and Engram which I figured might be available in round 7. So generally, I figured my starting lineup would be filled out by round 8, with either 2 or 3 RBs, 3 or 4 WRs, QB and TE.

Drawing #5 was a nice break. The top 5 were pretty clear at that point so I could just wait to see which would fall to me. If it was Lamb or Tyreek so be it, I'd grab an RB in round 2. As it was, I ended up with Bijan, who should be fine.

2nd round, the WRs I was considering all had issues: London would double dip Atlanta, no thanks; Olave has Derek Carr at QB, meh; Nico is now in a crowded WR room (give me Stroud over any of the WRs). It came down to Achane or Jacobs at RB so I drafted the upside and basically locked down RB until much later.

For round 3 I saw a better group of WRs I was interested in: Deebo, Aiyuk, Kupp, Nabers. Would've been happy with any of them. But the run on QBs started at 3.1, 3.2 and at 3.5 I figured I could grab a high-end QB and more than cover any ground lost between round 3 and round 4 WRs. It was Mahomes or Lamar and I like Patty's weapons a bit more, plus Henry might eat some of Lamar's ground work. Lamar not going until 4.7 was a steal for Spek.

Round 4 I was looking at skinny Batman, Waddle or Rashee Rice. The Chiefs stack was in play but I had the short turn and thought maybe his ridiculously low Yahoo ADP might work in my favor. Waddle was another stack to consider but that's too many sportscars too early for me. So, Smith was the pick....Kellen Moore as the new OC knows how to get 2 WRs their numbers, he did it for Dallas with Cooper/Lamb and then Lamb/Gallup.

Round 5 sees Rashee getting sniped at 5.2 and which leaves me in trouble since it was him, Waddle and Tee Higgins that were at top of my queue after 4.8 and now only Tee was left with two other drafters to go. I got lucky that he slid to 5.5.

Heading to 6.8 another mini run was underway, this time on TEs with Kincaid gone at 6.5 and Pitts at 6.7. That left 3 of my preferred TEs left to go (Kittle, Engram and Ferguson) and going into the short turn 3 drafters behind me needing TE. I might've gotten lucky and had one slide to me in Round 7 but it wasn't worth taking the chance. I probably should've taken my Boy Ferguson but technically Kittle was rated higher.

I was glad to grab the TE knowing that there were quite a few good WRs that would be available in Round 7. It came down to Kirk, Diontae and Godwin. I chose the one with the best QB.

By round 8 it was Best Player Available......Singletary stood out being the starter in New York and working for his old boss Daboll. At 9.5 Sutton was a safer pick than DHop's age or Addison trying to be 2nd banana with Darnold at QB.

Round 10 was my target spot for a lottery ticket and Blake Corum fits the bill (other options were J Mason or J Wright). At 11.5 I could've grabbed Mason too.....probably should have, but Chuba should have flex possibilities at least into October.

By round 12 I was running out of ideas.....I thought about the Jets D who have a cakewalk first half schedule, but our league really downplays defensive scoring so it doesn't make sense to take one until the last round. I do like a good kicker though....and McPherson isn't top tier but he's near the top of tier 2.

Round 13 I screwed up. I should've taken the Bijan handcuff in Allgeier but instead I took a chance on Jeudy coming around in a new environment. In retrospect I'd rather have Allgeier.

Round 14 was another poor choice. I should've taken Conklin as a backup to brittle Kittle, but instead I took Cooks. I'll be up shit's creek if (when?) Kittle goes down. I didn't think Conklin would get taken but he got scarfed up in the next selection.

Round 15 was a fuck up. I had Cincinnati in the queue to play their week 1 game against NE, but I was check out Miami's writeup on the site and ended up hitting draft without switching back. I'll be streaming that spot but for this week I'll eat it.

The last few rounds kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Then the Yahoo projection was a total shock. This team can compete but it's a long season and there are weak spots. The RBs need to be studs. The WRs are good and deep but the ceiling is limited. Kittle needs to do the impossible and stay healthy. Should be a fun season.

From my research it was pretty clear that the WR pool was deep and pretty flat once you left the first round. RBs meanwhile were getting dry and dusty after the first couple of rounds. So, at the very least I was targeting a hero RB approach, getting my RB1 early and then filling up on a solid WR room throughout the draft. QB I saw about 10 guys I would be happy with, with that top 4 tier clearly ahead of the rest and going in round 3/4, then more in 5/6 and even later, maybe as low as round 8 for Daniels or Williams. TE there were 9 guys I was good with, ending with Ferguson and Engram which I figured might be available in round 7. So generally, I figured my starting lineup would be filled out by round 8, with either 2 or 3 RBs, 3 or 4 WRs, QB and TE.

Drawing #5 was a nice break. The top 5 were pretty clear at that point so I could just wait to see which would fall to me. If it was Lamb or Tyreek so be it, I'd grab an RB in round 2. As it was, I ended up with Bijan, who should be fine.

2nd round, the WRs I was considering all had issues: London would double dip Atlanta, no thanks; Olave has Derek Carr at QB, meh; Nico is now in a crowded WR room (give me Stroud over any of the WRs). It came down to Achane or Jacobs at RB so I drafted the upside and basically locked down RB until much later.

For round 3 I saw a better group of WRs I was interested in: Deebo, Aiyuk, Kupp, Nabers. Would've been happy with any of them. But the run on QBs started at 3.1, 3.2 and at 3.5 I figured I could grab a high-end QB and more than cover any ground lost between round 3 and round 4 WRs. It was Mahomes or Lamar and I like Patty's weapons a bit more, plus Henry might eat some of Lamar's ground work. Lamar not going until 4.7 was a steal for Spek.

Round 4 I was looking at skinny Batman, Waddle or Rashee Rice. The Chiefs stack was in play but I had the short turn and thought maybe his ridiculously low Yahoo ADP might work in my favor. Waddle was another stack to consider but that's too many sportscars too early for me. So, Smith was the pick....Kellen Moore as the new OC knows how to get 2 WRs their numbers, he did it for Dallas with Cooper/Lamb and then Lamb/Gallup.

Round 5 sees Rashee getting sniped at 5.2 and which leaves me in trouble since it was him, Waddle and Tee Higgins that were at top of my queue after 4.8 and now only Tee was left with two other drafters to go. I got lucky that he slid to 5.5.

Heading to 6.8 another mini run was underway, this time on TEs with Kincaid gone at 6.5 and Pitts at 6.7. That left 3 of my preferred TEs left to go (Kittle, Engram and Ferguson) and going into the short turn 3 drafters behind me needing TE. I might've gotten lucky and had one slide to me in Round 7 but it wasn't worth taking the chance. I probably should've taken my Boy Ferguson but technically Kittle was rated higher.

I was glad to grab the TE knowing that there were quite a few good WRs that would be available in Round 7. It came down to Kirk, Diontae and Godwin. I chose the one with the best QB.

By round 8 it was Best Player Available......Singletary stood out being the starter in New York and working for his old boss Daboll. At 9.5 Sutton was a safer pick than DHop's age or Addison trying to be 2nd banana with Darnold at QB.

Round 10 was my target spot for a lottery ticket and Blake Corum fits the bill (other options were J Mason or J Wright). At 11.5 I could've grabbed Mason too.....probably should have, but Chuba should have flex possibilities at least into October.

By round 12 I was running out of ideas.....I thought about the Jets D who have a cakewalk first half schedule, but our league really downplays defensive scoring so it doesn't make sense to take one until the last round. I do like a good kicker though....and McPherson isn't top tier but he's near the top of tier 2.

Round 13 I screwed up. I should've taken the Bijan handcuff in Allgeier but instead I took a chance on Jeudy coming around in a new environment. In retrospect I'd rather have Allgeier.

Round 14 was another poor choice. I should've taken Conklin as a backup to brittle Kittle, but instead I took Cooks. I'll be up shit's creek if (when?) Kittle goes down. I didn't think Conklin would get taken but he got scarfed up in the next selection.

Round 15 was a fuck up. I had Cincinnati in the queue to play their week 1 game against NE, but I was check out Miami's writeup on the site and ended up hitting draft without switching back. I'll be streaming that spot but for this week I'll eat it.

The last few rounds kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Then the Yahoo projection was a total shock. This team can compete but it's a long season and there are weak spots. The RBs need to be studs. The WRs are good and deep but the ceiling is limited. Kittle needs to do the impossible and stay healthy. Should be a fun season.
That's a sound approach and I appreciate the rundown. Like most, I don't put much stock in Yahoo grades. You only have to read the analysis of those grades to know they're empty bot crap. Still, I guess they create talking points. I had a some hiccups and that might have been due to playing a golf tournament that day and enjoying plenty of beers prior to the draft. I'll try again tonight and tomorrow in my last re-draft drafts. GL G!

I think my worst picks were probably Nabers in round 3 and Daniels in round 7.

Nabers felt like a reach but I didn’t think he’d last back to me at 4.4 so I went with him at 3.9. I had my eye on Kupp but he went right before.

Daniels I just told myself I’d take him almost regardless of needs if he was there in round 8. I was pretty set on Kyler on Kyler in the 5th/6th and Daniels was available with I believe 2 other teams needing QBs and having 6 picks between my 7th and 8th round.

I’ve found most times taking a handcuff to someone on your roster severely limits your flexibility or willingness to make roster moves. Sometimes Id want to stash someone but be afraid it wouldn’t work out bc the risk of losing the handcuff seemed greater than stashing someone and waiting to see if anything developed.

Now I’d almost always prefer someone else’s handcuff just to open up the possibility of having a usable asset instead of ‘filling’ a hole, except that asset doesn’t live up to what previously was there.

Back