Fantasy Football and Covid

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
So, I run my main league and am getting prep done this week...

Few questions...

What are your leagues doing different for this year?

Are you expanding rosters?

Are you doing an extra late week waiver wire in case positives pop up?

Anything else... like to get a dialogue going.

1-2 extra bench spots
1-2 IR spots (can move an injured player there without costing a roster spot basically)

FF you can usually get away with spending very limited time on it.

Not this year, I feel like there are going be a ton of late scratches. You better be able to have time to make late roster changes on Sunday

should be a lot of dead weight in the leagues we play in this year.

It needs to be in writing of what happens on a short season.

In my leagues I run I have week 8 is the cutoff. If the season makes it to Week 8 then payouts will be made based on standings. If it is canceled before week 8, money is retuned.

I would suggest this.

Instead of having so many roster spots, have a very short bench and allow people to pull players from the FA pool.

Have you core players and allow teams to pick and pull from the FA. Kinda like a League/ daily contest hybrid for this year.

That way if you do lose one of your core players. You at least have to ability to pick someone from FA that can be considered a starter.

I would suggest this.

Instead of having so many roster spots, have a very short bench and allow people to pull players from the FA pool.

Have you core players and allow teams to pick and pull from the FA. Kinda like a League/ daily contest hybrid for this year.

That way if you do lose one of your core players. You at least have to ability to pick someone from FA that can be considered a starter.

that's the opposite way to handle it and could make some sense, but it may reward stockpiling more

Run 2 leagues,
before week 10, we decided to split evenly if cancelled
between week 10 and 13, we decided to split evenly between contending teams (based solely off wins needed, not points.... Ie. 3 games to go, 6th place is 6-4, you need to be atleast 3-7, which every week that passes, will lower who receives the split ... most likely)
through each playoff week, teams remaining will split it evenly, Ie. past 13 weeks, 6 teams split, past 14, 4 teams, past 15, 2 teams.

Back