Fall Camp Injuries/Suspensions/Transfers

The title IX investigation of Kennedy Brooks has been resolved and he is back with the Sooners. He had been suspended from team activities for a few months.

Second-string CB Kyler McMichael will transfer from Clemson.

He was listed on the summer depth chart as a 2 behind AJ Terrell and Derion Kendrick. Two true freshmen may have influenced his decision. Sheridan Jones is an early enrollee who showed well in the spring game, and Andrew Booth is a 5* who is considered a sure thing.

We lost another one to South Carolina last year. He was a true frosh, got a waiver, and played in half the Gamecocks' games, including vs. Clemson. But it was weirder than that:
Belk recorded seven tackles in six games but also fought an ankle injury throughout the season. He raised eyebrows when the injury kept him from traveling with USC to Ole Miss, and he instead went to Clemson’s home game against Louisville.

He has now quit football altogether.

Nebraska getting 4 star Juco DT Jahkeem Green, who is immediately eligible. Originally was going to South Carolina, but apparently the SEC has some rule about online math classes that prevented that.

Last year, he had offers from bama, jorja, and Tennessee so safe to say, this kid is a player.

Nebraska getting 4 star Juco DT Jahkeem Green, who is immediately eligible. Originally was going to South Carolina, but apparently the SEC has some rule about online math classes that prevented that.

Last year, he had offers from bama, jorja, and Tennessee so safe to say, this kid is a player.
Wow, sounds like a heck of a pickup.

PSU transfer Manny Bowen did not report for fall camp. Utah down one projected starting LB. Devin Lloyd will likely be starting along side Francis Bernard.

The details on that Wertz arrest are crazy. The cops saw a white substance on the hood of his car. Wertz claimed it was bird poo. Cops tested it positive as Cocaine. But those field tests are notoriously dubious. How dumb can these cops be thinking the guy was driving with cocaine outside on the hood of his car?

The details on that Wertz arrest are crazy. The cops saw a white substance on the hood of his car. Wertz claimed it was bird poo. Cops tested it positive as Cocaine. But those field tests are notoriously dubious. How dumb can these cops be thinking the guy was driving with cocaine outside on the hood of his car?

Doing it off the hookers body on the hood of the car, yo. Smh you rookie

Sophomore Brenton Cox has been dismissed from the Georgia football team. In 2018, Cox played in 13 games and recorded 20 total tackles and one sack. The 6-foot-4, 245-pound sophomore was a 5-star prospect in the class of 2018. He attended Stockbridge High School.

Sophomore Brenton Cox has been dismissed from the Georgia football team. In 2018, Cox played in 13 games and recorded 20 total tackles and one sack. The 6-foot-4, 245-pound sophomore was a 5-star prospect in the class of 2018. He attended Stockbridge High School.

I've heard he's a giant pain in the ass

The number of season-ending injuries we’ve had the past few years is getting absurd. I know nobody is crying for us, but starting to wonder if it’s not just bad luck

Ha ha -- how tall is Martell?

Williams is from Georgia, and it seems that a lot of Georgia fans like him a lot. A few even went so far as to say he was better than Justin Fields and that he would have had a better chance at starting of he'd stayed in Columbus..

Last edited:
Ha ha -- how tall is Martell?

Williams is from Georgia, and it seems that a lot of Georgia fans like him a lot. One even went so far as to say he was better than Justin Fields.
Tate is like 5'7" I think. And Georgia fans would argue their left nut is better than Fields

Word is "ass my dude" tore up his locker in a tantrum.
I guess he'll transfer to UNLV or BLinn.

Word is "ass my dude" tore up his locker in a tantrum.
I guess he'll transfer to UNLV or BLinn.
I learned something. I was not familiar with that story. That's the kind of tweet that says this guy will never be a winner anywhere.

Cupp highlights. I'd turn the music off, it sucks.

Kid is a 6'6" fish. Would've been like Luke Joeckel with speed and catching ability.

I learned something. I was not familiar with that story. That's the kind of tweet that says this guy will never be a winner anywhere.
The tweet where he calls Starkel "ass my dude"?
It's a constant on the Aggie boards. Second only to "JFF" probably.

The biggest joke on the Ag boards is, that assuming Starkel gets the nod at Arky, he would have started at two D1 schools since that tweet . Tate, zero.

The tweet where he calls Starkel "ass my dude"?
It's a constant on the Aggie boards. Second only to "JFF" probably.

The biggest joke on the Ag boards is, that assuming Starkel gets the nod at Arky, he would have started at two D1 schools since that tweet . Tate, zero.
Did you see this:

After reports surfaced that Fields was interested in transferring to Ohio State, Martell tweeted (then deleted): “word of advice: don’t swing and miss… especially not your second time.”

Virginia CB Darrius Bratton suffers knee injury

Virginia defensive back Darrius Bratton from Roanoke suffered a knee injury Wednesday in practice and could be lost for the season, according to a source close to the situation.
Bratton is a cornerback from William Fleming High School. He played in all 13 games for the Cavaliers last season and made five starts.

As a sophomore last season, Bratton worked his way into becoming a regular in the cornerback rotation, appearing in 13 games and earning five starts while competing against now San Francisco 49ers rookie Tim Harris for the starting role opposite 2018 All-ACC First Team performer Bryce Hall. The Roanoke (VA) native finished with 16 tackles (13 solo) and seven pass deflections.

Hall, who enters 2019 established as one of the nation’s top cornerbacks, and Bratton are the only Virginia cornerbacks with any starting experience on the major college level. Some players were/are making gains, though. When Bratton missed time earlier this preseason with a hamstring injury, Coach Mendenhall cited junior Nick Grant, sophomore Germane Crowell, sophomore Heskin Smith and redshirt freshman Jaylon Baker as players making a push.

“It’s so close right now,” Mendenhall was quoted as saying in this article by Kris Wright. “Our secondary has a lot of depth. On any given day, it’s hard to say who’s who out there. The second corner, Bratton had it. Those are the chasers and they’re making ground up while he’s hurt. Between those four I just mentioned, it’s anyone’s right now.”

None of the four players mentioned has any significant experience outside of special teams, and Crowell’s career has been derailed by injuries so far. One of the four – or perhaps someone else out of the blue – will line up opposite Bryce Hall as the starter against Pitt, if Bratton is indeed on the sidelines. The best bet right now is probably Grant.

TCU LB Montrel Wilson no longer with team

“I don’t think he’s coming back,” Patterson said after practice, according to the Dallas Morning News. “He’s a great kid with NFL-type ability. He’s got to figure it out himself. I wish him the best. He should graduate at the end of the semester and go about his business.”

Wilson was not expected to be a starter this fall but was being counted on to provide a veteran’s presence for a young linebacking corps. Injuries had knocked him out of the lineup each of the past three years after he made seven starts as a true freshman — a feat not easily accomplished in Patterson’s complex defense.

The departure leaves the Horned Frogs pretty young and green behind expected starter Garrett Wallow, with a host of sophomores and freshmen rotating in for the team. TCU opens their season on Aug. 31 against Arkansas Pine-Bluff.

FAU (and Auburn transfer) OL Calvin Ashley no longer with team

In February of this year, Calvin Ashley announced his transfer from Auburn; in March, the offensive lineman announced that he would be transferring to Florida Atlantic. Less than five months later, Ashley is on the move again, with the player confirming to 247Sports.com and head coach Lane Kiffin to the Palm Beach Post that the projected starter at right tackle has decided to transfer from FAU.

Ashley has a young son and told the recruiting website that wants to be closer to family. Kiffin, meanwhile, was taken aback by the development.

“Very surprising for us,” Kiffin said. “Disappointing, but wish him the best of luck.”

As he recovered from an unspecified illness and awaited clearance from team doctors, Ashley had not participated in practice since the Owls summer camp kicked off earlier this month.

It’s believed that Ashley will transfer to an FCS school, Florida A&M, although that hasn’t yet been confirmed. If it’s to the FCS school, he’ll be eligible to compete immediately as a redshirt sophomore.

Ashley was a five-star member of Auburn’s 2017 recruiting class, rated as the No. 1 player at any position in the District of Columbia*; the No. 6 offensive tackle in the country; and the No. 26 prospect on 247Sports.com‘s composite board. He was the highest-rated signee in the Tigers’ class that year.

Back