ESPN Handicappers make Week 9 Picks

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Chris Fallica (Season 22-18-1) Week 7 (3-2-1)
  • Penn St. at Ohio St. – Under (57)
  • NC State at Notre Dame – Notre Dame (-7)
  • Eastern Mich. at Northern Ill. – Eastern Mich. (+7)
  • Louisville at Wake Forest – Wake Forest (+3)
  • Michigan St. at Northwestern – Northwestern (+2)
  • Oklahoma St. at West Virginia – Oklahoma St. (-7.5)
  • Georgia Tech at Clemson – Clemson (-14)

Stanford Steve (Season 20-14-1) Week 7 (4-0-1) (Steve made Penn St his #1 pick..He is 2-4 on best picks this year)
  • Penn St. at Ohio St. – Penn St. (+6.5)
  • NC State at Notre Dame – Notre Dame (-7)
  • UCLA at Washington – Washington (-17)
  • Arkansas at Ole Miss – Arkansas (+3.5)
  • Texas at Baylor – Baylor (+7.5)

Phil Steele (Season 26-26) Week 7 (5-6)

• Arkansas St. at New Mexico St. – Over (70)
  • Buffalo at Akron – Akron (-5.5)
  • Duke at Virginia Tech – Duke (+15.5)
  • FIU at Marshall – Marshall (-17)
  • Georgia Tech at Clemson – Clemson (-14)
  • Michigan St. at Northwestern – Northwestern (+2.5)
  • Missouri at UConn – Missouri (-13)
  • Oklahoma St. at West Virginia – Oklahoma St. (-7.5)
  • Penn St. at Ohio St. – Ohio St. (-6.5)
  • Rutgers at Michigan – Michigan (-24)
  • San Diego St. at Hawaii – San Diego St. (-9)
  • TCU at Iowa St. – TCU (-6.5)
  • Wisconsin at Illinois – Wisconsin (-26)
Fallica/Steve Podcast
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=21156617

My Picks (Season 23-19-2) Week 8 (2-6)

W Virginia +7x (Ok State is in a bad spot. Playing an early game on the road after a physical overtime game. Texas last week, Oklahoma next week, and still missing some linemen, including the center) 4 units
Penn State +7 (A lot of good handicappers and the public going the other way on this one, but I don't see why. Maybe they are correct that Ohio State is a different team than when Oklahoma drilled them, but beating Army, UNLV, Maryland and Nebraska doesn't prove it to me)
Ariz St +3x ( I've been winning going against USC for weeks and Ariz State looks like a different team since the QB started playing well so I'll stick with them as home dogs)
NC State +7 (I won on N Dame last week and they are for real, but Finley is as hot as any QB and NC has a good D so I'll take the points and hope they hang on. I see a couple of on-line books have raised it to -7x so I'll wait till game time to see if I can get the hook,, but if not I'll take the 7)
aTm +2x (I've been riding the Aggies every week and they keep coming through. I may be on them one week too long because Miss State is a tough, physical team, but the freshman QB is playing better every week, aTm has more game breakers, and night time crowds are wild in College Station.)
Washington -17 (I don't give 17 very often, but I love to bet tough, physical teams against UCLA and I think they may blow UCLA out. May take the over also, but will wait for game time and see what the weather is)
Leaning to W Forest, and Arizona, but haven't decided one way or the other yet.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
GameDay crew is saying could be bad weather in Ames, Iowa for TCU/I State, high winds and cold front coming through. This is the third different source I've heard that from.

Weather channel does not show that to be the case so I don't know where they are getting their info. The weather sites are showing a lot of bad weather around the great lakes, high wind, maybe snow or freezing rain. Also forecasting rain to increase during W Virginia/Ok State game. I don't bet halftime totals, but that may be a factor for second half.

Thanks, Ksimpc. Your Washington pick was what got me to handicap that game. I hate to give that many points, but once I saw you took them and started handicapping I like it more and more. May take the over in that one as well depending on the weather.

Just added another one you like.

Wake Forest +3x

Mixed results so far, but I'm still optimistic, so:

Adding Arizona +3

Last edited:
Back