ESPN Handicappers make Week 12 Picks

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Bear, Steve, and Phil Steele's pick are back this week. Never did get them last week so no way of knowing how they did. Their season scores are the ones they had prior to Week 11.
Chris looks to me like he is reaching. He has Duke, a team that has lost 6 straight but at least is at home, Baylor, a team that has won once all year and he is clearly betting the I-State QB won't be back and they'll be flat, and Vandy, a team that has yet to win a conference game.
Steve has UCLA, which is dead last in rushing defense, 123 in scoring defense, 125 in total defense, 3-7 ATS, including 0-5 on the road.
I had a frustrating week. Starting QBs went down on three of my picks, and it was clear the N Dame QB was not even close to 100%. I made a friendly bet (for dinner) on the over in the Tulsa/S Florida game earlier and the Tulsa QB went down.
I'll post my picks tomorrow night.

Chris Fallica (Season 29-22-2) Week 10 (2-3)

• FIU at Fla. Atlantic – FIU (+15)
  • Georgia Tech at Duke – Duke (+6.5)
  • Iowa St. at Baylor – Baylor (+9.5)
  • Michigan at Wisconsin – Wisconsin (-7.5)
  • Missouri at Vanderbilt – Vanderbilt (+9)
  • UCLA at Southern California – Southern California (-16)
Stanford Steve (Season 29-15-1) Week 10 (5-0) (4-4 on best picks)

• California at Stanford – California (+16)
  • Michigan at Wisconsin – Michigan (+7.5)
  • NC State at Wake Forest – NC State (+1.5)
  • UCLA at Southern California – UCLA (+16) (His #1, he is 4-5 on his #1 so far)
  • Virginia at Miami (FL) – Virginia (+19.5)
Phil Steele (Season 35-41-2) Week 10 (5-7-1)

• Army West Point at North Texas – Army West Point (+3)
  • Georgia Tech at Duke – Duke (+6.5)
  • Iowa St. at Baylor – Baylor (+9)
  • Michigan at Wisconsin – Wisconsin (-7.5)
  • Nebraska at Penn St. – Penn St. (-26)
  • SMU at Memphis – Over (73
  • UCF at Temple – Temple (+14)
  • UCLA at Southern California – Over (71.5)

My Picks (Season 31-27-2) Week 11 (4-5)

Memphis/SMU u 73/The Ville/Syracuse u 73--parlay
Oklahoma/Kansas u 71
(I know there's no chance of this one going to OT
Virginia +19x
Oregon -1x
Texas Tech +7

Saturday adds:
Temple +14
Sat afternoon adds
Louisville -13 (The Cuse QB is out and the winds are howling)
N Dame under 59x
Okla/Kan u 71/N Dame/Navy u 59x parlay

Adding one late game.
Cal +16 (I like the way this Cal team plays, missed 17 by waiting but I think that's enough)i
Several others I like, including Michigan, USC, Mizzou, LSU, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow and see how things look

Last edited:
Bear, Steve, and Phil Steele's pick are back this week. Never did get them last week so no way of knowing how they did. Their season scores are the ones they had prior to Week 11.
Chris looks to me like he is reaching.

I listened to the podcast you posted last week and put their picks in that thread. Neither did very well.

I have OU -35 as my only CFB of the day (I don’t play CFB much.) My Jayhawks are the worst team CFB team of the last half decade and I bet against them any chance I get. Before the season, I researched ATS on ku football games dating back to 2010. In every year but 1, blindly betting against ku has paid out. The one year that didn’t pay was a push. This year is no difference and while I don’t have the numbers in front of me, i feel like I’ve lost only 2 games this season betting against KU.
The total does seem high as well. Is OU going to hang all 70? It’s entitrly possible if we look at what TCU did to us and what OU has done to better teams this year. Having said that, I hope my birds come out with some passion. It’s senior day (for what that’s worth) the last home game.
Our defense is actually not bad, easily middle of the pack in the big 12 if not better. our offense and special teams however keep our d on the field all game in and horrible field position. Turnovers in the other teams red zone etc.
the weather today is awful. I live in KC about 25-30 min east of Lawrence and I’ll be staying in today. I think this bodes well for the under.
I never bet totals and I rarely bet CFB, but I may take a stab at the falling under (68 last I checked.)
As we say in these parts, “can’t wait for basketball season.” It’s finally arrived and I’m glad to see the fb season is almost done. I feel bad for the kids.

**no play on the O/U. Baker will show no mercy. He wants the heisman and OU will show the committee they deserve a spot in the playoffs. OU will hang 200 points on ku

Last edited:
May be a good spot for this

DO7YzIUVoAI9K_w.jpg:large

Back