ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 13

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Not sure how many of them are going to post picks this week, but all the ESPN guys except SVP have already posted. Lots of love for Ohio St/Michigan under and Vandy +14. Steve is betting against Stanford again.

ESPN Pickers:
Stanford Steve— (2-3) (32-23) 2020-21 Total (71-56) Best Bet (7-5)

Texas Tech +2 win
Indiana +10x lose
BYU -6x win
USC/N Dame u 64x lose
Ohio St/Michigan u 56 lose

Scott Van Pelt—(9-1) (65-48) 2020-21 Total (99-77)

Ga Southern +4x win
Oreg St +3win
Wash St +1x win
Texas Tech +2 win
Ga State +6 win
Tulsa +12x win
Cal +10x win
Missouri +4 win
Ariz St +3x win
Wash St +2 lose

The Bear—(2-2) (37-24) 2020-21 Total (61-65) Bank Picks—(2-1) (16-16)
Penn St -18x win
Clemson -14x lose
Missouri +3 win
Vandy + 14 lose

Gameday Super Dog Picks, Season Record

David——N Dame +4 lose (8-5) 2021 Season 8-6
Kirk——Vandy +14 lose (6-7) 2021 Season 9-4-1
Desmond—Vandy +14 lose (6-7) 2021 Season 9-5
Reece——Coast Caro +14 lose (6-7) 2021 Season 9-5
Lee— aTm +10 win (6-7) 2021 Season 10-3-1

Other Pickers:
Adam Kramer—(6-3) (69-49)

Clemson -14x lose
Oregon St +3 win
LSU -10 lose
Texas Tech +2 win
JMU/Coastal Carolina o 53x win
Missouri +3 win
Arizona/Az State o 65x win
SMU -4x lose
Kentucky -3 win

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— (4-1) (28-23) 2020-21 Total (66-77)

Phil Steele—(4-2) (42-32) 2020-21 Total (78-87)

UTEP +17 win
LSU -10 lose
Utah -29x win
Oklahoma -2 lose
Okla/Tex Tech o 64 win
BC +10x win

Pamela Maldonado—(2-3) (33-30) 2021 (17-23)

Temple +10 win
Louisiana State -10 lose
Notre Dame +5 lose
Kansas State -12 win
Stanford +6½ lose

My Picks—(5-3) (42-32) 2020-21 Total (108-65)
(Parlays—(1-4) (21-13)

Texas -8 win
Iowa -10x lose
Texas Tech +2x win
Clemson -14x lose
Kentucky -3 win
Kentucky ML win
Oregon State +3 win
Washington State +2 lose
Teaser--Duke +9x/USC +2 win
Teaser--Iowa/Texas lose
Teaser--Iowa/open lose
Teaser--Clemson -8x/Ohio St-Mich u 62x lose
Teaser--Oregon St +9/Washington St +8 lose
Strong lean Wash St, Ore State, Texas Tech. Lean Clemson, Kentucky

ESPN D-League Pickers:
Tyler Fulghum—(2-1) (21-16) 2021 (17-15)

Arkansas/Mizzou u 55x lose
Penn State -18 win
Utah -29x win

Greg McElroy—(1-2) (23-16)

Vandy +14 lose
Texas -8x win
Ohio St/Michigan u 64 lose

Joe Fortenbaugh—(3-0) (20-18) 2021 (25-33)

S Carolina/Clemson o 52 win
TCU -10 win
A Force -2 win

Doug Kezirian—(0-2) (17-24) 2021 (22-28)

LSU -10 lose
Vandy +14 lose
Tulsa/Houston o 67 tie

MLDog Pickers:
Bill Bender—(0-3) (15-24) 2021 (9-30)

Louisville lose
Nevada lose
Rice lose

Mike DeCourcy—(1-2) (14-25) 2021 (15-24)

Miami Fla lose
Indiana lose
Michigan win

Zac Al-Khateeb—(0-3) (7-32) 2021 (17-23)

S Carolina win
Michigan win
Coastal Carolina lose

Bill Trocci—(1-2) (10-29) 2021 (16-23)

Michigan win
Notre Dame lose
Georgia St lose

Last edited:
Jesus bear like mizzou? The way arky has played the last 2 weeks I’m not sure I see it. They bring that kind of effort I think they def the better team,. I’m not in a hurry to play them I just can’t see myself anywhere but Arkansas in that one.

I really like the egg bowl under 2marro night, 61 feels rather high to me considering the history here. Rebs have done a pretty good job keeping the air raid out the endzone, the previous meetings kiffen had Corrall to make plays thru the air when messy st slowed down the run game, messy run d is pretty strong once again amd I’m not real high on Dart having to throw. Can’t imagine this one all a sudden turns into a shootout, obviously they both gonna move the ball but I think we talking bout a game played in the mid-high 20s, not into the 30s.

Jesus bear like mizzou? The way arky has played the last 2 weeks I’m not sure I see it. They bring that kind of effort I think they def the better team,. I’m not in a hurry to play them I just can’t see myself anywhere but Arkansas in that one.

I really like the egg bowl under 2marro night, 61 feels rather high to me considering the history here. Rebs have done a pretty good job keeping the air raid out the endzone, the previous meetings kiffen had Corrall to make plays thru the air when messy st slowed down the run game, messy run d is pretty strong once again amd I’m not real high on Dart having to throw. Can’t imagine this one all a sudden turns into a shootout, obviously they both gonna move the ball but I think we talking bout a game played in the mid-high 20s, not into the 30s.
How about a side in the Egg Bowl. Either side interest you?

How about a side in the Egg Bowl. Either side interest you?

Not really. The noise around Kiffen has sucked the value out of messy st, I woulda prob liked them getting more than 3, wjere it sits now not so much. I guess if you made me I’d prob lean messy but I like the under a lot more.

Not able to do write ups in detaill. Still need to finish the podcast. Here is brief synopsis of what I recall re NCAA I have listened to:

Egg Bowl: Spent most time talking about Kiffin and it's effect on game. I looked a few hours ago & still do not see any official announcement. They really did not break down game too much. Seemed to lean Messy.

Fla vs FSt: Almost concession that Seminoles win, question is how much? Gators are going to have to score to have a chance but can they? Made me want to look at Seminoles TT

Ducks @ Beavers: Much depends on Nix's status. If he cannot run then he needs to get under center otherwise Beavers will stop the run game. They liked the Under 59

Michigan vs OhioSt: Bottom line they see too many injuries with Wolverines offense backs and JJ's unproven ability to pass effectively to give them much of a chance. While Buckeyes have notable injuries, they still have too much Offense for these guys to see anything but a win for Buckeyes. Insider said several times that "I see why there's interest in the Under" even though it is below key of 58. Powers and Insider @ time of broadcast were seeing some line movement towards Michigan (we now know it has actually gone to Buckeyes -8.5) and they even mentioned that if for some reason line was -6.5 they'd have to "bet my truck" on Ohio State. As indicated below, the UNDER 28.5 1H is their bet of the week.

ND @ USC: Powers is big ND fan (alum, I think). He is very down on Pyne as QB "as bad of QB play from ND as I have seen in a couple of decades." Insider: "The game plan for ND is obvious", beat USC in the trenches - ND has significant advantages of their O line vs USC D line. Suggest that the "only reason UCLA lost last week was 4 DTR turnovers." They expect ND line to manhandle USC line when Irish are on offense. ND slowed down OhioSt and they think ND can do the same to USC. ND pass rush is "at the upper level of anything USC has seen this season." Insider "did not upgrade USC after their win over UCLA...defense sucked again....PAC 12 offense was able to dominate a horrific PAC 12 defense, congratulations....Our core # is 3...now we at 6 it is intriguing....How you lose this game is if ND gets behind and is forced to throw." Powers is "fired up" for ND, but worried about Pyne having to throw....he is not on ND b/c of worries about Pyne.

Auburn v Bama: Is this last time we see Bryce in Bama uniform? Powers: "Could not be a bigger contrast in data than Auburn running game btw Harsin team and Cadillac's team." Powers said Bryce and Anderson will not play in Bama's bowl game! Insider does not see Auburn having much of a chance on offense. Game comes down to Bama carrying enuf offense to cover...questions motivation and nagging injuries. Can Bama run on Auburn?...Auburn can defend the pass. Insider says "line is a touch short...just do not know if Bama cares." Isider is not doing anything in this game.

UTEP vs UTSA: Powers thinks "opportunity here for UTEP +17.5." UTSA was in same place last year and losing to NTex. UTEP playing for bowl eligibility. Bottom line, Powers thinks UTEP may be worth a wager. He thinks UTEP back-up QB is an upgrade.

Best Bets:
Mich vs OhioSt 1H UNDER 28.5
;
NFL Commanders -2.5 -120 1H

Last edited:

Just in time for Thanksgiving, all of you can be thankful for the Outkick college football gambling picks. Because we had another good week — 9-5 — to push our record back above .500 on the season...70-69 on the season

Mississippi State at Ole Miss, the under 59.5 WIN

Baylor +8.5 at Texas LOSE

Arkansas at Mizzou, the under 55.5 LOSE

Nebraska at Iowa, the under 38.5 LOSE

Florida +10 at Florida State WIN

Michigan at Ohio State -7.5 LOSE

Georgia Tech +36.5 at Georgia WIN

South Carolina +14.5 at Clemson WIN

Louisville at Kentucky -2.5 and the under 43.5

Auburn +22.5 at Alabama

LSU at Texas A&M +10 and the under 47.5

Notre Dame at USC, the over 64

Tennessee at Vanderbilt, the over 64

Last edited:

Thu 24 | Night​

52°
67%
ENE 4 mph
Steady light rain this evening. Showers continuing overnight. Low 52F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 70%.

Three of the six pickers currently listed like Vandy. Pretty trending them 'Dores!

Posted Adam Kramer picks. He has slowed down the last few weeks, but still has the most wins
Clemson -14x
Oregon St +3
LSU -10
Texas Tech +2
JMU/Coastal Carolina o 53x
Missouri +3
Arizona/Az State o 65x
SMU -4x
Kentucky -3

Posted Adam Kramer picks. He has slowed down the last few weeks, but still has the most wins
Clemson -14x
Oregon St +3
LSU -10
Texas Tech +2
JMU/Coastal Carolina o 53x
Missouri +3
Arizona/Az State o 65x
SMU -4x
Kentucky -3

I really don’t get the mizzou love, is it just because they need the win to be bowl eligible? I’m really not into using that as a driving force for a play, I guess it hard to figure what Arkansas shows up but the team I’ve watched the last 2 weeks is better than mizzou.

I really don’t get the mizzou love, is it just because they need the win to be bowl eligible? I’m really not into using that as a driving force for a play, I guess it hard to figure what Arkansas shows up but the team I’ve watched the last 2 weeks is better than mizzou.

There is the key, which Arkansas shows up? The one that allowed 703 total yards vs Ole Miss? Or the one that nearly beat LSU without their team leader at QB?

If Arkansas were to be at their best, they are better team. But Mizzou isn't all that bad...played close with Tennessee for 2.5 quarters (4 pt game in the 3rd Q), could've beat UK, looked better than the final I think in beating South Carolina. Then they have some not so great games too...like the Vandy game, but then their other 3 SEC games were pretty close vs UF, UGA and Aub even though they lost all 3. Should've beat Auburn.

I’ve mentioned this in discussion thread, I wanted to like Tulane but don’t think this a good matchup for them. Cincy laying less than a fg at home just feels like the right play to me.

There is the key, which Arkansas shows up? The one that allowed 703 total yards vs Ole Miss? Or the one that nearly beat LSU without their team leader at QB?

If Arkansas were to be at their best, they are better team. But Mizzou isn't all that bad...played close with Tennessee for 2.5 quarters (4 pt game in the 3rd Q), could've beat UK, looked better than the final I think in beating South Carolina. Then they have some not so great games too...like the Vandy game, but then their other 3 SEC games were pretty close vs UF, UGA and Aub even though they lost all 3. Should've beat Auburn.

The loss to aub was beyond redic. Their defense is pretty solid but w a healthy Jefferson arky offense has more to offer than lot of teams they have slowed down. I hate mizzou offense, they still have mo real identity, I have no idea what ark d will look like but I just trust razorback offense more.

Ultimately mizzou stays in and wins games w their d, their 2 sec wins they held opponent to 14 and 10, the games they were in they kept teams in low 20s. I think arky will score at least 24 and could very well get to 30 in which case I don’t like mizzou chances: even against a suspect sec d I think they shoot themstoves in the foot enough on offense they will struggle to score more than 20ish.

17 feels like a ton of points but I’m not sure Utah st can score on boise? Not only do I have huge concerns for their offense vs boise d but you would think boise offense will totally control the game on the ground. Think Utah st team total under 17.5 only way I can play that game.

I’ve mentioned this in discussion thread, I wanted to like Tulane but don’t think this a good matchup for them. Cincy laying less than a fg at home just feels like the right play to me.
I agree. I've had good luck with Tulane this year, but Cincinnati feels right to me this week.

I agree. I've had good luck with Tulane this year, but Cincinnati feels right to me this week.

I just don’t think they match up well at all. Tulane needs the run game and cincy run d is really stout, when Tulane does throw they don’t protect Pratt and cincy can get after the qb. Feel like this line short cause Tulane easy to root for and has more support then they probably should here. As @s--k brought up In discussion thread these kind of games are nothing new for cincy where Tulane has had one other like this in their history vs ucf and lost. Maybe Tulane wins but this line just wrong imo, Cincy should be laying at least a fg at home I think.

I've been trying to decipher whether Arkansas shows up for this game all week. I can't see laying points with Arkansas on the road in this spot. The Hogs have played well on the road and I agree they are the better team if they show up, but I finally gave up and passed on this game. I think there are better games out there to risk money on

I've been trying to decipher whether Arkansas shows up for this game all week. I can't see laying points with Arkansas on the road in this spot. The Hogs have played well on the road and I agree they are the better team if they show up. I finally gave up and passed on this game.

I been back and forth on whether to play them also, it absolutely ark or nothing for me tho, I have no desire to back mizzou: every time I look I keep thinking razorbacks are gonna score 24+ and just don’t think mizzou can stay in a game they give up anything more than 24, pretty much every sec result says they not scoring more than 20ish, that just doesn’t feel like enough to me in this one if Jefferson healthy.

The team I like most tomorrow is Iowa. That's a lot of points to lay with a team that can't score, but their D just got better and better as the year went on, especially at home, and I expect at least one score from the D tomorrow. And Iowa is playing for a slot in the Big 10 title game. Problem is, Iowa always beats Nebraska, but they almost never beat them by double digits.

I'm always biased in favor of Iowa at home so I try and figure that in, but I'm going to bet Iowa unless something comes up before game time that changes my mind.

Last edited:
The team I like most tomorrow is Iowa. That's a lot of points to lay with a team that can't score, but their D just got better and better as the year went on, especially at home, and I expect at least one score from the D tomorrow. And Iowa is playing for a slot in the Big 10 title game.

I'm always biased in favor of Iowa at home so I try and figure that in, but I'm going to bet Iowa unless something comes up before game time that changes my mind.

Neb team total under maybe?

Mizzou team total is 26.5 juiced to over. That feels crazy to me, they havnt scored that in a sec game all year! Ark is 30.5, if they hit that I feel pretty confident they cover. Im
Seeing all these ppl on that under and kinda thinking this might be higher scoring than ppl think. The fact they opened this at 56 should give ppl pause on the under I think.

Here's the latest weather forecast for this week. 50 and only 9 mph wind at Iowa is like Summer for that place. Doesn't look like bad weather anywhere for the Friday games although the Florida State/Florida weather looks like a replay of Ole Miss/Miss State tonight

Yeah, I was looking at that and was looking at maybe Iowa in a teaser as well. Anything to avoid that hook. Giving that extra half point with Iowa is like giving 4 points to a normal team.

Not sure how great I would feel w iowa-10.5 if corn scores 14+ Anyways. Ohio st and Michigan the only 2 teams they have given up more than 13 to all year, damn, that impressive!!

So looking like I’ll be on Utah st and corn team totals under 17.5 and 13.5, shit, I won’t wanna be watching those, I’ll be freaking out every time one of them gets to the 40! Lol

SVP Winners

Ga Southern +4x
Oreg St +3
Wash St +1x
Texas Tech +2
Ga State +6
Tulsa +12x
Cal +10x
Missouri +4
Ariz St +3x
NC St +6x

I looked at that Fla State line and thought the same thing you did.

But I won a couple of times with Florida this year taking big points when they lost, but still stayed close to Georgia and Tennessee, both of them on the road.

I don't know enough about Florida State to know if they can cover that kind of spread.

I’ll prob end up taking the +15 with Wyoming and that bout all my Friday thoughts, and I really like asu Valladay ov 108.5 rush yards. He should chew up zona crappy run d.

I looked at that Fla State line and thought the same thing you did.

But I won a couple of times with Florida this year taking big points when they lost, but still stayed close to Georgia and Tennessee, both of them on the road.

I don't know enough about Florida State to know if they can cover that kind of spread.

Im not thrilled bout laying that much in this kind of rivalry either. I have liked fsu all year, if they wernt all beat up during their toughest stretch of acc play I think they woulda won 2 of those 3 and ppl be looking at them as a potential playoff team going to acc championship. I think they really good, Travis has become such a good qb, i loved the Norvell hire, it took him awhile but it was a mess when he got there, think he on cusp of having them back. I absolutely think line justified and they capable of winning by dd but I like gators coach also, his qb just needs to take the leap Travis did next year. Lot of points but it fsu or nothing, I do fear a win/non cover tho.

I didht freaking realize cincy qb might not play. That blows, sounds like it gonna be a game time decision. Guess that explains line.

I didht freaking realize cincy qb might not play. That blows, sounds like it gonna be a game time decision. Guess that explains line.

I think Bryant has been 'ok' this year, but I also think they will probably have somebody better next year. Whether that is the current backup who might start today, I don't know. I wonder how much of some of their offensive struggles might be connected to Bryant as a QB - a couple good games, but some unimpressive and struggling ones as well. Just not sure if Prather is a drop-off or about the same, or better? He didn't win the job so not sure better. I don't follow any recruiting stuff but this line was in a sports illustrated article "Prater is the highest-ranked offensive recruit in the 247Sports era"

I think Bryant has been 'ok' this year, but I also think they will probably have somebody better next year. Whether that is the current backup who might start today, I don't know. I wonder how much of some of their offensive struggles might be connected to Bryant as a QB - a couple good games, but some unimpressive and struggling ones as well. Just not sure if Prather is a drop-off or about the same, or better? He didn't win the job so not sure better. I don't follow any recruiting stuff but this line was in a sports illustrated article "Prater is the highest-ranked offensive recruit in the 247Sports era"

Hmm, I don’t pay attention to recruiting stuff either, just assume if he was better he woulda been playing. Like you said Bryant aimt great so I don’t have a ton of desire to back a kid who couldn’t beat him out for the job.

Florida is one of the games I might moneyline. They are not ideal, but few of these kinds of medium sized upsets can be called ideal before the game.

I think noles a really good team and Travis playing qb at a super high level, I don’t think he lets them lose. Really don’t see it but stranger things have happened. Imo noles are prob one the 12 best teams in the country at the moment. I’m pretty sure I’ll be backing them in whatever bowl game they in, I’d like to back them here but is a lot of points for a in-state rival.

Finished Bet the Board above - Post #5

Interesting comments on Michigan/OhioSt, ND/USC, Iron Bowl and UTEP/UTSA

Sounds like Bryant isn’t gonna play, I’ve read some the things about Prater being the highest ranked recruit in school history but again it not like Bryant been amazing and he couldn’t win the job? Maybe he wasn’t really given the opportunity? Either way he now gonna make his 1st college start in th biggest game the year against a pretty good Tulane d? I still lean cincy cause I think their d matches up really well with Tulane offense but now the line makes way more sense to me, I thought less than -3 was way short but without their qb it probably right: I gotta just leave it alone now.

I didn't catch that either. Changes my outlook on that game.

I just read Bryant finished for the season so it will be Prater, he super highly thought of, brings a running threat Bryant did not, has played some meaningful snaps and done well but tough game for his 1st start: I still like cincy I think, im certainly not flipping to Tulane but think I gotta just pass.

I have bet this so far:

Seminoles TT Over 33.5
Longhorns TT Over 31.5
Rutgers +14.5
N Texas -14 (Rice is banged up and I now forgot what all I read)
Wake -3.5 (iffy on this one)
OU -2
LSU -9
BYU -6.5 (straight tail on Stanford Steve who usually has good insight into Stanford)

Parlay paying a little over 4:1
Iowa ML -400/ Buckeye ML -340/KY -2.5 -140/ BYU -6 -120

Sounds like Bryant isn’t gonna play, I’ve read some the things about Prater being the highest ranked recruit in school history but again it not like Bryant been amazing and he couldn’t win the job? Maybe he wasn’t really given the opportunity? Either way he now gonna make his 1st college start in th biggest game the year against a pretty good Tulane d? I still lean cincy cause I think their d matches up really well with Tulane offense but now the line makes way more sense to me, I thought less than -3 was way short but without their qb it probably right: I gotta just leave it alone now.
Same here. When a starting QB is out I prefer to just pass the game unless it is a situation like Oklahoma had last year where Williams was backup even though everyone knew he was better than Rattler. Only thing I've bet so far is a teaser with Iowa as the first team.

Clay Travis:

Mississippi State at Ole Miss, the under 59.5 WIN

Baylor +8.5 at Texas LOSE

Arkansas at Mizzou, the under 55.5 LOSE

Nebraska at Iowa, the under 38.5 LOSE

Florida +10 at Florida State WIN

Michigan at Ohio State -7.5

Georgia Tech +36.5 at Georgia

South Carolina +14.5 at Clemson

Louisville at Kentucky -2.5 and the under 43.5

Auburn +22.5 at Alabama

LSU at Texas A&M +10 and the under 47.5

Notre Dame at USC, the over 64

Tennessee at Vanderbilt, the over 64

I'll try to keep up with this here if I remember. He's 1-0 so far.

He's 2-3 so far

Last edited:
Same here. When a starting QB is out I prefer to just pass the game unless it is a situation like Oklahoma had last year where Williams was backup even though everyone knew he was better than Rattler. Only thing I've bet so far is a teaser with Iowa as the first team.
As of now I’m just on the Utah st tt under 17.5, neb tt un 13.5, and Valladay ov 108.5 rush yards. Not sure if I’ll have any sides today or not? Like several 2marro.

I'll try to keep up with this here if I remember. He's 1-0 so far.

Stole my favorite total of weekend! Lol. I waited and got better number, had to know that would get bet up. I was pretty nervous that went to ot after Rodgers dumb ass tried fumbling game away and they got to 31 each in ot hae ol miss tied it. The way it was going in red zone I was hopeful they still stay under in ot but glad didn’t have to sweat thru it!

I have bet this so far:

Seminoles TT Over 33.5
Longhorns TT Over 31.5
Rutgers +14.5
N Texas -14 (Rice is banged up and I now forgot what all I read)
Wake -3.5 (iffy on this one)
OU -2
LSU -9
BYU -6.5 (straight tail on Stanford Steve who usually has good insight into Stanford)

Parlay paying a little over 4:1
Iowa ML -400/ Buckeye ML -340/KY -2.5 -140/ BYU -6 -120
That Texas/Baylor game interests me. I've been off on Texas all year because I didn't think they were as good as they've proved to be. I lean Texas but it's more a feeling than handicapping.

I like your idea of Texas tt over more than I like laying the points

@2daBank - Critique my selections Post 42) if you see any that you thinks are really wrong

I havnt really got deep into many of 2marro’s games. No strong opinion on todays, I like idea of noles team total over, I might join you on that. I have no idea what texas/baylor looks like, ya’ll do way better w bears games than I do! When I get home from casino I’ll try to get into them a bit more.

That Texas/Baylor game interests me. I've been off on Texas all year because I didn't think they were as good as they've proved to be. I lean Texas but it's more a feeling than handicapping.

I like your idea of Texas tt over more than I like laying the points
Think they will score at home...going to be rainy in Austin, actually may help them?

Back