ECF's Discussion: Celtics vs Heat

In their last matchup Smart shot 3/15 and was bad plus minus. Horford had 6 points and was -14.

Lowry shot 6/12 from 3.

Both White and Theis had good plus minus!

Game 2 opens Miami -4.

Feels like getting 4pts with the Celts is too much. I'd like to see an update on Smart and Horford tho

Game 2 opens Miami -4.

Feels like getting 4pts with the Celts is too much. I'd like to see an update on Smart and Horford tho
Yes I would too. I had told myself that regardless of who won game 1, I’d be playing Celts for series at the much better price. However, I would like to know the status of those 2 before I make that play

Yes I would too. I had told myself that regardless of who won game 1, I’d be playing Celts for series at the much better price. However, I would like to know the status of those 2 before I make that play
Early reports suggest Smart may be back but Horford is unlikely for game 2.

Tatum ceiling is best player in the league but Jimmy is on a roll.

C’s lose this next game and series and championship have a ton of value. If they flip the script I could see them not losing a game after that.

Hit his hand first, not ball

Could've broke Tatum's hand (think that was his intent actually)

He absolutely hit the ball first. You can tell (through the bias) by where the ball defected. Had he hit the hand first, the ball wouldn’t have gone directly back the way it did. That wasn’t even close either, it was clearly ball first.

TF at the yadda yadda?

I'm the biggest Jimmy Buckets fan on here but Tatum is better (slightly tho)
He may be on his way, Tatum is, he has the potential….but Jimmy’s been around the block, let’s live to still respect skins on the wall

He absolutely hit the ball first. You can tell (through the bias) by where the ball defected. Had he hit the hand first, the ball wouldn’t have gone directly back the way it did. That wasn’t even close either, it was clearly ball first.
That's still a foul

He may be on his way, Tatum is, he has the potential….but Jimmy’s been around the block, let’s live to still respect skins on the wall

Jimmy’s never been a top 10 guy tho. This is recency bias for a likable veteran. He did nothing on the Bulls Wolves or 76ers to be considered a superstar. Great playoff run but if Tatum’s career is that of Jimmy’s that’s a massive disappointment as 3 teams have cut bait with Jimmy.

Coin flip call but by the better of the law it’s not a foul. I can’t see long enough to see if there’s additional contact

Except in that case he got the ball first so any additional contact isn’t a foul. And we know he got the ball first based on how it deflected.

Ah yeah that’s a tough one. He’s still hitting his hand on what is now a rejected follow through. I think it’s a foul but it’s hard to make that call

Not taking anything away from my guy Jimmy either @jedi ninja - and probably wouldn't have mattered anyways in the outcome since he was a savage down the stretch. But that's a foul lol

Now seeing the whole thing, even Tatum didn’t ask for a foul…at all. If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that NBA guys are ALWAYS asking for foul calls…so if he didn’t even say one word there we can safely assume even he knew it was a clean block.
He motioned to Ime to review it, but he's saving all his challenges for the finals

:bballspin:basketball 101 bro

Not taking anything away from my guy Jimmy either @jedi ninja - and probably wouldn't have mattered anyways in the outcome since he was a savage down the stretch. But that's a foul lol

But how can you still say that? Do you not agree hand is part of the ball (even if you think Butler hit hand before ball)? Do you not agree with physics (how the ball deflected when hit)? Or are you just fan boy trolling? It’s cool if you are, just wanna make sure. Lol

But how can you still say that? Do you not agree hand is part of the ball (even if you think Butler hit hand before ball)? Do you not agree with physics (how the ball deflected when hit)? Or are you just fan boy trolling? It’s cool if you are, just wanna make sure. Lol
Not fan boy trolling, I'll take it to my grave saying he was fouled.

Hell I'll have it in my will that I want it etched on my tombstone

Not fan boy trolling, I'll take it to my grave saying he was fouled.

Hell I'll have it in my will that I want it etched on my tombstone

Where was he fouled? The hand after the block, is that what you’re claiming? Just trying to understand what you’re seeing.

He did it after

Gotcha. That’s not a foul. You want me to look that one up for you too? You don’t get penalized for cleanly blocking a shot and then following through to the shooter’s hand. Body, potentially yes. Hand on hand AFTER a clean block…no chance.

Gotcha. That’s not a foul. You want me to look that one up for you too? You don’t get penalized for cleanly blocking a shot and then following through to the shooter’s hand. Body, potentially yes. Hand on hand AFTER a clean block…no chance.
For your beach trips

Jeesh that got a lot of people going lol. I’m referring to this series/playoffs for this year, right now that Jimmy > Tatum. Before the series everyone and their mom was saying Tatum was no doubt the best player in the series and Boston had the best 2 players in the series.

Jimmy is 32 and Tatum is 24. With how good Tatum already is, Tatum is going to be much better and have a much better career than Jimmy

Jimmy Butler now extends his lead over LeBron James with 5 40 point playoff games in his time with the Heat

Back