Eastern Conference Finals discussion thread

Ivy, i will take Indiana to go at least 6 or win the series...if miami wins 4-0 or 4-1, you win, any other result i win

$100...payable by paypal after the series is over

want it?
this and the dollar amount is on you

twink and tazz...

you ARE talking about even money right?...I'm cool with even money for that proposition...

just confirm that's what you want and i'll propose a price

i just saw tazz was in for even money (missed that post) so i assume twink is the same...

if it is..

i'll go $100 with each of you...

just confirm and we got a bet...100/100 via paypal each...i'm in, and i'm confirmed...BOL

oh yeah, you can trust me...i've sent and received paypals from a decent amount of members here...paid and collected bets before

yup, bet confirmed...$100, makes it more interesting to watch the series...good luck...think indi gives them a fight

i'll bet you on the okc/spurs series too?...i know you like spurs...i'll take oklahoma to win or take it to 7..so you need spurs 4-0, 4-1, 4-2, 4-3...even money again?

I think Indiana has played 2 far superior teams in terms of talent/form with Hawks/Wizards vs. the Bobcats (Jeff was hurt) and the Nets who actually outplayed the Heat most of the time, for most of the games.

If the NBA wasn't pushing the Heat for a 3 peat I certainly think Indiana wins the series. David West is unguardable right now and the lack of Mike Miller will show up at some point. A far less experienced, less talented, Pacers team almost took this Heat team out last year. And the Heat were wayy better last season.

The Nets probably shot 40% on wide open jumpers. They were all over the place. D Will played like I knew he would, he's hot garbage and they still almost had the Heat beat in 2-3 games.

After thinking about this series, I think that Pacers get it done in 6 or 7 games. Will write few more thoughts later on.

quick thoughts/ my .02

The difference in the last 2 series is the point guard play of Wall and Teague - 2 of the fastest guards with the ball in their hands,, to drive and kick out,, miami doesn't have that so I don't think the game will go at the pace the those other 2 were trying to push which helps the Pacers and while i have no evidence to prove it, i think Pacers may have been looking ahead to this series and i just feel the Pacers will come to play in it.

I think that Pacers are a lot more ready for Miami, than the other way around.

Heat played first gear and still won the first two series 8 - 1 and only in two of their 8 wins the rivals really came at least a bit close to upset. Indiana waited for this moment for the whole season. I think they will be ready to go and they match up the Heat really well.

As for the Heat, I somehow feel that they can get a bit complacent in the first game or maybe even in the second.
Indiana played horrible at home the first two rounds and looked like a shell of themselves.

Pacers should roll in Game 1 I think.

I dont see what you guys see in Indiana. Pacers have looked like crap for 2 months. If it wasnt for George draining threes and West hitting 90% on long jumpers, thry dont beat the Wiz.

They just cant score.

But Pacers never were about their offense. In their prime, they never were a Top 10 team on offense. Their defense on the other hand, when they are at their best, is just a defense that you can't get a good look against.

But Pacers never were about their offense. In their prime, they never were a Top 10 team on offense. Their defense on the other hand, when they are at their best, is just a defense that you can't get a good look against.

But the Heat can get stops too, especially vs a team that can't score. And if one team needs to score, Miami is more likely to create a good shot.

you guys seem to think Hibbert has "returned." He's 6-15 with 15 points and 9 rebounds in 60 min last 2 games.

When Boston made the 07-08 finals (as a 66-16 team, and lost to the Lakers after being 3-2 up), they lost "3 FUCKING games to Atlanta." in a 1st Rnd series prior to making & winning the Conference Finals. Atlanta that regular season went 37-45. Atlanta this past reg. season went 38-44, to Indy's 56-26. If Indy has no right to lose 3 fucking 1st Rnd games to Atlanta & expect to win the Conf. finals, what right did Boston have as a team with a superior record to Indy's, facing an even worse Atlanta team than what Indy did? Indy didn't lose to Atlanta or Washington whenever they had their backs to the wall (both opponents failed to win a game played at a time when they led their respective series), that's the stat that matters to me from Indy's series to date.

if i am remembering correctly boston went 7 games every series till the finals where they beat lakers in 6

• Evan Turner will miss the Eastern Conference Finals opener with strep throat, the Pacers announced less than an hour before tipoff. Turner has struggled as a reserve in the postseason, averaging 3.5 points in 13.2 minutes in 11 appearances. Rookie Solomon Hill will be active for the first time in the playoffs.

• Though the cores of the respective teams meeting for the third consecutive year in the playoffs are essentially the same, something about this series is very different for Miami: the Heat is opening on the road for just the third time in the LeBron James era. “The immediate challenge for us right now is Game 1 on the road and that’s the first time we’ve had to do this in this playoff run,” Coach Erik Spoelstra said before the game. “We understand we’re going into a place that’s tough to win. Our guys embrace that type of challenge, but it’s different.” Miami lost its last two road openers, to Chicago in the 2011 conference finals and Oklahoma City in the 2012 Finals, but in both cases bounced back to win the next four games.

• Indiana has struggled at home this postseason, going 3-4, including losses in both series openers. The Pacers are 5-1 on the road, having already set a franchise record for road wins in a single postseason. “The first two rounds made it clear to us that being home doesn’t guarantee anything,” said Coach Frank Vogel. “We’ve got to go out and win a game.”

• Because of the rivalry between these teams, Spoelstra said he expects today’s game to be tightly officiated to deter extra-curricular activities. “Both teams understand that it’s decided in-between the lines,” he said. “I really don’t anticipate anything. It’ll be hotly contested, it’ll be extremely physical, nobody’s going to give anything up but everybody understands the consequences and understands the big picture with it. Stability, in a big series like this, is critical.”

• Spoelstra had no response to Lance Stephenson’s suggestion after practice Saturday he planned to be aggressive with Dwyane Wade, “have him running around, make his knee flare up or something.” When asked about Stephenson’s comment, Spoelstra said, “You’re asking definitely the wrong guy. We don’t get into that. It’ll be decided between the four lines.”

• Spoelstra said Wade enters the series with “no restrictions” on his playing time. He has played all nine postseason games thus far, averaging 34.3 minutes, 17.9 points, 4.0 assists and 3.6 rebounds.

• The home team has won the last eight meetings between these teams. Miami has won 14 of its last 15 series when winning Game 1. Indiana is 10-2 when winning Game 1, 4-10 otherwise.

• The Pacers will start their usual lineup of George Hill, Stephenson, Paul George, David West and Roy Hibbert. Andrew Bynum and Turner (strep throat) are inactive.

• Spoelstra is sticking with the small lineup he used against the Nets in the second round with Shane Battier joining Mario Chalmers, Wade, James and Chris Bosh. Justin Hamilton and Greg Oden are inactive.

dont be surprised to see techs called today in order to take control of the game.... game one sets a tone for the rest of the series

Heat will dismember them in the 2nd. Have to make the statement to Pacers that we can beat you in your house!!!!

No way can Indy keep shooting at such a high clip. Halftime break should cool them off, Heat stay within 8 heading in and I'll live with it. James needs to get going.

Pacers not built to sustain 'hotness'.

Hotness Lucy > Pacer offense
Lucy%20Pinder%202012%20Calendar%2012_2.jpg

Back