Draftkings/Fanduel week 10 discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Here's my team: (Let me know if I should take someone out)

QB
Blake Bortles
JAC @ BALthis Sunday 1pm EST

RB
Lamar Miller
MIA @ PHIthis Sunday 1pm EST

RB
Adrian Peterson
MIN @ OAKthis Sunday 4:05pm EST

WR
Allen Robinson

WR
Julian Edelman
NE @ NYGthis Sunday 4:25pm EST

WR
Kamar Aiken
BAL v JACthis Sunday 1pm EST

TE
Jordan Reed
WAS v NOthis Sunday 1pm EST

K
Chris Boswell
PIT v CLEthis Sunday 1pm EST

D
Denver Broncos
DEN v KCthis Sunday 4:25pm EST

Last edited by a moderator:
draftkings

[TABLE="class: dk-grid"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]QB[/TD]
[TD]B. Bortles[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD]J. Forsett[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD]L. Miller[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD]B. Cooks[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD]E. Decker[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD]A. Green[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TE[/TD]
[TD]B. Watson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FLEX[/TD]
[TD]R. Cobb[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DST[/TD]
[TD]Vikings[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I like the Allen Robinson and Reed plays, they are both on my radar. Unless it's a qb/rb stack I hate playing 2 players on the same team as I'm always looking for max touches. That being said Blount is a solid play and Edelman could get a ton of targets...

I like the Allen Robinson and Reed plays, they are both on my radar. Unless it's a qb/rb stack I hate playing 2 players on the same team as I'm always looking for max touches. That being said Blount is a solid play and Edelman could get a ton of targets...

you're right I am taking out blount.

Lex I gotta say I strongly disagree with this. Lots of the guys who made mad money last week are the guys who loaded up on steelers and raiders. If you think a team is going to hae an offensive explosion, load up on em

Gotta consider Cousins this week, no?

I cashed out all my money in Fan Duel and Draft kings. Realized being up $500 was enough, and that playing these weekly fantasy games was causing me to lose the love of the fantasy leagues I am in with my family and friends :mean1:

Cancelled in NY. And I'm not mad... fuck these greedy pricks. 10% is way too much a take for merely having a program setup.

For QBs I like Cousins, Bortles, and Rodgers. I am going to stack Reed with Cousins, Robinson with Bortles, and Cobb with Rodgers. I always like to see the FD Thursday ownership numbers as they give us a hint as to which picks are most popular (so my picks may change).

I am struggling with who to play at RB this week.

There's a thread on this i nthe fantasy sections

I think lafell can be a nice cheap play in a lineup.

cousins/reed in a lineup as well fo sho

Man I scored 202 points last week with one line up and all I won was a measly $35. It was in the $20 entry to the millionaire maker.

Man I scored 202 points last week with one line up and all I won was a measly $35. It was in the $20 entry to the millionaire maker.

I would love to know how many of your players beat the respective over/under props on 5dimes. Maybe I'll save this weeks lines and check back on some of the line ups you guys have

My best lineup hit 228 last week and has $100 as my payout. You really have to hit on everything, but need to be convinced on some lock plays and ride them in every lineup with a few variables. That's my strategy at least. I roll out 3-4 different QB/WRorTE stacks with a lot of the same players otherwise. Denver D killed me or I could have won big in all mine

Here's my team: (Let me know if I should take someone out)

QB
Blake Bortles

RB
Lamar Miller
MIA @ PHIthis Sunday 1pm EST

RB
Adrian Peterson
MIN @ OAKthis Sunday 4:05pm EST

WR
Allen Robinson

WR
Julian Edelman
NE @ NYGthis Sunday 4:25pm EST

WR
Kamar Aiken
BAL v JACthis Sunday 1pm EST

TE
Jordan Reed
WAS v NOthis Sunday 1pm EST

K
Chris Boswell
PIT v CLEthis Sunday 1pm EST

D
Denver Broncos
DEN v KCthis Sunday 4:25pm EST

Not a fan of the rbs. Both defenses are near the top vs rbs, both your guys are on the road and both their teams are underdogs. While I certainly make plenty of exceptions, I really like my rbs to be playing at home in games they are favored.

Also don't like Edelman. He has a nice floor but he just doesn't have that wr1 upside for the week the other guys prices around him do

For RBs I was thinking Demarco, Blount, Starks, Doug Martin in that order. Any other thoughts?

My lineups so far:

[TABLE="width: 296"]
<thead style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD]Pos[/TD]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]FPPG[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD]QB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Blake Bortles[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]21.4[/TD]
[TD="class: last, align: center"]swap out[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Jeremy Langford[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]6.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]D. Williams Q[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]12.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Randall Cobb[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]15.4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Amari Cooper Q[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]17.8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Allen Robinson[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]19.1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TE[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Jordan Reed[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]16.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FLEX[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Eric Decker P[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]16.9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DST[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Steelers[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]7.7[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody><tfoot style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4, align: center"] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tfoot>[/TABLE]

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[/TR]
</tbody><thead style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD]Pos[/TD]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD]QB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Aaron Rodgers[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]22.6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Jeremy Langford[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]6.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]D. Williams Q[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Michael Crabtree[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]18.1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FLEX[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Brandon LaFell[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]10.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DST[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Steelers[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]7.7

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

For RBs I was thinking Demarco, Blount, Starks, Doug Martin in that order. Any other thoughts?

Like Gurley (Bears give up 4.7 ypc), DeAngelo Williams (volume touches, Cleveland rush defense), Mark Ingram (WA L4 gms to RBs... 734 yds 5.34ypc with 5 tds)

Kirk Cousins was the lowest owned QB in the fanduel Thursday tourney. Top 7 were Brady, Cam, Dalton, Brees, Bortles, Rodgers, Carr in that order.

I would love to know how many of your players beat the respective over/under props on 5dimes. Maybe I'll save this weeks lines and check back on some of the line ups you guys have

he would have a worse payout... 10 o/u's at 2 bucks per... won 35... would have won 18

Like Gurley (Bears give up 4.7 ypc), DeAngelo Williams (volume touches, Cleveland rush defense), Mark Ingram (WA L4 gms to RBs... 734 yds 5.34ypc with 5 tds)

probably nothing but dwill did not practice wednesday (normal) with a swollen foot. just don't think they can give him 30+ every week, but with Ben out they probably have to this week

Here's my first DK lineup. Like the RBs with volume/reception options and good matchups; Shorts is value at 3,000 and opposite Hopkins; had Blount in but replaced with Robinson at flex. Will have Blount in another lineup I'm sure. Haven't used Gurley (yet) but he's sure appealing against Bears. Had Alshon in but took out given the strength of Rams D.

I've been doing about four lineups, $200 or so invested. Last couple weeks been going five $10 games, roughly, for each, as I saw someone surmise that the big players with the programs that pick the best lineups are in the $50 and $100 games. Theoretically, I'm going against more beginners. Been treading water for the most part.

<thead style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD]Pos[/TD]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD]QB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Kirk Cousins[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]16.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Darren McFadden[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]12.7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]D. Williams P[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]O. Beckham Jr.[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]21.0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Mike Evans[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]14.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Cecil Shorts III P[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TE[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Tyler Eifert[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]17.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FLEX[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DST[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Raiders[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]5.8[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Will add that Evans concerned me at first because he dropped five balls last week, but he also was targeted an absurd amount of times, 19. Jackson's out and two of Evans' last three games have been huge.

Lineup No. 2.

<thead style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD]Pos[/TD]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD]QB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Eli Manning[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]19.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]L. Blount[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]12.8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]D. Williams P[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Stefon Diggs[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]18.6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Mike Evans[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]14.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FLEX[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Mark Ingram[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]17.7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DST[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Raiders[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]5.8[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Just made 1 fanduel lineup quickly, most likely going to change it again sunday morning as well as have added others by then, but

qb- cousins
rb- d. williams
rb- d. murray
wr- b. lafell
wr- d. thomas
wr- r. cobb
te- j. reed
k- gostowski
def- panthers

lineup still has 1k leftover.

I think cousins needs to be considered in most lineups for how inexpensive he is. it is definitely the highest bang for your buck play.

thought about forsett/dougie martin/starks at rb,

thought about jarvis, robinson, garcon (if not reed) and mathews, at wr (as well as the obvious sanders beating dt, and edelman beating lafell),

thought about only gronk at te, if i had the salary, think reed is the way to go in all lineups. barnidge and olsen are fine plays but again, reed is the cheapest, they have the tt projected at 25. or talk me out of reed somebody, I know walkers game was fluky vs the saints last week with him catching 3 tipped passes for mostly big gains.

Just made 1 fanduel lineup quickly, most likely going to change it again sunday morning as well as have added others by then, but

qb- cousins
rb- d. williams
rb- d. murray
wr- b. lafell
wr- d. thomas
wr- r. cobb
te- j. reed
k- gostowski
def- panthers

lineup still has 1k leftover.

I think cousins needs to be considered in most lineups for how inexpensive he is. it is definitely the highest bang for your buck play.

thought about forsett/dougie martin/starks at rb,

thought about jarvis, robinson, garcon (if not reed) and mathews, at wr (as well as the obvious sanders beating dt, and edelman beating lafell),

thought about only gronk at te, if i had the salary, think reed is the way to go in all lineups. barnidge and olsen are fine plays but again, reed is the cheapest, they have the tt projected at 25. or talk me out of reed somebody, I know walkers game was fluky vs the saints last week with him catching 3 tipped passes for mostly big gains.

that's a really solid team. Im really torn on Dwill and fading him as of now simply because of the high ownership and I just think Ben being out takes so much away from that offense I see little to no chance of Dwill being one of the top rbs. Hes extremely safe for 15-20 and can obviously go 30+ again vs the Browns horrendous run D but Im just not sure I see the TDs there this week.

I like Forsett a lot and think he has a legit chance to be the rb1 this week. Jags have been wrecked by rbs on the road and the ravens offense has no one else to run the offense through with smith out. So it comes down to risk tolerance, I think Dwills range is likely 15-25 and I think Forsetts range is 8-35. They are both at home and favored but the Jags havent won on the road since '13 and Pit doesn't have Ben so I'm taking the risky route of heavy forsett this week.

I can't believe DMC hasnt been mentioned in this thread. Cheap and getting an insane amount of touches behind the best O-line in the league. I guess people feel Tampa has a good run D but they have really only faced 2 real rbs all year

Cousins - Totally agree, he will be my highest owned QB. I like Reed and am using him but sparingly. By all accounts Desean is 100% and they want to get him going and he can eat up a lot of Cousins yards leaving Reed pretty td dependent in my mind. Im heaviest gronk with some reed and ebron mixed in. Ive also been horrendous picking tight ends the last month.

Dont change your team on account of my input but if you want to make another one and mix my input with yours heres what I came up with on fanduel for you(i dont play fd)

Cousins
forsett
dmc
dt
cobb
desean
gronk
gotskowski
panthers

PS I get 10% if anyone wins 100k+ with this lineup

I can't believe DMC hasnt been mentioned in this thread. Cheap and getting an insane amount of touches behind the best O-line in the league. I guess people feel Tampa has a good run D but they have really only faced 2 real rbs all year

I have DMC in the lineup above and explained that I like his volume of work, plus pass-catching options in DK. Cobb -- who I considered but backed off on seeing his lack of production -- and Desean seem risky. I think Cobb is due for a bounce back game, and there's plenty of possibility this week, but it's a bit boom or bust imho. Good luck.

Belichick will probably try and take out Beckman.

Perhaps. The best receiver NE has faced was A. Brown in Wk 1, and he had 133 yards and a touch with 8 or 9 catches. Marshall, J. Landry, A. Robinson were next best and they were marginal. Don't know how much focus any of them received. Not real enamored with the WR options this week with Julio, K. Allen out, Landry Jones throwing to A. Brown, Jeffrey with bad matchup against Rams. Same with Hopkins vs. Cincy.

Here's a team focusing on highest scoring team/game projection. Heavy on Pats, with Cobb, Starks, Snead thrown in from other top-3 scoring games.

[TD]Pos[/TD]
[TD]Player[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]QB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Tom Brady[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]27.8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]L. Blount[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]12.8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Darren McFadden[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]12.7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Stefon Diggs[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]18.6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WR[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Willie Snead P[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]13.7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TE[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Rob Gronkowski[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]20.9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FLEX[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]James Starks[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]11.1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DST[/TD]
[TD="class: p-name"]Browns[/TD]
[TD="class: pts, align: right"]5.9[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Jags run defense is solid.

3.2 ypc

People said the same thing about oakland last week but you always have to put the stats in perspective. Jags have given up 50+ to rbs in 2 of their 4 road games this year, they havent won on the road since '13, they give up a lot of receptions and yardage to rbs and steve smith leaves a huge hole for targets on the ravens. I think Forsett has a 8-16 range just for his passing stats. One more fun fact, Forsett has rushed for 100+ in every game he has had 20+ carries since the start of last year. What better time to feed your rb than coming out of a bye rested at home with smith out for the year. Goaline vultures will be the only thing holding forsett back from a huge game tomorrow

They also have those awful yardage and reception stats vs rbs despite facing gore, ivory, and j stew who are more or less non existent in the pass game.

one final thought and let me first say I am way overdue for a bad week so I could very well totally whiff this week. With that being said, you have to be a forward thinker in this game, you cant chase last weeks numbers on medicore players. Its extremely rare for non superstars to put up back to back monster games and far too many people chase the previous weeks stats. You can almost guarantee that the Fanduel Thursday ownership percentages will very closely align with who had big weeks the prior week. Best example this week, (in my opinion) is crabtree. Absolutely insane he is the 2nd highest owned wr on Thursday. They are favored at home in a low scoring game and 30% of his routes hes running into the brick wall Munnerlyn and a very good secondary overall. Personally, I wouldnt waste a wr spot on crabtree this week if he was min price.( I made a similar prediction on Diggs a few weeks ago and he came up with around 20 with some late game production).

Those are my thoughts for the week.

I would also add 1 final prop, desean jackson receptions and yardage over

Am I crazy to think a Landry jones/Martavis stack could be worth a shot on one team? No Haden/Whitner long ball could come into play.

Jones
Murray
Forsett
Bryant
DT
Diggs
Gronk
Nugent
Panthers

last time he came into a game for vick, it was 2 big tds for bryant

and i remember that tricera, he really did nothing until a late td (diggs)

done with my 5 lineups.... as follows;

qb- cousins......cousins...p.manning.bortles...cousins
rb- d. williams..dmc......martin......martin....forsett
rb- d. murray...forsett....starks......dmc......d.wills
wr- b. lafell.....desean....lafell......robinson..beckham
wr- d. thomas.. dt.........dt...........dt..........dt
wr- r. cobb..... cobb......cobb........cobb......cobb
te- j. reed...... gronk.....grono......reed.......reed
k- tucker........ tucker....tucker.....tucker....novak
def- panthers... panthers.panthers.panthers.bears

I hope I dont regret not thinking about blount, jarvis, or jordan matthews.

Also hope the wrs I took are obviously the go to of there teams (no sander,hurns,edelman,garcon plz)....

bol everyone!

Im taking starks in all leagues, and then dwills/dmc/martin/forsett/demacro 1 time in each. sticking with dt, and cobb, but now i can upgrade the 3rd wr spot...

let's get it DD

did about 7 lineups heres another i like

Wilson
Forsett
Gurley
desean
DT
Matthews
Graham
Catanzaro
Panthers

Back