• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Does DC Alex Grinch have something over Lincoln Riley ???

majent

Oklahoma Sooners
does Alex have naked pics of Lincoln or perhaps did Lincoln bang a family member of Alex's??

how does Alex continue to have a job?

he ran my Sooners D into the ground from 2019 through 2021 a full 3 seasons and now here he is in LA doing the same thing for the second straight season.

and can people please stop raving about the SC transfer portal pickups on D?

i'm starting to think that the SEC transfers from Georgia, Auburn, etc, were simply not good enough to play on the squads they left so they came to SC and they are average players at best.

outside of strong performances vs garbage Stanfarce and Nevada, the D has been carved up by San Jose State (who Oregon State dominated) and ASU (who lost the week before 0-29 to Fresno State) and now CU scoring 40 a week after Ore-gone held them to 6, the SC D has been Hot Trash again this year.

the time for excuses is over.

It sure is a weird situation. Not canning him in the offseason made me think that Riley isn't all that committed to winning.

my schools are OU first and foremost and a distant second i root USC and these are my only two FB squads i root for year in and year out so what is going on on D makes me furious. 4 and a half seasons of suffering through this nonsense.

Does anyone have a good defense in the PAC 12? Like ever?

It's always been dominated by offense, every year.

It's about who can contain a team the best, not stop.

It was fun to watch stanford fill that role every year.

The style clashes between them and chip kelly's oregon teams were fascinating.

Maybe oregon now has the best D in the conf? Oregon St? I feel like one of them is going to knock off Wash.

Maybe oregon now has the best D in the conf? Oregon St? I feel like one of them is going to knock off Wash.

Stanford, yes. You're right, about it.

That's kind of funny you say that because I think Washington has the best D in the PAC.

Stanford, yes. You're right, about it.

That's kind of funny you say that because I think Washington has the best D in the PAC.
I like Oregon and Oregon State defenses a bit better than the Washington D.

I think Oregon has taken on the personality of Lanning and that is a good thing.

Corvallis has some pretty physical cats on that side of the LOS this year.

Last night v Zona i did not see much from Wash's D that would scare me if i was scouting them for an upcoming game.

It's always been dominated by offense, every year.

It's about who can contain a team the best, not stop.

not anymore is in the past 10-12 years but the USC editions 03, 04, 06, 07 and especially 08 were amongst the top 5 and maybe top 3 in the country at the time.

stanford under harbaugh and a few times under david shaw had D's that would rattle the teeth of any offense in the country, no matter where they were from.

believe it or not but in the early 90's Don James and Washington had defenses that many college football historians would tell you are the best in the country.

i am not asking USC to be the 2000 baltimore ravens or the 85 bears.

i am asking them to wrap somebody up.

a tradition like USC's deserves to have a D that can get them into the CFP and to be competitive.

i have not seen that there in 15 years (08 USC D was incredible and nothing close since then)

i totally agree.

i lean oregon in seattle on sat 10/14 and oregon light in corvallis on 11/18

not anymore is in the past 10-12 years but the USC editions 03, 04, 06, 07 and especially 08 were amongst the top 5 and maybe top 3 in the country at the time.

stanford under harbaugh and a few times under david shaw had D's that would rattle the teeth of any offense in the country, no matter where they were from.

believe it or not but in the early 90's Don James and Washington had defenses that many college football historians would tell you are the best in the country.

i am not asking USC to be the 2000 baltimore ravens or the 85 bears.

i am asking them to wrap somebody up.

a tradition like USC's deserves to have a D that can get them into the CFP and to be competitive.

i have not seen that there in 15 years (08 USC D was incredible and nothing close since then)

Right, I should have clarified by saying recent years. I remember Steve Emtman quite well.

Maybe ducks, I can’t get the picture of wazzu carving up beavers secondary, nothing against wazzu but if ward can put up 400+ On beavers I dunno how they keep udub under 50?

Maybe ducks, I can’t get the picture of wazzu carving up beavers secondary, nothing against wazzu but if ward can put up 400+ On beavers I dunno how they keep udub under 50?
i wonder how Wazzu will look on the road though. they got Wisky and Oregon St in the cozy confines of Pullman. they are underdogs to UCLA this week in Pasadena.

i wonder how Wazzu will look on the road though. they got Wisky and Oregon St in the cozy confines of Pullman. they are underdogs to UCLA this week in Pasadena.

Oh yea I dunno, that was more a comment on me thinking udub will be very tough for the beavers after seeing the passing display wazzu put on them, with all due respect to wazzu offense and qb I don’t think it as talented as huskies who sporting those 3 nfl wrs, Penix as trigger man, and a fantastic offensive mind calling the offense. For beavers to give udub a run for their money I think their offensive line/rbs will have totally dominate udub defense and keep Penix on the sideline, if udub jumps out on them and forces DJ into known passing situations I still don’t trust him.

Far as wazzu @ ucla I honestly have no clue cause I don’t feel like I have a good handle on the bruins at all. I do think that big rb transfer on bruins could be a big factor playing keep away from the wazzu offense. If memory serves me right last year the Huskies had to go to ucla and bruins defense did a fantastic job early in the game getting pressure and forcing Penix into a couple bad throws/ints, then the run game was able to lean on them. I’d suspect they will have a similar game plan for wazzu, my worry would be I trusted DTR more than I trust this youngster bruins have playing qb now. Sure woulda preferred bruins to be dogs! Lol

Oh yea I dunno, that was more a comment on me thinking udub will be very tough for the beavers after seeing the passing display wazzu put on them, with all due respect to wazzu offense and qb I don’t think it as talented as huskies who sporting those 3 nfl wrs, Penix as trigger man, and a fantastic offensive mind calling the offense. For beavers to give udub a run for their money I think their offensive line/rbs will have totally dominate udub defense and keep Penix on the sideline, if udub jumps out on them and forces DJ into known passing situations I still don’t trust him.

Far as wazzu @ ucla I honestly have no clue cause I don’t feel like I have a good handle on the bruins at all. I do think that big rb transfer on bruins could be a big factor playing keep away from the wazzu offense. If memory serves me right last year the Huskies had to go to ucla and bruins defense did a fantastic job early in the game getting pressure and forcing Penix into a couple bad throws/ints, then the run game was able to lean on them. I’d suspect they will have a similar game plan for wazzu, my worry would be I trusted DTR more than I trust this youngster bruins have playing qb now. Sure woulda preferred bruins to be dogs! Lol

young 5 star frosh Dante Moore has played much better at home than on the road albeit the home games have been against much weaker competition.

the Bruin D is quite decent this season as they went into SLC and only gave up one offensive TD to the Utes who have looked decent on O even without Cam Rising.

advantage IMO to the Bruins at home.

Very strange that Grinch cannot put a good D on the field at USC and OU when he had the best defense in the Pac 12 when he was working for Leach. And he couldn't get anything close to the talent in the Palouse he had at OU and has now at USC.

I think USC is a better D this year than last year. I attribute some of the points at Boulder to the fact USC go so far ahead and was winning so easily the guys thought they already had it won and lost their edge

I'm asking the question again because last night that was a RS Frosh backup QB making the second start of his young college career and the first on the road..

does Alex have naked pics of Lincoln or perhaps did Lincoln bang a family member of Alex's??

how does Alex continue to have a job?

he ran my Sooners D into the ground from 2019 through 2021 a full 3 seasons and now here he is in LA doing the same thing for the second straight season.

and can people please stop raving about the SC transfer portal pickups on D?

i'm starting to think that the SEC transfers from Georgia, Auburn, etc, were simply not good enough to play on the squads they left so they came to SC and they are average players at best.

outside of strong performances vs garbage Stanfarce and Nevada, the D has been carved up by San Jose State (who Oregon State dominated) and ASU (who lost the week before 0-29 to Fresno State) and now CU scoring 40 a week after Ore-gone held them to 6, the SC D has been Hot Trash again this year.

the time for excuses is over.
Coaches have certain allegiances that can hurt short and long term.

I'll stay local.

Harbaugh had a few seasons early on of sticking with 'his guys ' that he trusted. Sometimes these were NFL guys who had no business being big time assistants at a top power 5 school.

I'll use the OL coach and OC back several years ago. Tim Drevno. He was terrible. Recruiting suffered and the offense suffered.

More recently, former OC and QB coach Matt Weiss.

Guy hated recruiting. Jim was the first to offer Detroit boy Dante Moore in like 8th grade. Weiss refused to make a connection with him. I'm not saying he would have ended up here, but that certainly did not help things.

The point is, the buddy system does not always work.

Still wild to me Grinch came along from OU to SC...

they're gona get boatraced in Eugene next Saturday so it will look like it's the players, not the DC........

Reactions: KJ
Back