Discussion and Line Projections for Friday 12/22

Killa

To the left, to the left, to the right to the righ
Gonna go thru these games real quick... Gonna be gone all day tomorrow, heading out to Jersey for the Nets/Lakers game... Ninth row baby

I'll do all the games in order, time permitting... May only get through like 3/4 of the card cuz I got some shit to do today

Get thru what you can and I'll finish up whatever need be. Thursday is always a good day with light card to prep for Friday.

Utah @ Charlotte

Road team 4-0 SU in the series history. Bit of a letdown for Utah, but Sloan is such a good coach that I never bank on letdowns with them. Deflating loss for Charlotte, interesting to see how they bounce back. Knight and Felton both listed as day2day, both were shooting around at the Garden before the game. Might consider the Kittens here at a decent price.

Utah -? (Won't even bother til I know status of May and Felton)
Total 194

Sounds good. If you spot a line that you think is way off, lemme know.

I am guessing the Jazz lay 4 here.

Good info on Brevin and May.

This Bobcats team just plays hard and well. Two very nice PG's who distribute ball. They have size and thats huge against Utah. One reason I like Utah a lot is their rebounding. I believe..especially if May plays that the Ctas can rebound with the Jazz.

Golden State @ Orlando

GS finally gets a road win at Boston. Orlando an under machine right now, 8-1 Under last 9 games and many of them not even close. Not sure if Ellis is playing or not. Murphy day2day. I have a play in mind here, still need to do some more research though. Weird game, slowest team in the league vs. the fastest (arguably).

Orlando -5.5
Total 195

Lakers @ Jersey

Huge comeback win for Lakers, done with Kobe on the bench. Nets 2 in a row at home, and Vince busted out of his slump. Revenge spot here, Lakers downed the Nets a few weeks back. RJ really frustrated with this ankle injury. KB and VC figure to battle all night. Gotta figure Nets to lay a short number once again at home.

Nets -3
Total 195

Chicago @ My Beloved Knicks

Bulls have bitch-slapped us twice this year, in both venues. I do not, repeat, do not like our chances in this game. Knicks have TWO guards available for action once again, assuming Q is still out. That is a nightmare when you're facing Kirk/Duhon/Gordon all night. I believe the suspensions and injuries catch up to them this game. Bulls playing too well, are too deep, and have too much. Wallace won't let Lee grab 20 boards again.

Bulls -5.5
Total 197

Indy @ Atlanta

Atlanta 4 straight SU in the series, pretty incredible. Indy's over streak at 5 and counting. Atlanta has to be super-deflated here after that disaster. Jermaine is playing great and I like this Indy team myself. I think with quadruple revenge, they come in here and get another nice road win after taking care of business at Philly.

Indy -3.5
Total 196

Philly @ Boston

The injury list in this game is enormous. Miller likely to play for Philly. Philly on a bad a run as I've seen in this league. Boston winning streak snapped vs. GS. Boston 6-0 ATS last 6 meetings. I dunno wtf to think of this game.

Boston -7.5
Total 195

Orlando and GS is def a contrast in styles. Orlando predicated their style somewhat when Phoenix came to town. Conversely, they didn't play good offense that second half making it an easy under.

I think that Nets line is accurate in both respects.

I think that will be a all around good game. I honestly couldn't make a play there whatsoever. Lakers would have to get 6 plus for me to think about a play.

I would think it would be Utah -5.5 or so.. but i havent been followin nba too closely lately.

Isnt Duhon out? I dont think many teams worry about him even at healthy.. Eddy Curry should have his way as well as Marburry. I wouldnt doubt seeing the knicks taking that one SU

So, thats basically saying Chicago -11.5 at home to Knicks. Not saying I do not agree with your thoughts. Seems a smidge high. That being said. All the emotion of Saturday coupled with 3 Overtimes this week means Knicks are due for a flat spot.

Kind of wish they played Bulls at MSG at some other point. It would be a good spot then IMO.

I would lean Pacers...

That being said the Hawks pretty much own this Indy team and really need a win to break out of this slump. Thje mindset of Hawks here is huge. Any angle saying they have their heads down still will def make Indy much more attractive.

That Philly-Boston game should be a no touch for anyone. I always advocate not playing on or against teams for a week at least after trades.

Memphis @ New Orleans

Another shit game. Memphis on a 4-game over streak. NO fighting hard but ravaged by injuries. Both teams desperate for some wins.

New Orleans -1
Total 176

New Orleans needs a win in the worst way.

They were down..what..23-4 last night and had chance late in game. Paul is doing what he can right now. Just not enough bodies(btw that dunk on Howard last night was special). Teams of desperation here..edge to N.O....think line will come out at like 3 though.

B.A.R. said:
So, thats basically saying Chicago -11.5 at home to Knicks. Not saying I do not agree with your thoughts. Seems a smidge high. That being said. All the emotion of Saturday coupled with 3 Overtimes this week means Knicks are due for a flat spot.

Kind of wish they played Bulls at MSG at some other point. It would be a good spot then IMO.

With the -11.5 at home thing, not under normal circumstances, but when you take out Jeffries, Francis, Richardson, and Nate. That's alot of playing time right there. People don't realize how depleted we are. We have TWO guards available to play. Steph and Crawford are exhausted in the 2H of these games. Marbury played 53 minutes last night. And don't forget we've fallen behind by 16 and 19 in these last 2 wins. I just think they wear us down in this game and pull away. I hope I'm wrong. But if you're right and they make this line -3.5 or so, man that would be tempting.

I totally agree on tiredness and all that. I just wanted some more thoughts ;)

I wouldn't oput anything past this Knick group right now. I love that Marbury and Craw have no shoulders to look behind right now. Obviously there will be a fallout soon due to exhaustion but I think they are enjoying things as well.

I never know Q's status til gametime. Reporters usually ask Thomas during the pregame if he's playing and Thomas keeps saying no lol.

amazing how well my homie david lee has overachieved in the nba.. Hes a good kid

everybody is your homie ABCS...of ocurse a UGA fan would love a Florida guy...hehe

I am not suprised..I thought he would be a good 7th to 8th man. Isiah drafts as well as anybody. Ken eye for college talent. Not so much for FA's and veterans.

Iam aiming for Minnesota tommorow.On 1st Q yesterday, thank you Ricky, though, I don´t like you.Minnesota once again collapsed in 4th Q but they kept the pace well and in fact I think they would have won it but we all know how did it end.I think Wolves will be a 5-point-fave. I don´t like this number cause no team was dogged more than 5 points, besides Trailblazers.But it seems I´ve fallen in love with Sota :)Timberwolves have won last 5 home games against Bucks by 3,6,6,4 and 18.Bucks are scrappy team on the road,though they´ve had some impressive victories.Plus there is a fresh revenge spot for Sota after tough 4 point loss in Milwaukee.Iam hoping for the number to be at 4.

Houston @ Spurs

Well this isn't a shit game lol. This game depends on Tracy. If he's out I honestly see no chance of a Houston SU win. If he's in, who knows, Spurs sure are due for a loss but man are they humming. These teams play to totals so low it's beyond belief. Interesting to see where they put the total, the Spurs recent offensive explosion may create some great value on this under.

Spurs -8 (Without T-Mac)
Spurs -5.5 (With T-Mac)
Total 184

haha once they leave florida..ill stick up for the sec guys.. Aint many sec ballas in the nba now a days..

Got lots of homies true. Not many white guys in the nba now. We have to count forgein guys, thus its always good to see one play well.. it gives us hope that one day our kids might make it to the association

LMAO with isiah and his fa moves.. Stevie francis is a great player so lets pick him up.. isiah you already have a ball hog pg.. so ?!?!

Jerome James has one good playoff series and gets over paid to go along with eddy curry who is vastly overpayed.. i guess isiah doesnt know about the salary cap.

Houston on what...their 4 straight roadie spread out over 8 days(correct me if I am wrong).

Spurs playing at a nice level right now. Love Rockets as a dog pretty much anytime. If line is right I may hop onto Rockets.

ABcs....I disagree..Curry was an okay move. He has shown worth this season as he gets the ball. Thats something CHI wouldn't do. Other than that..horrendous obviously.

Milwaukee @ Minny

Quick turnaround revenge spot for Minny. Also a bounceback, or deflated, spot after that brutal loss to the hated Lakers. Interesting to see how they come back from that. 3 straight losses for Minny now, this is a game they absolutely need. Milw probably resting on their laurels a bit after crushing the champs. Minny in an obvious situational spot, but the line will reflect it.

Minny -5.5
Total 197

B.A.R. said:
ABcs....I disagree..Curry was an okay move. He has shown worth this season as he gets the ball. Thats something CHI wouldn't do. Other than that..horrendous obviously.

I mean yea Eddy has shown these spurts in his career. He will average 20 for a month.. then he'll put on weight and lose motivation. Is he a good player, sure.. But is he a max player? Hell nah!

Clipps @ Dallas

Won't even bother glancing an eye at this game til I know the status of the German. Next game.

Queens @ Denver

The debut of Iverson. Place should be an insane asylum. That, coupled with Denver's blowout of the Wiz, should make them grossly overvalued in this game. Iverson will need time to learn the offense and adjust. And the defense will be atrocious for the time being, if not forever. Intriguing game.

Denver -3.5?
Total 210

Raps @ Portland

Both teams REALLY overachieving right now, which is great to see in a league of underachievers. Portland 5 in a row SU, Toronto 4 outta 5. As good as Portland has been, I think Toronto's run minus Bosh has been even more impressive. Quick revenge spot for Toronto after the embarassing Sunday home loss 2 weeks ago. Tough 3 outta 4 tho. I think Portland prolly gets it done at home despite the quick revenge angle that I'm usually so fond of. Big Zack should be too much to handle

Portland -4.5
Total 190

Wiz @ Phoenix

Really tough scheduling for the Wiz, bouncing all around the west coast like this. Big TNT game vs. Sac tonight, then flying to play a 2-day rested Suns team that's won 15 in a row. This could smell blowout city, but I suspect it won't be. Wiz have 3 days off after this game and I think you'll see the big 3 play huge minutes and leave it all on the court. Oh and umm, expect a bit of scoring lol. If this total is soft I'll take the over and go against Phoenix's 6-game under streak.

Phoenix -8.5
Total 226

Skipping down..

Too bad for wizards that Nugs-Suns got snowed out. That woulda set up even more Phoenix fatigue. Now, Suns are finally rested and still haven't lost in a month.

I think Suns roll here pending tonights action. I can see a 125-108 type of game

I think total opens about 228

Suns should definitely score at will. What are you looking at as potential plays?

Honestly not sure yet..possibles would include Bobcats, Rockets and Suns...

May not play anything

Lines just out at Cris.....

Utah -6.5. I didn't bother due to injuries.
Total 194.5. I said 193. Pretty close.

Orlando -3.5. I said -5.5. GS must be getting Ellis back, maybe Murphy?
Total 199.5. I said 195, but I suspected they were too smart for that. The play I mentioned about planning to take was the over, but they made a good line.

Nets -3. I said -3
Total 204. I said 195. I'm surprised they made it this high, I guess due to both teams scoring 110+ last game.

Bulls -5.5. I said -5.5
Total 197. I said 197. Not bad huh? lol

Indiana -2. I said -3.5. No respect for Indy.
Total 193.5. I said 196.

Minny -5. I said -5.5
Total 199. I said 197.

N.O. -2.5. I said -1.
Total 180. I said 177.

Portland -4.5. I said -4.5.
Total 187. I said 190.

Phoenix -10. I said -8.5
Total 231. I was dreaming of a 226 number lol.

No line on Phil/Bost, LAC/Dall, Hou/SAS, or Sac/Denver.

Thanks for the updates bro. i'LL BE BACK TO TALK MORE ON THESE GAMES AFTER 6:30 PM EST

Killa said:
Houston @ Spurs

Well this isn't a shit game lol. This game depends on Tracy. If he's out I honestly see no chance of a Houston SU win. If he's in, who knows, Spurs sure are due for a loss but man are they humming. These teams play to totals so low it's beyond belief. Interesting to see where they put the total, the Spurs recent offensive explosion may create some great value on this under.

Spurs -8 (Without T-Mac)
Spurs -5.5 (With T-Mac)
Total 184

wow, if the total is that high, i might have to take a look at the under here...i also like the spurs for either line however i dont believe that with tmac in they will only be layin 5.5, i'm thinkin more like 8.5 and 6.5...

this is a night for the total to cruise under IMO, one of those games with TWO deliberate set offensive attacks. Both teams play solid team defense, and that's what will be depended on for the Spurs as well as the Rockets

Heard from my sources that slava meeeeeeeedddddvvvedeeennko will be joining the association again very soon

Killa said:
Philly @ Boston

The injury list in this game is enormous. Miller likely to play for Philly. Philly on a bad a run as I've seen in this league. Boston winning streak snapped vs. GS. Boston 6-0 ATS last 6 meetings. I dunno wtf to think of this game.

Boston -7.5
Total 195
Posted in my thread and SportsNut has it as well, but Miller is having troubles getting out of Denver because of the Blizzard. just a headups. Totals set at 189

Pierce and Wally out, Webber questionable along with Miller.

what was I smokin sorry guys the line is only Boston -1.5 not -7.5

but still with Miller and Smith coming into the 76ers line-up could we see them with a SU win on the road?

Back