December 10th till Christmas Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
We'll keep one going until @KJ big Xmas day NBA-athon...

Lots of injuries and guys sitting right now.

Sixers and Stons have already played 4 games this year, wtf.

Clips seems to have hit a flat spot.

Tuesday...

Raps at Staples to face Clips who are in OT right now.

Suns, also in the OT, play the Spurs.

Houston host Portland in the dysfunction bowl.

Agree on Clips BAR and I felt it before last night's game. Wish I had listened to that feeling.

C's won with a patchwork lineup last night. They are playing at a high offensive level right now.

Question:
Raps play in LA tonight against Clips then come to Oracle for a B2B against the Dubs in a top in the East vs top in the West matchup.
Does Kawhi play both games at top level?

johnwallbruh_nve7lf.jpg

yea esp with all the basketball thunder have played... basically every other day since beginning of december while Den just had 3 days off with full focus towards this game........

yea esp with all the basketball thunder have played... basically every other day since beginning of december while Den just had 3 days off with full focus towards this game........
Yeah, a somewhat off schedule run here and they have the Clippers in house tomorrow night as well.

Denver came home to a quick home game but as you said 3 full days off since and in the middle of a home stand.

Schedule factor definitely favors Denver.

I read that the Suns won't trade him to the Lakers. That's how all that talk started.

But the fact LeCramps has his boy James Jones in Phoenix, it'll probably happen.

Cramps provided food on JJ's table for many years.

Are there any more games in Mexico City this year? Just found out there was one alrwady this week I missed. Seem to be easy unders any games played there

Are there any more games in Mexico City this year? Just found out there was one alrwady this week I missed. Seem to be easy unders any games played there
MEXICO CITY – The National Basketball Association (NBA) and Zignia Live announced today that the NBA Mexico City Games 2018 will feature the Orlando Magic playing regular-season games against the Chicago Bulls on Thursday, Dec. 13 (Friday, Dec. 14), and against the Utah Jazz on Saturday, Dec. 15 (Sunday, Dec. 16) at the Arena Ciudad de Mexico in Mexico City. The games will mark the third consecutive season the NBA will play two regular-season games in Mexico City.

I wish the Clippers weren't playing like turds right now, because this would be a good spot. It still may be an okay one.

Detroit and Boston again for the 3rd time, jeebus.

Memphis seemed 'lost' last night.

Minny and Phoenix is just a gross game.

Pretty blah card overall.

OKC has played alot of basketball this month..... I like Charlotte to bounce back after that cough up vs knicks last night...... Houston still doesnt look right took an unreal 4th qtr where Harden went unconscious with like 6min left to put game away i like Mem to bounce back and getting 3.5.... Boston -2.5 yes plz det is not good and boston is finding themselves n i feel wants go continue the momentum they are on n must keep winning the games they should win this spot in there schedule was the right the ship spot n they have done so

JFC the front office here is such a trainwreck. Wrong Brooks from Memphis last night 86's the trade so let's just keep it as is and cut out the middle man! Not upset at getting Oubre so there's that.

MEXICO CITY – The National Basketball Association (NBA) and Zignia Live announced today that the NBA Mexico City Games 2018 will feature the Orlando Magic playing regular-season games against the Chicago Bulls on Thursday, Dec. 13 (Friday, Dec. 14), and against the Utah Jazz on Saturday, Dec. 15 (Sunday, Dec. 16) at the Arena Ciudad de Mexico in Mexico City. The games will mark the third consecutive season the NBA will play two regular-season games in Mexico City.

ugh, this second game had all the game notes towards UNDER. Missed that it started early....

Yup @Pyppurs ... last year I made a living on their live unders and this year is making a living on the overs.

It's a beautiful thing.

Obviously, correction will come but they are still beating it out it seems.

Kinda funny that halfway thru last season some had already declared Fox a bust

Kinda funny that halfway thru last season some had already declared Fox a bust
He was my #1 one PG coming out of college.

Absolutely love him since first few games I watched him at UK.

The thing is, last year the only time the tempo increased for them was always late first/early second when he came in the game.

Yeah @B.A.R. no idea why I wanted him over Josh Jackson for a team that is still playing w/o a legit PG since Dragic. Nothing like having a great engine (on paper) with no lube...now comes out Sarver vetoed McDonough on a draft night trade for SA-G at #10 in which Suns woulda given up a worse pick than the one they did to get Bridges at the same spot. F'n tool that guy. Ryan McD gotta be glad he's rid of this.

The Sacramento Kings are three games above .500 in the middle of December, something that hasn’t happened since 2004. They’ve won six of their last eight games, beating the Mavericks on Sunday in a tiny little Luka Doncic revenge game. The Kings, of course, passed on Doncic for Marvin Bagley, who is having a decent rookie season but is currently injured. Doncic, of course, looks every bit the superstar many billed him to be.

Because the Kings have seemingly turned things around and appear to have a legit star in De’Aaron Fox, there’s some posturing about whether the Kings were right to pass on Doncic. The answer is no, and it will always be no. But if the Kings are actually on the rise, the fandom will excuse passing on Doncic -- they just badly want a good team to root for, no matter who’s on it! Fans are celebrating Iman Shumpert regularly. They aren’t picky.

We keep waiting for the bottom to drop out, but it’s holding. That doesn’t mean Sacramento can hold strong enough to make the playoffs -- the West is vicious -- but this is a miracle even if they just hold around .500 all season. Dreams do come true.

looks like a lot of sharp vs square action tonight. 3 games are gonna have 70%+ on one side. I say if u take Atl, Brooklyn and Dallas you go 2-1 worst tonight

Lakers/nets should be a good one... last game of road trip for LA before 2 days off and play again on fri at home.... do they or should i say lebron come out motivated to play in NY it aint MSG... nets have found a groove and have won 5 straight... both could be on fumes nets playing 4 in 7 although they have been home since last thur.. Lakers playing 4 in 6 and have been on road for over a week and maybe have an eye towards going home as this is last game of the 4 game roadie... nets have a b2b in chicago tom which is a winnable game too and i think can go 1 of 2 ways depending how tonight goes... i think they will be motivated to not only continue the win streak but beat lebron as is many teams are and having tomorrow as a winnable game as well nets may want this W streak to continue........

side note should nets lose tonight i think they could mail tomorrow game ... a quick one game road trip to chi then back home for another week for a 3 game home stand.... a W tonight i think they are motivated tom in chi knowing its a winnable game and coming home to a 3 game home stand which all games are winnable games and could be looking at a 10 game winning streak...

that bein said i think i just convinced myself on nets +2 tonight

Zig Zag theory going on with the Pelicans, which started on Nov. 26. Their catching +8.5 @ Bucks tonight.....meanwhile Bucks coming home off a 3 game road trip; which they were in a dogfight on Monday with Detroit. After tonight's game, Bucks travel to Boston on Friday; to whom they lost.

Pelicans +8.5 and SU?

Also, Kings +5.5 or 6 looks tempting as Kings covered 6 straight ATS vs. Thunder...maybe a correlation parlay with the o234.5...favorable refs for the home dog!

Last edited:
looks like a lot of sharp vs square action tonight. 3 games are gonna have 70%+ on one side. I say if u take Atl, Brooklyn and Dallas you go 2-1 worst tonight
Good call, is consensus a big thing in the NBA reg season? Very green to it and strictly looking situations

Good call, is consensus a big thing in the NBA reg season? Very green to it and strictly looking situations

like all sports, you can't just cap public %'s....if you only fade the public and don't look any more into it, you end up winning about 50%, not nearly enough to be profitable. But I do use it as a tool; many times the line is shady for a reason. Public bettors just see things like record and what teams are perceived as "good" and ignore situational spots. But again, you have to have other criteria; but I never like to be on the public side of a 70% or more road favorite

Reactions: KJ
Back