Dallas vs Detroit NFC Divisional Playoff Discussion Thread

ya it wasnt as obvious as Riola

with his history probably on purpose, but the video shows him not look at Rodgers foot once, I dont think they suspend him

ya it wasnt as obvious as Riola

with his history probably on purpose, but the video shows him not look at Rodgers foot once, I dont think they suspend him

The problem is he accidentally steps with one foot, removes it, puts his other foot on the leg and then lifts the first leg up. First step okay, 2nd one if he's off balance okay. Putting all his weight on it, he's got to get suspended.

Well you figure Suh will be suspended... or at least should be

At first look, and with his history before this year I thought so. Now, I don't. The GB guy had his jersey in his hand, right? He was stepping back. The slow-motion makes it look different. I gotta look more and this prolly deserves it's own thread.

As bad as Stafford is, especially on road, the line is too high. Only .5 points lower than the GB line? So Dallas is basically equivalent to GB? I don't think so. I like this match up for DET. DET can stop the run, which is what DAL wants to do. And DAL really can't stop the pass, and Calvin and Tate on the turf should give DAL fits.

Dal really can't stop the pass, the question is whether or not Staff can pass....Lions had SO MANY opportunities vs the Pack and they fucked up.

supposedly they're gonna fine him instead of suspending based on the early appeal rumors?

I would love to get the 'Boys below a TD because they may be the hottest team in the league not named Seattle right now. That Stafford stat is crazy, but warranted cuz their offense is a joke

suspension lifted.

Def. makes this game more interesting.

Looking at these 2 teams results this season, the thing that strikes me as a trend both teams have been involved in, is the lack of scoring by the teams losing their games - for Dallas, especially at home; Detroit both home & away.

Losers' scores for Dallas home games: 17, 17, 17, 21, 20, 17, 10 & 7, for an avg. of 15.7 ppg.

Losers' scores for Detroit road games: 7, 17, 3, 21, 6, 9, 14 & 20, for an avg. of 12.1 ppg.

The scores bolded feature opponents who didn't finish the season with a losing record, w/said losers for both teams combining to averaging 12.3 ppg.

Obv. suggests not to expect a shootout, leading to implications for intending total bettors.

(Where this trend held for Detroit @home, Dallas had more games with decent loser scores on the road - 5 in total: 31, 23, 38, 28 & 27 - than they did w/low scores.)

Last week Dallas kept their starters playing "for no good reason." Obviously, Garrett, and the players themselves, had to have a reason (whether we think its good or not) and I assume it was because they believed it was important to stay in rhythm for this week. I saw a stat earlier this season that teams did not do well agst the spread going into a bye week during the regular season. It was assumed that they mentally 'checked out' too early....kinda like your last day at work before a vacation. Alex mentioned this in his thread, but I do think that this has been/will be today a different Dallas team then we have seen in the past. With their stars of Romo, Murray, Dez, Witten and the O line is hard to imagine they fail.

Gorg makes a good point of " Romo v Stafford Good Luck " is well taken. But, assuming you have to take one it seems obvious based on what we have seen this year, not in the past, that Romo is the better gamble...and thats what we are doing.

BetCrimes post #16....very good to think about. Thank you.

You make a good point bones. Resting players can mess up a team's rhythm and Dallas chose not to do so.

I am off the Boys, the more I thought about it just could not take them. I do think Boys win, but not enuf confidence. Just going to watch

Back