CTG Partner
Staff member
For easier accounting purposes...just top 3

5-3-1 scoring system

We'll leave this up for a few days and get the "peoples" MVP

1. Kobe Bryant
2. LeBron James
3. Chris Paul

I honestly just decided this today. I think its one of the toughest votes ever. This isn't about senority. Its about a player coming of age and finally being a complete player. Kobe's MVP took roots during the Olympic Trials last year. It was at that point he started playing that defense that he is capable of learned a lot I think playing with all those All-Stars. Whatever his attitude going into training camp he has evolved as a leader and player and played through a tough injury the 2nd half of the season.

Both Chris Paul and James could easily take this. James would of had it for me but he hasn't elevated his team in the 2nd half like last year. He has been marvelous but the team has been so inconsistent. paul is a wondrful PG. The best I have seen in over a decade. He is so important to his team. That being said, despite his steals he isn't there on defense yet. My MVP has to contribute both ways. Not saying he is a bad defensive player but he has a ways to go.

Is this a reality poll or a media poll? If it's a reality poll I'll take

1. LB
2. CP3
3. Kobe

If it's a media poll give me

1. Kobe
2. CP3
3. Lebron

It's quite clear that nobody is more valuable than Lebron. It honestly can't be argued. CP3 would easily come in second with a contest for third imo. From a gambling perspective let's say the Cavs would be 6 point dogs on a neutral court vs. LA. If you take both Lebron and Kobe off of both of those teams which way do you guys think the line moves? Lakers by 9.5 would be my guess. LB is WAY more valuable than any player in this league. It's honestly not close, just ask the linesman. Phil Jackson has finally earned my appreciation this year and I also give credit to Kobe for finally figuring it out. They're a well rounded team.

Jpicks...

Your reasoning is why I woulda had James for most of the year...

I just expected much more from this team later in year..yes injuries and chemistry...

Just my opinion though

None will be a bad choice

Nash is more important to that team..

Aamre feeds off Nash...

Add in how well Shaquille helped him

Great player...but his defense is very bad..in the two games against Detroit Rasheed just abused him anytime he wanted too.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead><TD colSpan=14>Hollinger Stats: Player Efficiency Rating - All Positions

</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>RNK</TD><TD align=left>Player</TD><TD>GP</TD><TD>Min</TD><TD>FG%</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>TS%</TD><TD>Ast</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>Usg</TD><TD>ORR</TD><TD>DRR</TD><TD>RebR</TD><TD>PER</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>1</TD><TD align=left>LeBron James, CLE</TD><TD>74</TD><TD>40.4</TD><TD>.483</TD><TD>.715</TD><TD>.568</TD><TD>19.5</TD><TD>9.1</TD><TD>32.7</TD><TD>4.9</TD><TD>18.0</TD><TD>11.2</TD><TD class=sortcell>29.33</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2</TD><TD align=left>Chris Paul, NOR</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>37.6</TD><TD>.485</TD><TD>.851</TD><TD>.572</TD><TD>35.7</TD><TD>7.7</TD><TD>27.1</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>10.3</TD><TD>6.2</TD><TD class=sortcell>28.34</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>3</TD><TD align=left>Amare Stoudemire, PHO</TD><TD>77</TD><TD>34.1</TD><TD>.587</TD><TD>.806</TD><TD>.654</TD><TD>6.5</TD><TD>9.7</TD><TD>24.7</TD><TD>8.2</TD><TD>21.4</TD><TD>15.3</TD><TD class=sortcell>27.63</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>4</TD><TD align=left>Kevin Garnett, BOS</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>33.1</TD><TD>.540</TD><TD>.801</TD><TD>.588</TD><TD>16.1</TD><TD>9.1</TD><TD>23.7</TD><TD>7.4</TD><TD>25.0</TD><TD>16.8</TD><TD class=sortcell>25.25</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>5</TD><TD align=left>Dirk Nowitzki, DAL</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>35.9</TD><TD>.482</TD><TD>.878</TD><TD>.588</TD><TD>13.4</TD><TD>8.2</TD><TD>26.8</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>22.9</TD><TD>13.9</TD><TD class=sortcell>24.96</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>6</TD><TD align=left>Kobe Bryant, LAL</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>39.1</TD><TD>.460</TD><TD>.838</TD><TD>.577</TD><TD>16.2</TD><TD>9.5</TD><TD>29.3</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>14.2</TD><TD>9.0</TD><TD class=sortcell>24.42</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>7</TD><TD align=left>Tim Duncan, SAS</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>34.2</TD><TD>.494</TD><TD>.728</TD><TD>.542</TD><TD>12.3</TD><TD>10.1</TD><TD>25.8</TD><TD>10.7</TD><TD>28.2</TD><TD>19.6</TD><TD class=sortcell>24.25</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>8</TD><TD align=left>Manu Ginobili, SAS</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>31.2</TD><TD>.458</TD><TD>.858</TD><TD>.610</TD><TD>19.3</TD><TD>11.7</TD><TD>27.1</TD><TD>3.3</TD><TD>14.6</TD><TD>9.0</TD><TD class=sortcell>24.22</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>9</TD><TD align=left>Chris Bosh, TOR</TD><TD>65</TD><TD>36.6</TD><TD>.495</TD><TD>.846</TD><TD>.588</TD><TD>10.6</TD><TD>9.6</TD><TD>25.1</TD><TD>8.4</TD><TD>20.1</TD><TD>14.2</TD><TD class=sortcell>23.94</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>10</TD><TD align=left>Chauncey Billups, DET</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>32.8</TD><TD>.447</TD><TD>.916</TD><TD>.617</TD><TD>30.1</TD><TD>9.2</TD><TD>23.5</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>8.1</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD class=sortcell>23.57</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Oh I have no doubt they'll give the award to Kobe and I have ZERO problems with it as the media will only be following the precedent that has been set for many years. They should just rename the damn award already to Most Outstanding Player or something. Nobody is more valuable than LB and I stand by that. I've gotta say that I haven't seen a Cavs game in 3 weeks now as I've drifted away from the NBA a bit so I have no idea why they haven't made their normal late season run. But I agree that if they would have made a 2nd half surge (as their schedule dictated they should) then it would be an even more confusing vote. It's as good as done with Kobe, CP3 and LB coming in that order with KG finishing 4th.

It's hilarious that 90% of the media just listens to the rest of the media and they all vote like clones. Well maybe not hilarious but you get it.

shaq dont get abused. hes a monster. owns timmy d.

nash and hill only suns on their way out.

Nash is more important to that team..

Aamre feeds off Nash...

Add in how well Shaquille helped him

Great player...but his defense is very bad..in the two games against Detroit Rasheed just abused him anytime he wanted too.

Hence the reason the Jazz have no problem playing the Suns.

Williams will abuse Nash. Shaq guarding Boozer or Okur should be comical while Amare can't guard whoever Shaq doesn't pick up.

shaq cant guard high P&R and Deron will have 30, 5, and 15 every game. So ya jazz will beat em senseless.

take any 1 of these guys off their team and the whole team goes to shit -

GARNETT
BILLUPS
JAMES
HOWARD
PAUL
McGRADY
NASH
BOOZER
DUNCAN
NOWITSZKI
BRYANT

KOBE wins MVP because his team will/should win the west -
(that's one hell of an accomplishment to be the best of the west)

Jazz would move on w/out Boozer. Take Williams off the team and you have an arguement. Not saying the Jazz would be in the position for a #3 seed, but they'd still alot better than they would if they didn't have DWill. Same goes for McGrady imo. Adelmann has done a hell of a job with the Rockets to where they aren't dependent on one guy.

C$ you're not very creative. Captain Klank would no doubt be the floor general (lol) on that starting 5 but lot better options on other teams to round out the 5. he's been a joke for 2+ years now. NOw we finally hearing about it tho. 11 mil a year next year. :36_11_6:

1. Kobe
2. Bryant
3. Black Mamba

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how people can even compare the rest of the league to Kobe this season. Great individual performances - V. Great team performances - V. Great team chemistry - V. First place in the toughest Conference the last 5 years - V. What on earth could he have done more??? I'm serious. What do you want him to do? To lead the league in every possible aspect??? How can LeBron, a player that only tonight secured for his team (missed the winning shot by the way) the fourth place in the F*****G East can be MVP? What the hell, lets give Van Horn the award. After all, he left his home to fly all the way to NJ and be there and that alone deserves an MVP.
CP3 had a great year, but his team, not like Kobe's and unlike the Hornets last year, haven't suffered any real injuries (Peja and West missed a few, but that is it). Kobe won games without Bynum and with Kwame as the only Center! Radmanovic, Walton, Bynum, Gasol, Mihm - Lakers played with many injuries through the season and I'm sorry, to say that Lakers without Gasol and Bynum is better than NO or most of the teams in the league is just rubbish. The only reason that the Lakers were still a threat to every team in the league, winning Utah, Dallas and others is Kobe. He didn't even take over the team to do that.
And this is without mentioning his defensive abilities. He asked Phil to guard opponents most dominant players in the backcourt and did a hell of a job. This is without mentioning the hand injury that Kobe is playing with the past month and a half. LeBron looks like crap with his back hurt and Kobe still plays and still every opponent's nightmare.
How can people say that anyone other than Kobe desreve the MVP? Only two possible reasons - Bryant haters or fans of one of the other players. No one that isn't bias, will name anyone besides Kobe to the MVP.

1Kobe
2LbJ
3KG

Admittedly, I take into consideration too much the fact that I think the Hornets will lose round 1, and the fact that that reflects poorly on CP3. If you actually go by most valuable, Paul might be #2 behind Lebron.

CP3 - we'd be dog shit without him, he does the most with the least (outside of bron bron)
LBJ - they'd be the miami heat
no one

screw Kobe

Kobe
CP3
KG

LeBron had a monster season, but his team is too mediocre to get into contention imo. If Cavs were in the West, he'd be planning his vacation now.

1. CP3
2. Kobias
3. King James

why Cp3?

a.) the stat line: 21points, 11 assists, 2.7 steals, 48.5% fg shooting

b.) league leader in assists (yes better than nash) AND steals

c.) 4.64 assist-turnover ratio, this is high when you handle the ball all game long and dribble out almost the whole possession maybe 15 seconds for each possession offensively

d.) obviously, hornets are top3 in the west because of him

e.) david west is an allstar because of CP3

f.) tyson averaging a career high point ave because of him

g.) Peja's 3point fg% is a career best because of CP3

The most VALUABLE player will be the player that moves the spread the most when they are out of the lineup.

Who moves the line when they are out more then LBJ?? I'd say Lebron moves a line 6 or 7 points when he is unexpectedly announced out. CP and kobe will probably be in the 4.5 range.

1. LBJ
2. CP
3. KB8

I don't agree with that...
Jefferson from the T-Wolves maybe will move the line as much, if not more than Kobe or CP3 in his absence. Does that mean we should give him the MVP?
Wade and his absence moved the line by 4 - 5 points even more. Why not give him the MVP for his record and his team. Hell, Marion, the only star left in Heat moved the line by number of points.

1. CP3
2. Kobias
3. King James

why Cp3?

a.) the stat line: 21points, 11 assists, 2.7 steals, 48.5% fg shooting

b.) league leader in assists (yes better than nash) AND steals

c.) 4.64 assist-turnover ratio, this is high when you handle the ball all game long and dribble out almost the whole possession maybe 15 seconds for each possession offensively

d.) obviously, hornets are top3 in the west because of him

e.) david west is an allstar because of CP3

f.) tyson averaging a career high point ave because of him

g.) Peja's 3point fg% is a career best because of CP3

:cheers:

His #'s are better than Nash's in BOTH his MVP years. and he grabs 4 boards for a 6 foot point guard... come on now!

1. CP3
2. Kobe
3. LJ

CP3....a new face for the NBA, his development is unreal. I will give credit to Byron Scott for properly using the kid.
Kobe....what I really like from him is his maturity. Like BAR said he has really stepped up his defense and wants to be a better player OVERALL.
LJ.....he has been overlooked for this race I guess media is all over CP3 and Kobe. But LJ plays in a weaker conference, his team is quite horrendous, yes he has litterally no help but heck there is a lack of consistency with this Cavs team that makes me wonder how far will this team go.

1. CP3
2. MAMBA
3. KING

cp3 doesnt have weapons like mamba does. kobe is a close second. i don't put lebron ahead of those two just cause i hate how the cavs play ball.

Why are people continually voting LeBron? Does team success not mean anything? If history has shown recently, the MVP isn't about the best/most talented player in the league. Instead, it's been given to the top player on the top team arguably. The Cavs are NOWHERE near that discussion. Of course people will say LeBron is the most VALUABLE, but the same can essentially be said about three to five other guys in the league. The award isn't given based on that criteria for the most part, let's not forget. That said, your vote is your vote, just curious.

^ because he is the most efficient player in the league and his nickname is video game james.

Most efficient player? C'mon now. That gives no credit to defensive presence, which LeBron lacks at this stage of his career. PER is garbage IMO.

Back