CTG Members College Football Poll:

explain #2, last part please? both wins vs same team? who are we talking about on this one?

#3. that is only due to conference (Big 12 stronger this year than pac 12) because Baylor's nonconf is utter garbage. Sure, OU played ucla and houston but those were perennial bowl teams when they signed to play OU.

also, since we are considering conference, should you not give the benefit of the doubt to OU?

the only reason someone would not is if they are a tex-ass fan / OU hater.

for #2 I was referring to Utah. If they beat Oregon again both/all of their top 30 wins would be against the same team. So if they just match up well with that team we don't learn much about Utah.

Big12 appears stronger. We don't know that they are stronger for a fact. I think we should consider OU and Baylor similarly. I don't think there should be a scenario where OU wins and gets in but if Baylor beats OU they don't get in. Baylor's resume with a win would be better than Ou's resume with a win, if you follow. And I think Big12 is > Pac12 this year, but who knows.

I don't hate Oklahomo as much as your average Texas fan. I feel bad for people that live in Norman and other parts of Oklahoma and any joy they can get form their football team is fine by me. Besides, California is about the worst State in the country and that is Pac12 territory. I really despise California because it used to be a nice place and they ruined it with their ass backwards fascist, disguised as progressive, policies. And now they are all coming here to Nevada and trying to ruin our great State, and they are succeeding.

I haven't done a thorough analysis of who I would pick under the current system and with a gun to my head to participate in it but have a hard time distinguishing the scenario where OU deserves to get in on a 12 championship and Baylor doesn't. And would tend to think either deserve it over Utah if it came down to it. That said, I think Utah is at least ~ as good as OU and both are slightly better than Baylor. But hard to figure out Utah and after watching USC burn them deep so often, I do wonder if OU would be a bad matchup for their defense. Shrug.

LSU has four wins over top 10 teams (top 10 teams at the time they played them) so i don't think they are dropping out of the top 4 even if they lose to georgia.

should they? i don't know. how good do those wins at tex-ass and over auburn look now?

i always try to gauge a win when the season is over but lots of voters (especially AP who currently has LSU #1) look at things differently.

LSU has probably already made the playoff.

I am just saying that should not be the case.

for #2 I was referring to Utah. If they beat Oregon again both/all of their top 30 wins would be against the same team. So if they just match up well with that team we don't learn much about Utah
Oregon and Utah haven’t played, that’s why he asked the question that way.

Back