CTG Members College Football Poll:

I don't want to derail the thread with locker room talk, but there was somethijhng fascinating about this girl.

To make a short story long, I met her at the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges in October 1996. Six or seven lawyers from our bankruptcy section went out there for it. So I hooked up with this other lawyer from Phoenix who was obviously enough Jewish that the Jewish partners I was there with hazed me about that fact. I thought she told me she had gone to OU and then gone to law school at Arizona State, although I learned later it was the other way around.

I mention this because, to my retroactive annoyance, a year later I started dating another girl from her ASU Kappa Alpha Theta pledge class whom I had been introduced to by the daughter of the Louisiana state treasurer. I dated this other girl for 2+ years and never realized I could have hazed her about my little fling with her sorority sister.

Anyway, I flew out to Phoenix to see this girl two weeks after the conference. I got there on Friday and stayed till Sunday, and we spent a total of about four hours outside the bedroom, and she was perfectly happy to keep the TV on and tuned to football the whole time. We ventured out to watch the first quarter of OU-Nebraska on the big TV in the living room, but those were the John Blake years, and OU was on the way to losing 73-21. Then we tried to find a sports bar to watch Clemson-Tech, but it turns out they didn't have anything like that in Phoenix in those days. So it was back to the bedroom and more football capped off by a thrilling 42-41 Colorado State victory over Air Force as +11 in the night game.

So, anyway, I must have fucked her like 15 times, and the amazing thing was that her pussy was absolutely unique in that it basically could not be penetrated from the old missionary position. You had take her from behind. There was something about the angle of the slit.

Before I left on Sunday she told about how she had dated Mickelson, which I found interesting. Then she said she was going to take her little A-cup chest and tack on some fake double-D's, which I found appalling. I flew back to Dallas and never called her again.

Last edited:
1. LSU (Last Week #2) Moved up 1 spot
2. Ohio State (last week #1) Moved down 1 spot
3. Clemson (last week #4) Moved up 1 spot
4. Baylor (last week #6) Moved up 2 spots
5. Minnesota (Last week Last Team out) Moved up 2 spots
6. Penn State (toughest strength of schedule of 1 loss teams. Quality loss to top 5 team on the road vs alabama quality loss to top 5 team but at home.

The rest

7. Oregon - Only loss a neutral/road game vs Auburn where they at least outplayed their opponent. Punish them for playing that game?
8. Alabama - Only loss is to LSU who I have at #1 this week. Unfortunately their schedule is super weak and it is hard to give them kudos. But I cannot forgive the UGA, Oklahoma, or Utah losses to teams like S Carolina, Kansas State and USC. Arguments could be made for those teams being above Bama though.

As a Clemson fan, I'd rather play LSU than Ohio State, so the Buckeyes are probably going to be my number one. However, I need to think about the undercard.

As a Clemson fan, I'd rather play LSU than Ohio State, so the Buckeyes are probably going to be my number one. However, I need to think about the undercard.

I think LSU offense slightly better than Ohio State but I think Ohio State defense is moderately better than LSU defense. Meaning, I would make Ohio State the favorite over LSU. But LSU has the better resume. I mean, I don't even want to discuss how big a favorite I would make Alabama over Minnesota. But you are what you have done, not what I think .. I am down a small fortune so my opinion sucks this year anyway. Who am I to say Bama could beat Minnesota, when I thought SDSU could beat an awful Nevada, or UCF could beat a Tulsa, or a S Carolina could beat an App St, or an App St could beat a Ga Southern? You get the idea (beyond the fact I cannot cap college football).

I think LSU offense slightly better than Ohio State but I think Ohio State defense is moderately better than LSU defense. Meaning, I would make Ohio State the favorite over LSU. But LSU has the better resume. I mean, I don't even want to discuss how big a favorite I would make Alabama over Minnesota. But you are what you have done, not what I think .. I am down a small fortune so my opinion sucks this year anyway. Who am I to say Bama could beat Minnesota, when I thought SDSU could beat an awful Nevada, or UCF could beat a Tulsa, or a S Carolina could beat an App St, or an App St could beat a Ga Southern? You get the idea (beyond the fact I cannot cap college football).

OSU is the best defense among any contender, easily and most likely the best in the country.

LSU defense is very average, still. Now, Aranda called a GREAT game yesterday and as a fan of strategy that makes me excited to see what he might cook up come the playoffs.

You can definitely move the ball on LSU.

1. LSU
2. Ohio St.
3. Clemson
4. Minnesota
5. Alabama
6. Baylor
7. Georgia
8. Oklahoma
9. Oregon
10. Penn St.

1. Ohio
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Small Coke
5. Baylor
6. Alabama
7. Pedo St
8. Jorja
9. Oklahomo
10. 2 Utes

Y'all want some chaos, what about this scenario:

AU beats UGA this weekend
LSU loses to aTm
Alabama beats AU
UGA beats LSU in SECCG

So you have 11-2 UGA, 11-2 LSU, 11-1 Alabama. Pretty decent arguments for and against all 3

hunt's eye test..now i got horrible vision but i'll give it a go.

1. bucks

2. Clemson

3. lsu

4. GA

5. Oregon

6. Minnesota

Think Clemson d is much better than anyone sans bucks...now they are gelling on o

My rank:

1. LSU
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson
4. Alabama
5. UGA
6. Oregon
7. OU
8. Minnesota
9. Utah
10. Baylor

No argument from anyone I don't think that LSU, Ohio St, and Clemson best fit the profile of best as well as most deserving. Beyond that, you can make an argument for and against any of the remaining contenders using whatever criteria suits you. I just went with how I'd rank them on a PR basis

LSU loses to aTm
Alabama beats AU
UGA beats LSU in SECCG

So you have 11-2 UGA, 11-2 LSU, 11-1 Alabama. Pretty decent arguments for and against all 3

It's a travesty to have a team get in that didn't even play in their championship game.

It's a travesty to have a team get in that didn't even play in their championship game.
It was just pointed out to me today that each of Clemson's first-round playoff opponents was a team that did not play in a conference championship game. OU (before the B12 had a championship game), Ohio State (two-loss Penn State won the B10), Alabama (lost to Auburn, which won the West), and Notre Dame.

My rank:

1. LSU dominated Bama at Bama
2. Ohio St Blowing everyone out, PSU/Mich could establish them as #1
3. Clemson Play nobody but havent lost. Hitting stride or just caring more?
4. Minnesota Nobody has beat them in a P5 conference, big win at home vs PSU, offense nice, D soft
5. Baylor Nobdoy has beat them in a P5 conference, doubted weekly and just win baby. OU tough test this week
6. Oregon Lost to everyones annual 3-4 loss national champion on neutral but outplayed them. Peaking now.
7. Penn State Probably the toughest schedule in top 10. Tough loss at Minny after comeback falls just short cuz of phantom OPI
8. Utah Loss at USC on Friday night lights earlier in the year..otherwise pretty dominant, Oregon game for all the...
9. Oklahoma Theyve had worse losses over the years. They lost to a good team on the road.
10. Georgia Lost AT HOME as 21pt faves to a terrible Cock team who has just dominated by App St. Defense stellar, offense does zero for me.

LSU loses to aTm
Alabama beats AU
UGA beats LSU in SECCG

SEC champ gets in.

SEC champ gets in.

1. LSU
2. Bama
3. Georgia
4. Florida
Just missed: Auburn...there is a rule they must always be mentioned in any championship discussion despite 3 or more losses annually because they play Bama and LSU, but lose. But they play them.
No other teams can compete with the pure speed and power of these teams.

Last edited:
So, it has to be said

That tua injury looks scary, his hip and he cant put any weight on it

does the committee factor that in?

Unless it's the ultimate looks worse than it is and tua is back in 2 weeks, the committee have to hope bama loses to Auburn right? Otherwise saban just says he will be healthy by the bowls and they cant use that 'excuse' to eliminate one of the p5 1 loss teams

1. LSU slightly tougher schedule than Ohio State overall.
2. Ohio St slightly lighter schedule than LSU overall.
3. Clemson (As a Texas fan, I am impressed how Clemson players get better. They get coached well and improve during their time at the school. Clemson is getting better every week). Just one game vs a top 30 team all year. ACC ACC ACC
4. Georgia (oh boy ... if Georgia beats LSU in the SEC title game they will take two SEC teams)
5. Oklahoma slightly tougher schedule overall than Utah. Utah better by eye test though. 4-1 vs top 30
6. Utah slightly lesser schedule than Oklahoma (thanks Pac12). Utah was really hurt by the Oregon loss to ASU. 1-1 vs top 30. I would make Utah a favorite over OU.
7. Baylor highest quality loss of the 1 loss teams and get a rematch.
8. Florida both losses to top ten teams

So were playoff to start today, My selections would be ....

#1 Seed LSU
#2 Seed Ohio State
#3 Seed Clemson
#4 Seed Oklahoma

Would love to see the total on the LSU/OU game

3. Clemson (As a Texas fan, I am impressed how Clemson players get better. They get coached well and improve during their time at the school. Clemson is getting better every week). Just one game vs a top 30 team all year. ACC ACC ACC
4. Georgia (oh boy ... if Georgia beats LSU in the SEC title game they will take two SEC teams)
5. Oklahoma slightly tougher schedule overall than Utah. Utah better by eye test though. 4-1 vs top 30
6. Utah slightly lesser schedule than Oklahoma (thanks Pac12). Utah was really hurt by the Oregon loss to ASU. 1-1 vs top 30. I would make Utah a favorite over OU.

#1 Seed LSU
#2 Seed Ohio State
#3 Seed Clemson
#4 Seed Oklahoma

Agree everywhere. This is why I really want a 6 team playoff. Seems like such a good middle ground.

Assuming top 6 hold where top 2 get byes.

Clemson v Utah; winner gets tOSU
Georgia v Oklahoma; winner gets LSU

#1 Seed LSU
#2 Seed Ohio State
#3 Seed Clemson
#4 Seed Oklahoma

What if Baylor beats Oklahoma and Utah beats Oregon?

Actually .. looking at it closer, I should probably have Baylor over Utah right now, essentially eliminating Utah. If Baylor beats OU they will
1. Have avenged their only loss, to a top 10 team (shine is off oregon after last few weeks)
2. Would be 5-1 vs top 30, Utah would be just 2-1 (both wins vs same team so is it matchup?)
3. Have the tougher strength of schedule when compared to Utah

I should be ashamed having Utah higher than them right now. It appears to be an error on my part.

If utah and ou win and jorja loses, they'll put utah in. P12 cant be left out again if it's close. 3 years in a row is not a good look.

Now if jorja wins, all hell will break loose. LSU is not getting snubbed for Utah, no fucking chance. I think it will cause confidence in the system to be so low that something will be done in the very near short term future. Some big names in the media have started to pre-emptively complain about how biased this system is in favor of the SEC and that will come to a head if jorja wins.

If utah and ou win and jorja loses, they'll put utah in. P12 cant be left out again if it's close. 3 years in a row is not a good look.

Now if jorja wins, all hell will break loose. LSU is not getting snubbed for Utah, no fucking chance. I think it will cause confidence in the system to be so low that something will be done in the very near short term future. Some big names in the media have started to pre-emptively complain about how biased this system is in favor of the SEC and that will come to a head if jorja wins.

Except that it won't come to a head because of the no shame post you made earlier

Except that it won't come to a head because of the no shame post you made earlier

When 2 conferences are out with legitimate 1 loss contenders who won a conf title game plus you have everyone on fox ripping the system, the committee, and espn, I think something will happen. We'll see.

Tough to ignore georgia wins vs Florida, notre dame and Auburn. If they beat LSU then they both go.

Pac 12 and big 12 on the outside looking in at that point

And btw I am not disagreeing with you about what WILL happen .. just saying it is a complete joke when it does.

Actually .. looking at it closer, I should probably have Baylor over Utah right now, essentially eliminating Utah. If Baylor beats OU they will
1. Have avenged their only loss, to a top 10 team (shine is off oregon after last few weeks)
2. Would be 5-1 vs top 30, Utah would be just 2-1 (both wins vs same team so is it matchup?)
3. Have the tougher strength of schedule when compared to Utah

I should be ashamed having Utah higher than them right now. It appears to be an error on my part.

explain #2, last part please? both wins vs same team? who are we talking about on this one?

#3. that is only due to conference (Big 12 stronger this year than pac 12) because Baylor's nonconf is utter garbage. Sure, OU played ucla and houston but those were perennial bowl teams when they signed to play OU.

also, since we are considering conference, should you not give the benefit of the doubt to OU?

the only reason someone would not is if they are a tex-ass fan / OU hater.

No one is arguing that Georgia goes with a win Majent. It is LSU we are arguing about.

LSU has four wins over top 10 teams (top 10 teams at the time they played them) so i don't think they are dropping out of the top 4 even if they lose to georgia.

should they? i don't know. how good do those wins at tex-ass and over auburn look now?

i always try to gauge a win when the season is over but lots of voters (especially AP who currently has LSU #1) look at things differently.

again, it depends on *how* they win.

baylor would have to beat OU badly (say by 14+) and utah would have to squeak by oregon in a sloppy game, in order for Baylor to jump them.

Baylor needs to really put on a show.

Back