CTG Fantasy Football League 1

Is Jump the co-commish or something like that ? Does someone have access for the league renewal and if so does that person want to be the new commish ?

I would nominate KenPiffey for commish but I'm not even sure if he is a member here at CTG.

Would like to propose a rule change that every team is allowed one holdover player for one season at the cost being that you give up next season's draft slot for the round previous to where he was drafted. You must draft that player, no trades, and he must be on your roster the entire season. No first round picks would be allowed to be held.

Example: I drafted Todd Gurley in round 5 this season, if I hold him he costs me my 4th round pick in next season's draft. (yes this is a not veiled whatsoever attempt to keep Gurley lmao)...since the rule wasn't in effect this year I would say for this first season the rule is implemented that every team can hold one player they drafted even if they cut him... so Jump would be allowed to hold Karlos Williams (whom he selected this year in the 13th round) and give up his 12th round pick next draft.

Just an idea...

Just wanted to re-introduce this idea.

I dont have a problem with that idea - just makes a little work for the commissioner to sort it out.

Rolling it back?

Hell Yes. This is a great league.

Marlo is out and Jump hasn't responded yet so I have set up the CTG 1 league and sent out invites to league members from last year. Egg and TideHigh your emails were private so I will send you each a PM with the league link in it.

I have scheduled the draft for Tuesday August 30th at 8:30 Eastern standard time with 1 minute for picks. This isn't set in stone and can be adjusted if need be but it's after the 3rd week of preseason games and before Labor Day weekend so I thought it's a good time slot.

If someone wants to be commish I believe I can transfer that over with commish tools. If I stay commish I would like someone else who is a mod here to set up the leaguesafe that way everyone knows it's on the up and up.

Entry fee is $100 and we do have an opening if any member here at CTG is interested please post you want in. It's a highly competitive 1 QB, no ppr standard scoring league

Last edited:
Got the invite but i'm out fellas.. sticking w/ the 2qb ctg and a couple of my own that i've been doing for years.
Good luck.

Thanks for the quick response Nugzz and good luck this upcoming season (you too Marlo).

2 openings available in the CTG 1 league.

Entry fee is $100 and it's a highly competitive league.

Please let us know if you are interested.

OK Executive Decision the draft has been pushed back to Tuesday, September 6th at 8:30 EST...to many uncertainties in who is staying in the league to sort out in 8 days.

Believe last season we drafted the day before the season started and it worked out.

Sorry guys I've been out of commission for a while. I am out this year but good luck!

Can you email them?

Well we have heard from Kramer and he is out as is Guaranteed so I've got to round up some owners....looks like Tip wants in and I think he will be solid (thanks Grind)

Have sent PM's to GWarner and ProV1Colt to see if they are interested and will PM some CTG members this weekend to fill out the league.

Grind 4 Mine you have any interest ? If so here is the link:

https://yho.com/nfl?l=545409&k=d7a2eb3dc0a880cd&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=bbec6f119d6f1dba

I am waiting to hear back from Tip and am hopeful that he signs up. That would put us at 8 so we need 4 more owners so we should be good. About to post a thread to help fill it.

Draft is set for Tuesday, September 6th at 8:30 EST. Here is the link if anybody is interested in joining:

https://yho.com/nfl?l=545409&k=d7a2eb3dc0a880cd&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=bbec6f119d6f1dba

Gorg I hope you join us but haven't seen you around here lately hope all is well.

OK guys wanted to propose 2 possible rule changes this upcoming season.

First off is doing away w/ the defenses (or kicker) and just adding another slot for a positional player...perhaps going with 3 starting WR's instead of 2.

Secondly I like the idea of having 1 keeper for a 2nd season provided he was drafted and stayed on your roster the entire season with the cost being 1 round higher than where he was selected. As an example I took Todd Gurley last season in the 6th round and if I kept him it would cost me my 5th round pick in the upcoming draft.

Please feel free to voice an opinion on either of my proposals and if you would like to propose another idea feel free so we can discuss and decide.

OK guys wanted to propose 2 possible rule changes this upcoming season.

First off is doing away w/ the defenses (or kicker) and just adding another slot for a positional player...perhaps going with 3 starting WR's instead of 2.

Secondly I like the idea of having 1 keeper for a 2nd season provided he was drafted and stayed on your roster the entire season with the cost being 1 round higher than where he was selected. As an example I took Todd Gurley last season in the 6th round and if I kept him it would cost me my 5th round pick in the upcoming draft.

Please feel free to voice an opinion on either of my proposals and if you would like to propose another idea feel free so we can discuss and decide.

I like the idea of combining K and Def and adding KR and PR yards. This makes it a true special teams slot. So when you select D that team automatically receives that kicker.

I'm ok with a keeper, but it needs to be capped at rd 6 or later. I say this because new owners each season get hosed. I like that the player has to remain on your squad all season.

Just My thoughts

I like the idea of combining K and Def and adding KR and PR yards. This makes it a true special teams slot. So when you select D that team automatically receives that kicker.

I'm ok with a keeper, but it needs to be capped at rd 6 or later. I say this because new owners each season get hosed. I like that the player has to remain on your squad all season.

Just My thoughts

Not sure that is even available as an option w/ yahoo, I don't think I like adding return yards as I would rather de-emphasize non positional player scoring.

Actually that is an option. If people are interested I will certainly change it.

Last edited:
Little late in the game for rules changes don't you think?

Well we've had an absentee commish for a few years so at some point it would be nice to bring in some new ideas to the league.

Egg I need you to set up a leaguesafe or if you prefer just have us paypal you our entry fees...I'm not affiliated with the site and would like someone who is to handle the $ seeing as their have been problems in the past. Pretty sure everyone here trust you to hold the entry fees.

Last edited:
If anyone wants to look at the league settings and suggest any changes feel free to do so.

Do we want to use a FAAB $ or just stick with the standard waiver wire process ?

AZ Kid I'll vouch for you, set up the league safe. I am not interested in managing the money for this league I have too many other leagues I'm managing.

How many squads we gonna have this year?

Right now at 8 and banned member Tipyerbartender said he would be in but he hasn't signed up yet. That would put us at 9 and at that point we are just 1 away from being at 10 which worse case we can roll with.

Ideally we get our standard 12 but not sure that is gonna happen. Hopefully some members notice the thread in GD and decide to sign up. If you know people that are interested in playing have them take a look.

How many squads we gonna have this year?

OK now we have 10 and am hopeful we can gather up 2 more owners for a full 12 team league.

Will set up leaguesafe tomorrow...no rush everyone in the league is credible, hell everyone paid last season months after the league had started.

We need at least 10....

We have 10. It's getting late in the game not sure if we find 2 more owners. Anybody know anyone interested in joining last second ? If so forward them this link:

If we only end up with 10 teams should I add a roster spot to stretch out the player pool ?

Thinking a starting lineup of 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 2 Flex, 1TE, 1 D and 1 K ??? Let me know what you guys think.

We need at least 10....
So this is seen being that it's the last post on the previous page

We have 10. It's getting late in the game not sure if we find 2 more owners. Anybody know anyone interested in joining last second ? If so forward them this link:

https://yho.com/nfl?l=545409&k=d7a2e...ec6f119d6f1dba

If we only end up with 10 teams should I add a roster spot to stretch out the player pool ?

Thinking a starting lineup of 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 2 Flex, 1TE, 1 D and 1 K ??? Let me know what you guys think.

Will be back this afternoon about 3 EST to check on this and see if we got our two last owners.

Last edited:
Yahoo will set the Draft order randomly 30 minutes before the draft begins

Holding off on keepers, maybe next season we will add.

Will use FAAB for waiver claims with a $200 budget.

Last edited:
Thinking a starting lineup of 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 2 Flex, 1TE, 1 D and 1 K ???

Is this correct, AK?

Thinking a starting lineup of 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 2 Flex, 1TE, 1 D and 1 K ???

Is this correct, AK?

No.

Since we have 12 full teams I have it set with a Starting lineup of 10 that includes 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE, 1 K, and 1 D with a 5 man bench.

Sorry to correct so late but it's actually it's 1 Flex WR/RB and 1 Flex WR/RB/TE.

Anybody remember if we used 5 or 6 bench spots last season ? I have it set at 5 right now

Back