Counselor's thoughts on the 2008 Minnesota Golden Gopher Football Squad

Yup they will suck again , but they won't do balls this year.

A little bit improved.

Gar, I predict you will make a nice chunk of change betting against them ATS this year on all their games. Seriously. Especially early on.

Let me just say I didnt even realize that they went 1-11, that is just depressing because they used to be kind of good with that double punch Maroney -Barber (I think that was them right,maybe im thinking of something else). Here is what I think will happen

8/30 - N Illi - They are going to win this one, but I think it will be a tough one, first of all, I dont know, but im willing to bet that the N Illi season is dedicated to the kids killed in the school shooting, so they are gonna have motivation. Anyway Gophers should win but barely.

9/6 - @ BG - They are gonna lose this one. There team isnt that much improved and I think BG is about the same too, the fact that its on the road is probably whats gonna kill them.

9/13 - Montana St - I hope they will win this one, but they lost to ND St last year so anything can happen, but I think they win this one

9/20 - FAU - These are my homeboys and I have a lot of friends that go to FAU, anyway FAU has 15 returning starters and should be pretty decent, IMO Minny loses this one too, but what do I know

9/27 - @ OSU - They lost, but I wish they would win so we could laugh at Steed

10/4 - Indiana - Actually think they win this one, I dont think IU is gonna be nearly as good as last year.

10/11 @ Illi - They lost

10/25 -@ Purdue - They lost

11/1 - Northwestern - Take the over in this one, its being played in the dome, Minny wins this one though

11/8 - Michigan - They lost

11/15 - @ Wiscy - They lost

11/22 - Iowa - They are gonna lose this one but itll be a close game

Alexgurv thinks they go 4-8

What do you think? I Just did that because im bored

In the B10 they have very little chance to cover outside of Indiana and Northwestern.

I have a few "sources" left on the team and they've said QB Adam Webber looks pretty good, but they don't have much outside of WR Eric Decker. The defense will be improved, but when you're dead last in the nation in D there's no where to go but up.

I was recently at a wedding with about 15 former players including a few in the NFL and they were all pretty much laughing about this years team again and felt sorry for their buddies still left over. Not a lot of hope for Gopher fans this year. It's all going to depend on how well the JC recruits do on defense and if they can find another threat to compliment Decker.

Eric Decker should do better because they got a new addition, Brandon Green (fresh), supposedly the kid should be pretty good

8/30 - N Illi - They are going to win this one, but I think it will be a tough one, first of all, I dont know, but im willing to bet that the N Illi season is dedicated to the kids killed in the school shooting, so they are gonna have motivation. Anyway Gophers should win but barely.

9/6 - @ BG - They are gonna lose this one. There team isnt that much improved and I think BG is about the same too, the fact that its on the road is probably whats gonna kill them.

9/13 - Montana St - I hope they will win this one, but they lost to ND St last year so anything can happen, but I think they win this one

9/20 - FAU - These are my homeboys and I have a lot of friends that go to FAU, anyway FAU has 15 returning starters and should be pretty decent, IMO Minny loses this one too, but what do I know

9/27 - @ OSU - They lost, but I wish they would win so we could laugh at Steed

10/4 - Indiana - Actually think they win this one, I dont think IU is gonna be nearly as good as last year.

10/11 @ Illi - They lost

10/25 -@ Purdue - They lost

11/1 - Northwestern - Take the over in this one, its being played in the dome, Minny wins this one though

11/8 - Michigan - They lost

11/15 - @ Wiscy - They lost

11/22 - Iowa - They are gonna lose this one but itll be a close game

Alexgurv thinks they go 4-8

What do you think? I Just did that because im bored

Season ticket holder here, but mostly for the new stadium...

IMO, they will lose 3 out of their first 4, with the sole winner at home vs. Montana St. This might be the only game they cover, as well. I agree FAU comes in and wins. They lose the rest of their games and finish b2b 1-11 seasons.

I like the over in almost all their non-conference games as long as they aren't in the 60's. If the OSU game is under 30, I might mortgage my house...

I just looked up a stat, against IU, they are 11-1 in there last 12 home games. There was a time they were a lot better, but this could be a good stat, Indiana wont be as good as last year,dont know why but I think that, but I do. NW should be a toss up, And I think they beat N. Illiniois for whatever reason. Cant see them going 1-11. Like I said they got this frosh WR who should help out...from what I hear

I hope you're right, but I haven't much hope...this year...but come 2010?

FEAR THE GOPHER!!!

Green has been sub par from what I've heard. Great athlete, but having problems adjusting to players bigger than him with same speed.

MN -10 against NIU...I vowed last year I'd never bet on MN as a favorite and I think I may stick to it. I'm with you Counselor, I may take out a 2nd mortgage if tOSU is anywhere near -30

go sit on a plunger.

attachment.php

More worried about my Cowboys than the queens, Marlo...but I sure am excited about next week's road trip

Just talked to a buddy of mine from Madison this afternoon. Sounds like were making the trek over to Camp Randall in November.

Was gonna go to the Michigan game until I realized it was Deer killing season opener.

Back