Colonial Selections (a classic course)

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
I have been fortunate enough to play this course several times in the 90s and early 2000s. I actually played in the Wednesday Pro-Am in about 2003 and our pro was Chris DiMarco. DiMarco was a great guy by the way. I love the course and unlike Kiawah it is a course all of us could play. As with many things in golf for me, the last time I played Colonial was about 2006.

I have attached a link where you can navigate each hole with Google Earth. The video was taken in the late fall or even winter. It is much more lush, obviously, when its spring and leaves on the trees.

The course used to be ranked in the top 100 in USA and is now #161

Par is 70 and the two par 5s, 1 & 11, are really straightforward and relatively easy. #1 is reachable for most every pro after a good drive and was just out of reach for me when/if I hit my 2 best shots when we played from the Men's tees. The "horrible horseshoe" are holes #3 thru #5. The hardest holes for me were 3 thru 5, 6, 12, 14 & 15. The hardest par #3 is definitely #4 but #13 has a mandatory carry over water which fronts the entire green.

Dan Jenkins the famous sports journalist and author was from Fort Worth and always had great golf stories many of which included Colonial. The course is smack dab in the middle of Forth Worth and not far from the TCU campus.

All above may be too much information, but I loved playing Colonial. Good luck to everyone this week

Also, the tourney is being played in our PGA winner @pressitup home town

*It bugged me I could not remember the year I played in Pro-Am. Went and found the Plaque and photos = 2002

Last edited:
30-20-10 from RBC thru PGA

Tournament match-ups:

J Rose -115 Over S Garcia push Hated to see it happen, but Sergio's 76 including a one putt from 15 feet on 18 to make a "good" bogey got me the push)

P Kizzire -115 Over J Vegas win

C Connors to finish in Top 20 -115 win ( ties for 21st - bogeys 2 of the last 3 holes, including hitting ball in water on 18 to finish 21st...had it as a loser & it was until Sergio shoots 76 to also finish -4 with a bogey on 18 and had to one putt from 15 feet to make bogey)

Round #1

Spieth -125 Over Berger 1-0

Round #2 1-1-1

Morikowa -130 Over J Thomas push

Kisner +100 Over Horschel win

Sergio -125 Over Palmer lose

Round #3 2-1-1 (4-2-2 thru round #3)

Cabrera Bello +132 Over Woodland lose

H Varner -130 Over CT Pan win

P Kizzere -110 Over M McNealey (Mr McNealey is sitting pretty no matter his results) push

S Kang +180 Over B Horschel (long shot) win

Round #4 1-2 (5-3-1 for matches in rounds)

R Palmer -130 Over Wyndham Clark lose

M McNealy -115 Over Hadwin lose ( a little 32-40 +2. Maverick makes 4 bogeys in a row on the back and finishes with a bogey from middle of fairway)

Munoz +115 Over Todd win

7-4-3 for week
(with the rounds & tourney wagers)

Last edited:
Adding Round #1 wager Post #2 above.

Moving forward all wagers will be contained in Post #2

I took SPieth for action. He'll fade on Sunday to screw me.
rain some tomorrow, wind 8-12 NE.
GL on your action.

Look at Maverick go low.
I look at him every tourney to find where I can get a good number /possibility for win/top10/20.
I worked for his dad, several levels below, but you knew Scott either way.
I saw him right after the Pebble Beach pro am and was ready to ask him if Pavlecek held him back(they were in 2nd or so), when someone jumped in front of me to grovel.

round #3 post #2 above

Good luck today! McNeally playing real well, that concerns me a tad but otherwise looks solid.

I’m really liking Hoffman over Hadwin. Hadwin took advantages of some really fortunate short game breaks yesterday that I don’t think will hold up today, and Hoffman has been playing really well lately all around.

Round #4

R Palmer -130 Over Wyndham Clark

M McNealy -115 Over Hadwin

Munoz +115 Over Todd

Back