****College Football In-Game Thread****

So the Army game is a good reminder that even though average yard / play is usually a good measure of offense, if a team is constantly getting yards, no matter the size, that's usually better than chunk plays in terms of consistently being in the game.

Army O: 40 plays - 174 yards
Michigan O: 38 plays - 189 yards

I feel for anyone who's on Rutgers. Their two qbs are 8-24 for 39 yards and two picks with 40 of those yards coming on two plays.

Army covering the spread by 23 points right now and still no where close to the largest "cover" of the first set of games with Maryland covering their spread by 35ish points.

I wish someone with analytics could figure out what's more valuable - putting three guys back and simply playing to fair catch every punt (so you also have the benefit of never setting up returns and having holding, etc) or the current system where you occasionally get big returns but also risk losing "hidden" yards or penalties.

I get it was accidental but it's strange to me you can't make any contact on a punt return from the blind side (even below the head) but the game allows for head to head contact in any scenario where the defender is leading his head into the ball carrier. Not saying that should be a penalty but it's weird to me that the game has a lot of "for the safety of the player" rules where sometimes it's not dangerous but something that is always inherently dangerous (helmet to helmet) is ever allowed.

Don’t agree with that. He didn’t lead with his head, the guys legs got taken out from underneath him by a different player.

I kind of wish there was a targeting call that is "it was likely not intentional but he lowered his head and there was a lot of helmet to helmet contact". Something like 5 yards and auto 1st and no DQ. DQ should be for clearly aggregious plays.

this offense looks simple and predictable

looks awful

like the LSU experiment before they said, "Hmmmmmm....Saints gotta something cool 45 mins away. Should we call em?"

Shotgun, too

NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION

can these guys take a snap?

Yeah they can because that's all they did last year.

They simply refuse to have any balance to what they do; last year was stupidly doing like 2RB/2TE and now it's "let's do short yardage from the shotgun and never threaten a pass"

Huge risk by Army there considering I'm not sure they still have a great chance with 1 TO to get the 20-25 yards to do this.

Back