• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

****College Football In-Game Thread****

Yeah, I've seen it go the other way. Maybe this year. Coach down big, 4th and long backed up deep and goes for it and doesn't get it. I suppose one could say you punt, try and hold, get another series of downs and go from there rather than making it a make or break 4th down from your own 5 or whatever. Different minds think different ways.

They're better off than they would have been if they had gone for it. Two TDs -- especialy the way they've been playing -- is a longshot, but two TDs in 3:30 has happened many times.

Yeah, I've seen it go the other way. Maybe this year. Coach down big, 4th and long backed up deep and goes for it and doesn't get it. I suppose one could say you punt, try and hold, get another series of downs and go from there rather than making it a make or break 4th down from your own 5 or whatever. Different minds think different ways.
Well it's a winning mind vs a mind scared of a worse score. Punt with 5 left and maybe see ball once more. Go for it...get an interference call or something... Who knows. Your chances to WIN the game are higher with the ball in your hands. It's not really a debate. Play to win...

You got your over 50.5 anyway. And I agree with the UCF coach. Even though I'm trying to go over 53.5.

Back