****College Football In-Game Thread****

My wife is a Texas State alumna and has lots of Aggies in her family.

I can't wait for game 2.

did y'all see the "facemask" call on that last 3rd and 27..? After the play was over.. refs called the facemask on the sideline, let Utes keep the ball instead of punting..

BYU problem is that they cannot get the top Mormon talent anymore...the Wilson kid is going to be good...but their other skills position players are below average....they don't have a conference...they made a huge mistake going independent.

That and they have a clueless baffoon as a head coach. He is a glorified position coach and he no clue what he's doing.

that line move right before kickoff in BYU's favor, that made me take the bait.. hardcore. and now pick-6. jeeez

C'mom football gods...don't fuck with me and my under 47.5 ticket here...2 defensive TDs....Jeezus...

in addition to the facemask on 3rd and 27, I think the facemask penalty called on the RB when he was stiff-arming was a bad call, too

Terrible play-calling

what the fuck man? like i get going for you; you are 23 pt favs, rice sucks, why not. but the 3rd and 4th down runs like right into the line? either play if they went tothe outside they had 10+ yards

The Purdue game is killing me.
I want to play the boilers but the value seems gone. Talk about delaying a decision.
That usually means "move on"

what the fuck man? like i get going for you; you are 23 pt favs, rice sucks, why not. but the 3rd and 4th down runs like right into the line? either play if they went tothe outside they had 10+ yards
Watch the replay, the hole is there and the backer moves into it. He could have at least take n him on as he would be to the line before the backer filled. That would have been the difference between getting a yard or two and the loss on the outside.

I could have used 7, but I'm glad on the dog nonetheless
Nice to see Rice give effort. They've sucked for awhile.
I went to an Ag/Rice game in 79/80, the band was called "The Ghost Band of the Southwest". I wanna say there was 12 members.

Nice to see Rice give effort. They've sucked for awhile.
I went to an Ag/Rice game in 79/80, the band was called "The Ghost Band of the Southwest". I wanna say there was 12 members.
That seems weird since the MOB had already had a number of infamous exploits in the '70's.

When was the Reveille / "Where, O Where, Has My litt;e Dog Gone?" game?

I'll have to relent and go with the Polish middle if and when 5Dimes resumes posting ingame numbers.

• During a 1973 game against Texas A&M, Rice’s marching band made fun of several Aggie traditions. The band marched out to the field in a military-style goose-step and turned the Aggie War Hymn into "March of the Wooden Soldiers.” The band also made fun of Texas A&M’s school mascot, the dog Reveille, by forming a fire hydrant. An angry group of Texas A&M students gathered outside Rice’s stadium, and the band eventually had to be transported out via food service trucks. The performance has since been dubbed “The Halftime of Infamy.”
  • In 1980, controversy stewed over several Baylor University students posing in Playboy's “Women of the Southwest Conference” issue. The MOB mocked Baylor by marching in bunny costumes. In April 1981, Playboy ran several photos of the performance.
  • During a halftime game against UT-Austin’s Longhorns in 2007, the MOB mocked some UT football players' run-ins with the law. The MOB’s narrator said: "In the two years since the MOB last visited Austin, your team's demeanor — and misdemeanor — has changed.” The narrator added that the game’s program included “Mack Brown's wrist-slap Top 10 and a photo guide to the next episode of America's Most Wanted." Meanwhile, band members carrying cardboard police cars chased others dressed as UT-Austin football players.
  • Also in 2007, a Rice marching band performance left the University of Tulsa so upset that university officials filed a complaint. In the performance, the band mocked Tulsa Head Coach Todd Graham, who had left Rice for that post just days after signing a contract extension. During the halftime performance, the band went “searching” for Graham in the nine circles of hell. They eventually found him in the “10th circle of hell,” which was the University of Tulsa.
  • The MOB mocked UT-Austin again in 2011 when the band formed “$EC” during the halftime performance of the season opener. The “$EC” was commentary on Texas A&M University leaving the Big 12 — home to its UT rival — for the Southeastern Conference (the SEC). The performance made headlines locally.

The band also made fun of Texas A&M’s school mascot, the dog Reveille, by forming a fire hydrant. An angry group of Texas A&M students gathered outside Rice’s stadium, and the band eventually had to be transported out via food service trucks.
That 'll get you killed.
People make fun of the traditions all the time, but that's what gives Ags a central love for each other.
You mess with Ms Reveille and there's hell to pay.

That 'll get you killed.
People make fun of the traditions all the time, but that's what gives Ags a central love for each other.
You mess with Ms Reveille and there's hell to pay.
Reveille had died recently, so there was some uncertainty over what the song "Oh Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?" meant. They formed a fire hydrant, to indicate one thing, but some Aggies thought they were alluding to the loss of Reveille.

Here's a play-by-play of

"The Halftime of Infamy"

Back