Coaching Changes/Injuries/Players leaving for bowls etc.

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
NC State: We have confirmed that Tom O'Brien has been let go. More to come...

- footballscoop.com

Coaching Openings

Which one do you think is the best? I would go with Arkansas, even though you compete against LSU and Auburn you have some huge donors (Walton and Jerry Jones), great facilities, good recruiting with Texas near by. I think Tennessee will struggle, Fulmer had to recruit Ohio and California to get players.

Here are a couple openings from Schultz's twitter. Jeff Schultz ‏<s>@</s>JeffSchultzAJC Ton of CFB job openings: Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Auburn, Boston College, NC State ... Cal.

Also, do you think any big names take any of these jobs?

@BFeldmanCBS : Gene Chizik has been told that he is out at Auburn as the Tigers head coach a source just told me.

If I was gruden and was interested in coaching cfb. I'd wait for Texas or usc to open up. Even if I had to wait a year. Ark and Tenn are glorified Sec jobs.

Sonny Dykes is going to get one of those SEC jobs I would think. He is the hot name right now after the job he has done at La Tech. And although I would love to see Gruden in the SEC, I just dont see him taking it.

I think in order of best jobs it goes.

Arkansas, Tennessee, Cal, Auburn

Vols is the best SEC job and its not even close imo.

They have the best facilities and by far the biggest recruiting budget to work with. They also can recruit nationally.

Updated list:

Arkansas – John L. Smith

Auburn – Gene Chizik
Boston College – Frank Spaziani
Cal – Jeff Tedford
Colorado – Jon Embree
Georgia State – Bill Curry
Idaho – Rob Akey
Kentucky – Joker Phillips
North Carolina State – Tom O’Brien
Purdue – Danny Hope
Tennessee – Derek Dooley
UTEP – Mike Price
Western Michigan – Bill Cubit

I did it a few years ago it's around 50/50. Just watch who the interim is. If it's an up and coming assistant who might have a good chance at getting the job then they may be the play. If its an old lifetime assistant stay away(See Joe Kines).

and now for the annual important question - anybody have the record of interims in Bowl games?

Western pulled the trigger, eh? Good for them. No idea why Phil Steele has always liked him. Wonder if Dewayne Walker survives. Have they even announced what they are doing next season? Going independent?

They'd be lucky to have Hazell.

I'd be thrilled with Hazell.

Rumor is Jones & Dykes are the top candidates and initially Dykes turned them down but Purdue came back with bigger numbers and at least got his attention. I still don't see much of a shot with Dykes but who knows. Burke and his crew have been running around collecting pennies for a while to put together a legitimate offer unlike what you'd normally see from this administration.

Doeren keeps getting mentioned but he's taken his name out of the hat.

Kind of hope the bigger names fall through and we get Hazell...really impressed with what he's done @ Kent State.

Paul Petrino reportedly to Idaho. For a floundering team that is going Independent (or back to the Sun Belt) I would consider this to be a pretty good get. He has a recognizable last name and a decent offensive mind, which is really all that matters in mid-major football, because with the lack of athletes they get in Moscow you are never really going to have a lockdown defense.

Aaron Kromer the Saints 1st interim coach this season interviewed for BC

anyone know the frontrunner for that one?

There is a rumor flying around town that Bielema might be going to Arkansas. Seems kind of far fetched and too random to me

FACEBOOK
TWITTER

"The card said leave in the middle of your third straight Rose Bowl trip," might be how Bret Bielema explains his move from Wisconsin to Arkansas, if Pat Forde's report is accurate. Forde also reports the announcement will come Tuesday.
Update: Bruce Feldman confirms, and Mark Schlabach reports Bielema wants to coach the Rose Bowl.
Bielema is 68-24 at Wisconsin, with four 10-win seasons and three Big Ten titles to his name. He was ... absolutely nowhere near the list of reported candidates at any point during the epic Arkansas coaching search. This is quite a surprise, but that's how Jeff Long operates.
This follows rumors that everyone from Jon Gruden to Mike Gundy was just inches away from being hired. However, Forde is by far the most legitimate name to declare a hire imminent.
Bielema, you'll recall, is the coach who called out Ohio State's Urban Meyer for stealing recruits. And now he's reportedly going to the SEC West. He's also made a name for turning ACC transfer quarterbacks into pieces of Rose Bowl teams.
As for Wisconsin, how about those many coordinators who've left Wisconsin for elsewhere? Pitt coach Paul Chryst and new N.C. State coach Dave Doeren have got to be the first names on the Wisconsin fan's list.

The Malzahn hire is bizarre...Aren't they about to get rocked with sanctions?

how long are people going to continue saying this?

Whether they cheat(ed) or not, they are damn good at hiding it if they do. They ain't going to get hit with anything.

Back