Clemson vs Ohio State Preview Thread

ucf had already smashed the #2 team in the nation 40-13. not surprising that today's game was tougher. hard to beat #2 team in the nation twice, but they managed to do it.

OSU gets in i know its rigged.

But last year I knew Emmert made a phone call to ensure PSU was not getting in no matter what. Delaney even went to bat for OSU and even Michigan over PSU. lol

Your argument is better if you just said the playoffs need to be expanded and Im all for it. To say UCF or Western Michigan should be in top 4 I can't agree with.

What evidence have you seen that UCF isn't one of the top 4 teams in the country? What have they done this season that makes you doubt them? What is their "best loss"?

You can't compare that to bowls in time when bowls losing significance and teams with expectation of playoffs are in a bowl they dont care about @vk

What evidence have you seen that UCF isn't one of the top 4 teams in the country? What have they done this season that makes you doubt them? What is their "best loss"?

Give up gobs of points to USF and Memphis not playing a lick of defense. My god, because they go undefeated they should be in top 4 no matter where they play. Just say expand the playoffs.

I have no proof of anything, which I already said and neither do you. Thats why its stupid and the crooked committee gives us no blue print. Its all subjective. It drives discussions. Like pre season polls or polls of anything prior to November. Its creates false narratives.

Just like Bamas defense was all hyped last year until they faced a real offense in Clemson, cavs?

Lol yea if Auburn hadn't faced those 3 solid teams they'd be the best team, same tactic for Bama, Georgia...thats why the ceiling the best wins make crucial difference

Because they don't play anyone and give up 55 today at home. Good enough for me. How many last week at home? 100 in two weeks at home. Sweet, put em in.

Then you put them in the 4. If they aren't good enough they get beat

You fail to understand the fact the playoff exists to find the best team

Best record does not equal best team. That said, it is all objective. If someone wants to say UCF is their best team, that is their opinion. If someone thinks Alabama should get in over Ohio St. because XYZ, their opinion.

You can use various metrics to define the best team, but end of the day that is why there is a committee to pick the best 4 with the pre-determined criteria and then they play each other. Winner is dubbed the champion/best team.

so you want bama in. you have no objective way to show that bama is better than ucf other than you think they would win. but you are wrong all the time about who will win football games - if you weren't, you'd be sitting on your own private island somewhere instead of having this conversation

Just like Bamas defense was all hyped last year until they faced a real offense in Clemson, cavs?

Bama had enough three and outs to have their D wear out then clemson won the game illegally are you trying to pick on me somehow lol?

You can punch holes in every team’s resume until you put guidelines in place to know what exactly these people are supposed to be looking at. 11 random people from this site could score 28 on UCF, but they have an argument to be in as one of the most deserving teams. So does USC for that matter.

Or should we just look at who is supposed to be better?

Or maybe the quest for the “real” champion isn’t really realistic given the structure, history, etc of NCAA football?

You can punch holes in every team’s resume until you put guidelines in place to know what exactly these people are supposed to be looking at. 11 random people from this site could score 28 on UCF, but they have an argument to be in as one of the most deserving teams. So does USC for that matter.

Or maybe the quest for the “real” champion isn’t really realistic given the structure, history, etc of NCAA football?

Exactly what I said till Frick and Frack CTG fuckboys started their norm.

Which is what people like cubsker, VK and myself have been saying for years - the winner should be totally objective.

You have again missed the point. We are saying there should be an objective means to determine a champion. There should not be a system in place where a team goes undefeated and does not win the Championship. Not in college football and not in any sport.

Back