Clemson vs Ohio State Preview Thread

psu don't get some guys hurt on DL and OL during that game and they probably win comfortably.

but after tonight, if their strength of schedule is not better than Bama's it is awfully close. So you are punishing them for achieving and rewarding Bama for not achieving.
What did Wisconsin achieve? Undefeated regular season against nobodies in their division and any decent team at home (NW, Iowa, Mich)

1. Clemson
2. Georgia
3. OU
4. Bama
5. OSU
6. USC
7. Penn St
8. UCF
9. Wisconsin
10. Auburn

5-8 to me is flipping coins.

What did Wisconsin achieve? Undefeated regular season against nobodies in their division and any decent team at home (NW, Iowa, Mich)

Their SOS is on par with Alabama.
Wisconsin had to play a conference championship game while Bama sat at home.
So for winning their division, and then losing their championship game, Wisconsin is punished for having achieved the divisional championship. While Alabama, again with a similar SOS, is being rewarded for not achieving their divisional championship game.

Seems backward.

Their SOS is on par with Alabama.
Wisconsin had to play a conference championship game while Bama sat at home.
So for winning their division, and then losing their championship game, Wisconsin is punished for having achieved the divisional championship. While Alabama, again with a similar SOS, is being rewarded for not achieving their divisional championship game.

Seems backward.

They are punished because they played nobody all year until tonight. Free pass to a game they lose.

I don't get how you can put UCF over Auburn. Auburn beat two top-5 teams. UCF beat...

Auburn lost 3 games. Losses have to count for something, especially when they lost 3 times. Does Auburn beat UCF? Sure can't argue that, if their QB isn't awful for a stretch.

Auburn lost 3 games. Losses have to count for something, especially when they lost 3 times. Does Auburn beat UCF? Sure can't argue that, if their QB isn't awful for a stretch.

Give me points though in a game Auburn won't give a shit about in Peach Bowl and I may take UCF

It doesn't matter who I think is better. If my opinion was entirely accurate I'd be Scrooge McDuck diving into my pile of gold coins every day

The winner should be objective, not subjective

Im rewarding Bama over Wisconsin, yes. You think they are better? Im sure you'd bet Wisconsin straight up over Bama

Do you win every bet you make?

Does the better team always win a championship?

If Bama makes the playoff and loses on a bad call, would you just give them the trophy anyway because they are the best team?

Let UCF play Georgia Auburn and Clemson and then they lose 3 times as well. You can't tell for sure. You can't punish Auburn for having a daring SOS. Look at the wins: against Bama and Georgia. UCF has showed 0 ability to beat a high-caliber team.

The whole thing is subjective since there is NO FORMULA from the crooked committee. Whats your formula? Whats your top 9? Anyone can critique anyones. Its all opinion, theres no fact here. Its just who you think is better because all these teams haven't played head to head on a neutral. And by the time some do, shit happens, like guys suspended, going pro, not giving a shit playing a non power 5. Lets see what you got.

UCF has shown zero ability to lose to high caliber teams. hell, they've beaten the second best team in the country twice.

Do you win every bet you make?

Does the better team always win a championship?

If Bama makes the playoff and loses on a bad call, would you just give them the trophy anyway because they are the best team?

You just argue to argue.

No.

Anyone here can tell you that I have made this argument since I joined in 2006. I am consistent with it.

Let UCF play Georgia Auburn and Clemson and then they lose 3 times as well. You can't tell for sure. You can't punish Auburn for having a daring SOS. Look at the wins: against Bama and Georgia. UCF has showed 0 ability to beat a high-caliber team.

We don't know how UCF will go, hence the reason they are put in. The purpose of the playoff is to determine the best team in the country. If nobody has beaten them you can't say they aren't the best

Yeah, put Western Michigan in last year, blah blah blah. They showed well vs Wisconsin last year, they surely would have beat the shit out of Bama and Clemson.

We don't know how UCF will go, hence the reason they are put in. The purpose of the playoff is to determine the best team in the country. If nobody has beaten them you can't say they aren't the best

My high school team went undefeated. Nobody has proven they can't beat Clemson...

Your argument is better if you just said the playoffs need to be expanded and Im all for it. To say UCF or Western Michigan should be in top 4 I can't agree with.

Back